This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freemasons? of God or not?

I was talking to a Freemason, and he told me that to be a Mason you have to believe in The One True God. He also said that in the lodge you not allowed to talk about politics or religion. Does that make sence? The One True God rule makes membership avaliable to Chirstians, Jews and Muslims. Is that of God?
    "I am the Christian the devil warned you about!"

Originally posted by NavyFirefighter View Post
    I was talking to a Freemason, and he told me that to be a Mason you have to believe in The One True God. He also said that in the lodge you not allowed to talk about politics or religion. Does that make sence? The One True God rule makes membership avaliable to Chirstians, Jews and Muslims. Is that of God?
    Freemasonry is a religion and it's not the one of the Scriptures. Here's a helpful site of ex-Freemasons for Jesus...

http://www.emfj.org/index.html
    Thus says YHWH, "Stand by the ways and see and ask for the ancient paths, Where the good way is, and walk in it; And you will find rest for your souls.
    -Jeremiah 6:16

Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. - Matthew 11:29

Comment

A club that gives to charity and meets to discuss good works generally would be good. If that club wanted to dress us and do funny plays odd but nothing too harmful.
      But from what i have read and heard, the rituals would verge on idol worship. One of the main reasons for joining is promotion at work by covert means. This is especially bad in the police, law and other core services in the community, local and national government.
      There are certainly questions to be answered and i don't think a christian would be wise to be a mason. If you want to treat everyone fairly, at work, in society etc.
      1 Corinthians 1:12-13 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos: and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.

Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptised in the name of Paul?

KJV

May the power of the Spirit of our God unite us. SofTy.

Comment

You have to believe in "A God", any god will do as long as you believe in one. Even Lucifer counts as a god if you want him to. I am not a subsciber to all gods being the same god, I have looked at enough religions to know that they all claim to be the only true religion and therefore they are not compatable with each other.
        ὁ ̓Ιησοῦς κύριος

Comment

Masons = not good.

Just look for articles on the internet. Their organization, proceedings, and secrets arent that secret. You will find that they are bad news.

Comment

They are satanic - when you get to the Thirty third Degree, you must accept that Lucifer is God. Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by 9Marksfan View Post
              They are satanic - when you get to the Thirty third Degree, you must accept that Lucifer is God. Nuff said.
              Agreed. Keep well clear . . .

Comment

Freemasonry is not satanic or demonic. There are many fruit-bearing bible-believing Christian who are Masons. Yes, there are a lot of anti-masonic websites and fantastic claims about Freemasonry. Some ignorantly claim that Baphomet is the demonic god of Freemasonry and all sorts of other anti-masonic nonesense. My former pastor is a Freemason and he has led thousands of unbelievers to Christ. I was a mason and member of the advanced masonic orders. I'm no longer a member, but not because of all these demonic or satanic claims. I've had many of the conspiracy theorists tell me that there is a visible and invisible masonry, and that they just didn't let me in on the inner-most workings that were evil. It is funny to me how they believe that masons who have achieved the highest degrees the fraternity has to offer would know nothing about these evil leanings, while people who have never been masons know all about it. That baffles me. But it's something to think about, don't you think?

Now, as far as belief in God, the masonic fraternity only requires that a member profess a belief in God. They do not tell members what form their belief must take, or prescribe any doctrine. They leave that to the individual conscience, just like the Democratic party of the Republican party do. Or the Boy Scouts for that matter. Because the Boy Scouts allow a Jewish boy to join, would you keep your child out? Well, the Masons accept Jews and Muslims as members. Members are not allowed to discuss politics or religion in the lodge room. That is my personal objection, and why I'm not a member. I am not comfortable being in any place where I cannot proclaim Jesus Christ as Lord. That is a personal conviction. Others don't see it that way, and that's fine. But all this stuff I read from people who have no personal knowledge of what masonry is makes me really wonder why people like to spread lies when they don't really know if they are spreading truth or lies. Some find conspiracy theories so enticing that they don't really care whether it is true or not.

Here is a website that provides factual information: http://www.masonicinfo.com/
                "For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. " -Phillipians 1:21

Comment

One reason so much anti-mason stuff is out there is because of the murder of William Morgan. He was planning to publish a book of the secrets of the order. He was arrested for stealing and ended up getting kidnapped and murdered. Many people thought Masons did it and it caused a wave of anti-masonic thoughts.
                  Matt 9:13
                  13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
                  NASU

Comment

Originally posted by Brother James View Post
                    Freemasonry is not satanic or demonic. There are many fruit-bearing bible-believing Christian who are Masons.
                    "Thou shalt have no other gods before me." (Exodus 20:3). To worship or to call upon other deities is idolatry per the word of God but Masons can believe and call upon any deity - “any god will do”. No, James – Masonry and the Christian faith are not compactable no matter which way one chooses to spin “the Craft”…
                    "Masonry ... requires merely that you believe in some deity, give him what name you will ... any god will do, so he is your god" (Little Masonic Library, Macoy Publishing, 1977)

Comment

Well, that's one way to look at it. So, would you not let your son join the boy scouts because they only require a belief in God, not specifically Jesus Christ? Do people spew the same venom and vitrol toward the Boy Scouts? As I said, my reason for being a former mason rather than a current mason is that I do not want to put myself into any position where I am restricted from proclaiming Jesue Christ as Lord. The masons do accept non-Christian members. But so do the Democratic and Republican parties. Do folks apply the same principles to these organizations? If you find that your local Republican party has Jewish members or Muslim members, do you withdraw? Why or why not?

Masonry does not call upon any other deity. It simply leaves the decision as to who God is to the individual member.

Comment

Originally posted by 9Marksfan View Post
                        Have you been offered the 33rd degree? How did you come by this bizzarre information? Through personal experience? Nah. You're just spreading lies you've heard from others who also have never been a part of the 33rd degree ceremony. Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by KATA_LOUKAN View Post
                          Masons = not good.

Just look for articles on the internet. Their organization, proceedings, and secrets arent that secret. You will find that they are bad news.
                          Oh yes, if it's on the internet it must be correct. Check out www.masonicinfo.com if you'd like some accurate analysis of all this bizzare anti-masonic vitriol you find on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by ServantofTruth View Post
                            But from what i have read and heard...
                            Have you heard anything from a Christian brother who has been a mason? Or just read stuff on anti-masonic websites?

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Mark View Post
                              One reason so much anti-mason stuff is out there is because of the murder of William Morgan. He was planning to publish a book of the secrets of the order. He was arrested for stealing and ended up getting kidnapped and murdered. Many people thought Masons did it and it caused a wave of anti-masonic thoughts.
                              If William Morgan was killed because he was going to reveal secrets about the Masons, yet was arrested because he was stealing, that's enough for me. Pledge faith to God but steal and be arrested for it? Killed for secrets? Something is amiss, in a big way.

And, why would someone be required to pledge themselves to God yet spend that much time to make it through 33 stages of a secular organization, much of that being a secret in and of itself?

God is not secret.
                              Seek ye FIRST the kingdom.
                              Not second or third, but first.
                              Only when all else pales to God, when He receives all glory,
                              when He is the source of all hope,
                              when His love is received and freely given,
                              holding not to the world but to the promise to come,
                              will all other things be added unto to you.

Comment

Working...
                              X