The Tabrnacle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tabrnacle.

I have been thinking about something that is possible, could be far fetched I guess, but still possible. I think it may have some merit.

With the Temple Mount in Jerusalem in whatever compromised position it is in for the purpose of rebuilding the temple couldn't they just reconstruct the original and use that? Since the temple mount isn't accessible that possibly could equal to being in the wilderness and being in need of a temple.
    Until you've lost all faith in humanity you will be forever blind.

Look at what Amos 9:11 says and then do a study on David's tabernacle.

Comment

AMOS 9:11 In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old:

I was checking these out too:

http://www.bibleplaces.com/tabernacle.htm

http://www.thirdtemple.com/Shilo1/gallery.htm

Comment

Originally posted by napsnsnacks View Post
        I have been thinking about something that is possible, could be far fetched I guess, but still possible. I think it may have some merit.

With the Temple Mount in Jerusalem in whatever compromised position it is in for the purpose of rebuilding the temple couldn't they just reconstruct the original and use that? Since the temple mount isn't accessible that possibly could equal to being in the wilderness and being in need of a temple.

Maybe it isn't accessible because it a temple made with hands will never be rebuilt; since Jesus Himself said that He was the temple made without hands, and Jesus also said 'this temple' the one made with hands, would be destroy and not one stone left upon another.

If that temple made with hands was rebuilt, then Jesus' prophecy would be voided...and the builders would put Jesus in a position of error.

Comment

I just noticed that I left out the e in Tabernacle. LOL.

Comment

Prophecy in OT Scripture:
            AMOS 9:11 In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old:

Fulfillment in NT Scripture:
            Acts 15:14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name. And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written, After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up"

Hebrews 9:8 "while as the first tabernacle was yet standing: Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience; Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation. But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building"

Comment

Somehow I don't think that if the Jews DO build another temple that it will have any effect at all on Christ, or on prophecy. It'll just be a bunch of misguided Rabbinic Jews doing what they do best, ie their own thing.
              If they do rebuild it, and start sacrifices again, what does that have to do with Christ, prophecy, the church or anything else?
              Their sacrifices will still be just as pointless as they were before the temple was destroyed in 70 AD. A temple without the ark and mercy seat is just an empty building. That was the condition of Herod's temple. One built today would be no different.

Comment

Originally posted by David Taylor View Post
                Acts 15:14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name. And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written, After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up"

Hebrews 9:8 "while as the first tabernacle was yet standing: Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience; Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation. But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building"
                Wow, I love these! Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Kahtar View Post
                  Somehow I don't think that if the Jews DO build another temple that it will have any effect at all on Christ, or on prophecy. It'll just be a bunch of misguided Rabbinic Jews doing what they do best, ie their own thing.
                  If they do rebuild it, and start sacrifices again, what does that have to do with Christ, prophecy, the church or anything else?
                  Their sacrifices will still be just as pointless as they were before the temple was destroyed in 70 AD. A temple without the ark and mercy seat is just an empty building. That was the condition of Herod's temple. One built today would be no different.
                  To answer that question, I would have to say that the rabbinic Jews would built a temple for their king... the beast. And just like they did back in ancient days when they had the True God on their side, they will betray thir false god as well, sparking the desolation in the Abomination that causes desolation. That is the significance of the next temple built by hands of men. Will it please God that they will build another temple? of course not! However, that won't stop them, becasue they have to participate in the sins of their forefathers.

Comment

well, can't argue against that one!

Comment

Maybe it isn't accessible because it a temple made with hands will never be rebuilt; since Jesus Himself said that He was the temple made without hands, and Jesus also said 'this temple' the one made with hands, would be destroy and not one stone left upon another.

If that temple made with hands was rebuilt, then Jesus' prophecy would be voided...and the builders would put Jesus in a position of error.
                      Yeah I know but this isn't the issue at hand.

The issue is with these people who reject Christ not only mostly as individuals but nationally.

There is and has been a big movement in Israel for the people to get back to what they are and are supposed to be (obviously outside of the Messiah) not only individually but nationally with a religious government body so the only conclusion to be made is that they want a temple, they need a temple and will HAVE a temple whether it be on the temple mount or in the original tabernacle form and regardless what Christian theology says of the matter.

I rarely speak of it but I think that the only way that Israel will become nationally religious with an official temple is if a civil war is engaged in so that the secular government who forever fights the reinstitution of Israel as a religious nation being governed by the Torah and Talmud is removed.

As for antichrist standing in said temple and claiming to be God he would be effectively claiming sole rulership of Israel and its people so I think it would be very difficult for antichrist to have any real of effectual presence upon the Jewish people as such if not first the secular government of Israel is deposed or that same civil war will break out shortly after antichrists proclamations to be God because in that act itself is voiding Israel's current government and will have serious backlash.

So when all these people are heading for the hills (Petra I think) they will be mostly Christian Jews (for whatever racial or social definition they may have at that time) fleeing persecution of their own government, a government run by one who claims to be God.

I think this interior war will precede antichrists claim because Israel needs to be nationally primed under a religious government to gain wide acceptance of himself when the time comes or else he would just look like one more small time cult leader with a messiah complex.

