No announcement yet.

Pondering Roe versus Wade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it entirely a fair argument to point out that in the first post, it was mentioned that we should not put our morals on the rest of the nation by outlawing abortion. Yet, the OP argued in another thread that it should be wrong to kill a thief when the law doesn't say it is wrong.

It's OK if you don't want to answer my questions. I'll still ask them and continue to point stuff out. It seems the arguments are inconsistent.
    I think it entirely a fair thing to point out an inconsistent argument, especially when the lives of babies are on the line.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Mark View Post
      Kind of like killing thieves. Doesn't make it right though, does it?
      Pretty much huh.
      The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. Psalm 23

Comment

Oh Seeker, do not encourage him

Comment

Originally posted by Seeker of truth View Post
          Pretty much huh.
          Perhaps a cut and paste from that thread would be appropriate here. What do you think?
          13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
          NASU

Comment

Before I post my feelings I want to make it clear I have nothing but compassion for any woman who aborted only to regret her decision.

The only reason I can ever see to terminate a pregnancy is due to a tubular pregnancy. The fetus has no chance for survival in this occurance and both may die if untreated.

Abortion is murder...period! An innocent life is terminated because it's not convenient for it to be born. Every time we have sexu@l relations there is a chance of pregnancy. If we do not want a child perhaps we should abstain.

Yes, this may be harsh but so is the slaughter of innocent life.

Comment

Originally posted by I<3Jesus View Post
              Oh Seeker, do not encourage him
              But I agree with him

You know I love you I <3 Jesus

Comment

Originally posted by I<3Jesus
                So you are attempting to hijack and derail the thread on purpose? Reported.
                Nope. Just make some valid points about the inconsistencies. Would love to engage you on it. How is it not inconsistent? They seem very similar to me.

Why can we say it is morally wrong to kill a thief, and that it should be outlawed. But then turn around and say we can't outlaw abortions? If it is murder to kill a thief, why is it not murder to kill an innocent baby?

It's very related to the OP.
                NASU

Comment

Personally, I wish you'd answer Mark's questions. If you believe in the right to life of a thief, why not an innocent baby? Why protect the lives of the guilty and not the innocent?
                  My Blog

Comment

I just read this sentiment in someone's signature line and it got me thinking. First of all I can acknowledge that abortion is a hot topic on both sides, but do we really want to start trying to push our beliefs on the secular world? What happens when that backfires and they start pushing back? What happens when they start pushing their beliefs on us? When they start taking away our rights? I am a Christian, but I do not support overturning Roe versus Wade. My spiritual beliefs should not govern what a non believer has the right to do or not to do. Once you start making statements like the one above, once you start pushing for laws based on your beliefs, you open a can of worms that none of us our ready to deal with. Thoughts?
                    It's not a question of pushing our beliefs on the secular world. It's standing up for what is right. We must take a stand. Innocents are being slaughtered by the millions and it's perfectly legal

I would love to see Roe vs. Wade overturned. While nothing will completely stop abortion at least we are standing up for the innocents.

Comment

Originally posted by Whispering Grace View Post
                      Personally, I wish you'd answer Mark's questions. If you believe in the right to life of a thief, why not an innocent baby? Why protect the lives of the guilty and not the innocent?
                      Brother Mark has brought forth a good question. Even criminals are given more protection than the innocent unborn children. It really shouldn't be this way. As Whispering Grace mentioned, perhaps in the future to come we will have a government that will do something about this. It just isn't right, IMO.

Originally posted by ConqueredbyLove
                      Even sheep fall down sometimes...But Jesus picks them up as they can't pick up themselves

Comment

Originally posted by I<3Jesus
                        Jess - That is not what he is saying. You would have to read the other thread to understand (if it is even possible) where he is coming from. Apples and oranges my dear.
                        Actually hon I see his point.

How can one call killing a thief wrong yet justify the murder of an innocent?

Both are wrong.

Comment

Actually hon I see his point.

How can one call killing a thief wrong yet justify the murder of an innocent?

Both are wrong.
                          I did not justify the murder of an innocent. I said that I believe there are exceptions to the rule (rape, incest, death to the mother), but I did not advocate abortion. I said it is wrong for people to attempt to change laws based on the beliefs of a fraction of the whole. In this case I cited Christianity, but I would disagree if Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, etc. tried to do something similar.

Comment

I did not justify the murder of an innocent. I said that I believe there are exceptions to the rule (rape, incest, death to the mother), but I did not advocate abortion. I said it is wrong for people to attempt to change laws based on the beliefs of a fraction of the whole. In this case I cited Christianity, but I would disagree if Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, etc. tried to do something similar.
                            I never said you did. I am saying that is the kind of logic frequently used in abortion debates.

Comment

I never said you did. I am saying that is the kind of logic frequently used in abortion debates.
                              Ah OK. Like I said earlier, it is really not about skirting the question, but the person who asked it. We could be here all night correcting his interpretations of what it is I am trying to plainly say

Comment

I said it is wrong for people to attempt to change laws based on the beliefs of a fraction of the whole.
                                So it doesn't matter if the law is morally reprehensible? Majority rules?
                                My Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X