Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Did Joseph and Mary Take Jesus to Africa?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Did Joseph and Mary Take Jesus to Africa?

Joseph (Yosheph) and Mary (Mariam) were told to take the baby Jesus to Africa-Egypt. Why did God choose Egypt of all places?

Originally posted by deepjagga View Post
    Joseph (Yosheph) and Mary (Mariam) were told to take the baby Jesus to Africa-Egypt. Why did God choose Egypt of all places?
    It was out of reach of Herod.
    "Here I raise my Ebenezer"

Comment

Originally posted by pnewton View Post
      It was out of reach of Herod.
      Well, that's true. It was way out of reach from Herod.

Comment

This is just another one of Jagga's threads that tries to promote that Moses and Jesus were black and that the Jews of today are fakes and that blacks should leave Christianity. It's all racist. One of his threads was just erased by the mods. I plan to warn them of this thread as well.
        1Peter 3:15
        (BBE) But give honour to Christ in your hearts as your Lord; and be ready at any time when you are questioned about the hope which is in you, to give an answer in the fear of the Lord and without pride;

Comment

Well, that's true. It was way out of reach from Herod.
          Sometimes the simplest answers are the best, especially since this is what the angel said the reason was.
          "Here I raise my Ebenezer"

Comment

Stop it!

Everyone has caught onto the real agenda here!

Please stop this non-sense!
            Ephesians 2:8
            For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God
            Romans 11:29
            for God's gifts and his call are irrevocable.

Comment

I was wondering why all the threads are about black vs white.

Galatians 2: 20
              I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sherrie View Post
                I was wondering why all the threads are about black vs white.
                Me too. Well actually I think we know the answer.
                Ephesians 2:8
                For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God
                Romans 11:29
                for God's gifts and his call are irrevocable.

Comment

Seeing as Egyptians are not even Black Africans, I don't even really understand his point. But as others have said, there is no use getting in some big debate.
                  While you are on this site, don't debate to win and prove yourself right, but discuss to learn and find truth, and to encourage through a humble spirit. God Bless

Ephesians 4:1-3
                  As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.

Comment

This is why:

Matthew 2:13-15

13 When they had gone, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream. "Get up," he said, "take the child and his mother and escape to Egypt. Stay there until I tell you, for Herod is going to search for the child to kill him." 14 So he got up, took the child and his mother during the night and left for Egypt, 15 where he stayed until the death of Herod. And so was fulfilled what the Lord had said through the prophet: "Out of Egypt I called my son."

It was to fulfill Scripture. To prove that Jesus is the Messiah.

Hosea 11:1 "When Israel was a child, I loved him,
                    and out of Egypt I called my son.

Israel was the "type" of son while Jesus was the TRUE Son. Just as many things in the OT foreshadow the real (read Hebrews about sacrifices), this is just another example.
                    If we doubt or do not believe that God is gracious to us and is pleased with us, or if we presumptuously expect to please Him only through and after our works, then it is all pure deception, outwardly honoring God, but inwardly setting up self as a false [savior].... (Part X. XI) Excerpts from Martin Luther, Treatise Concerning Good Works (1520).

Comment

This thread has been re-opened and moved to Contro...

Comment

Actually it is not racist, to discuss that which is truth,

I myself have been criticized because of posting the fact that Jesus had to have been wrapped in flesh that had color.

No he was not an African American, but he was a man of color, as is the majority of the world,not blonde hair and blue eyes as he has been depicted here.

Early depictions of the Madonna, showed her being a woman of color.

Annnnd when Joseph's brothers bowed before him in Egypt, and DID NOT recognize him, is also proof that they bowed before a man the same complexion as the Egyptians, the same complexion as THEM.

The Israelites depicted today are not the true Israelites that the bible speaks of.
                        It takes love to embrace those ones who are weak, and strength to endure the weakness, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

Comment

Originally posted by always View Post
                          Annnnd when Joseph's brothers bowed before him in Egypt, and DID NOT recognize him, is also proof that they bowed before a man the same complexion as the Egyptians, the same complexion as THEM.
                          The descendants of the pyramid-building Egyptians still live in Egypt. They are known as 'Copts' and are Christian non-Arabs. They are not black.

The Israelites depicted today are not the true Israelites that the bible speaks of.
                          Well, then what are we?

Comment

Originally posted by Fenris View Post
                            The descendants of the pyramid-building Egyptians still live in Egypt. They are known as 'Copts' and are Christian non-Arabs. They are not black.
                            That is correct, Joseph would have been akin to the pyramid-building Ancient Egyptians.

Originally posted by Fenris
                            Well, then what are we?
                            Turn to Galatians 4 verse 5 - ...“that we might receive the adoption of sons.”
                            It takes love to embrace those ones who are weak, and strength to endure the weakness, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

Comment

Originally posted by always View Post
                              That is correct, Joseph would have been akin to the pyramid-building Ancient Egyptians.
                              Right. And they were semitic middle eastern. Not black african.

Turn to Galatians 4 verse 5 - ...“that we might receive the adoption of sons.”
                              Uh. Clue me in, please.

Comment

Working...
                              X