This is why many times I put off accepting that this is the end of the world today because Israel's government is secular and for antichrist to deceive Israel outside of him having a small following the government would have to, prior to this, be disposed of in exchange for a government capable of supporting and accepting one who claimed to be God and doing so with popular public support.

Comment

Yeah I know but this isn't the issue at hand.

The issue is with these people who reject Christ not only mostly as individuals but nationally.
                        Isn't that the state of the Israeli rulers and government at the time in first century A.D. when Jesus prophesied the temple made with hands would be destroyed?

Can't see where the present rulers and the 1st century rulers are any different in their rejection of Christ....so why would Jesus take away the temple made with hands from one bunch of folks who reject Him; but then allow those stones to be reassembled for another bunch on down the line who reject Him?

Jesus didn't say 'one stone will not be left on another...until the 21st century when they will be restored while still in rejection of Me"

Jesus simple said the temple made with hands would be destroyed, and not one stone left on another.

Seems to me to reassemble the stones, is to limit Jesus' prophecy in a way He himself didn't limit it.

Comment

Isn't that the state of the Israeli rulers and government at the time in first century A.D. when Jesus prophesied the temple made with hands would be destroyed?

Can't see where the present rulers and the 1st century rulers are any different in their rejection of Christ....so why would Jesus take away the temple made with hands from one bunch of folks who reject Him; but then allow those stones to be reassembled for another bunch on down the line who reject Him?

Jesus didn't say 'one stone will not be left on another...until the 21st century when they will be restored while still in rejection of Me"

Jesus simple said the temple made with hands would be destroyed, and not one stone left on another.

Seems to me to reassemble the stones, is to limit Jesus' prophecy in a way He himself didn't limit it.
                          I definitely see your point here David, but I do not know if you see what they are trying to say. Or maybe becasue their conclusions line up with my POV concerning the temple and the end, I am missing something. Anyway, here we go.

Accoding to Zechariah 12, it is prophesied that they, the Israelites, will mourn and be bitter over their and their forefathers sins. (verse 10) In order for them to be bitter over their forefathers' sins, they too must participate in them. Hence the reason for the third temple.

You and I agree that although they will call it God's Temple, that God will have no part of it, because tue worshippers worship Him in Spirit and in Truth. No temple required.

However, in order for the son of perdition, the man of sin to be revealed in the same manner as described in 2 Thes 2:3-4, a temple must be around. Also, in order for the rest of the scripture in Zech 12 to be fulfilled, the people who survive the massacre that the Abomination that Causes Desolation will cause will mourn over not only their sins, but those of their forefathers. Sacrificing after the Death of Christ is one of those sins, and is in fact THE shared sin between their forefathers and themselves, which is the same sin as the rest of the world, rejection of the Messiah.

So, Yes, I see your point, that God does not need a temple ever again, and God will not sanction or sanctify any more temples. And I agree wholeheartedly. However, I believe that even if God is not a part of any temple, that is not going to stop Secular Israel from building one. The only thing though is that they will find out that their efforts will most definitely be in vain.

Comment

Third Hero,

"Temple of God" of 2 Thess. 2:4 is speak of Church, thaat Satan shall make war or rule over saints. Also, in 1 Cor. 3:16-17; and 6:19-20 telling us, that we are the temple of God, which Christ dwells in us. We will not see future literal building temple. Christ already destroyed it, and he raised it up in three days - John 2:19-21- speak of his resurrection, and He is the temple. We do not need earthly temple. Christ is our temple, because He dwells in us.

In Christ
                            Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

Comment

Originally posted by third hero View Post
                              I definitely see your point here David, but I do not know if you see what they are trying to say. Or maybe becasue their conclusions line up with my POV concerning the temple and the end, I am missing something. Anyway, here we go.

Accoding to Zechariah 12, it is prophesied that they, the Israelites, will mourn and be bitter over their and their forefathers sins. (verse 10) In order for them to be bitter over their forefathers' sins, they too must participate in them. Hence the reason for the third temple.
                              You lost me on the "hence the third temple" result.

Why can't simple repentence and redemption through Christ accomplish relieving their heartache over ancestrial sins?

Do you see this being accomplised for 'the fathers' through another rebuilt stone building, of through turning to Christ?

Psalms 78:6 "That the generation to come might know them, even the children which should be born; who should arise and declare them to their children: That they might set their hope in God, and not forget the works of God, but keep his commandments: And might not be as their fathers, a stubborn and rebellious generation; a generation that set not their heart aright, and whose spirit was not stedfast with God."

You and I agree that although they will call it God's Temple, that God will have no part of it, because tue worshippers worship Him in Spirit and in Truth. No temple required.
                              I believe God not having a part in it, is why He destroyed it...kinda emphatic way for Him to have dealt with a temple made with hands....remove every stone.

However, I believe that even if God is not a part of any temple, that is not going to stop Secular Israel from building one.
                              Then why was it even destroyed in the first place, if only to be rebuilt again later in disobedience and again in rejection of Christ?

Comment

Working...
                              X