Pro Death Penalty Christians?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Death Penalty Christians?

I'm trying to find some evidence that the death penalty is part of Gods plan for man to do to another man. Most platforms are pro life/pro death penalty or pro choice/anti death penalty. Could somebody more versed than I with some good opinions clear this up please? You often see the warmongering Republicans on the pro life/pro death penalty side. Let's talk about this important issue. Would Christ vote pro death penalty?

The five books of Moses mention the death penalty for murderers in each book.

Comment

In Romans 13:4 God authorizes governements to use force to put down evil which in some cases requires force in the form of Law Enforcement and/or Military Forces.

I support the death penalty because if I didn't then I'd be disobedient to God's will for governement.
      Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Originally posted by Fenris View Post
        The five books of Moses mention the death penalty for murderers in each book.
        What about forgiveness?

Originally posted by Slug1 View Post
        In Romans 13:4 God authorizes governements to use force to put down evil which in some cases requires force in the form of Law Enforcement and/or Military Forces.

I support the death penalty because if I didn't then I'd be disobedient to God's will for governement.

Comment

Originally posted by groovemongrel View Post
          What about forgiveness?
          Where does God tell the government to forgive? If Government forgives, can there be any form of punishment for criminals? How can one punish what has been forgiven?
          Matt 9:13
          13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
          NASU

Comment

What about forgiveness?
            What about it? Forgiveness doesn't preclude punishment.

Also, in the case of murder the victim isn't around to give forgiveness. So any forgiveness is incomplete.

Comment

What about forgiveness?
              Forgiveness has nothing to do with consequenses (Imprisonment/death penalty) of criminal activity. Forgiveness is for the person doing the forgiving so that their soul is at peace with God.
              Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Not just that, but what about the repentive criminal ?
                Jesus fully forgave the criminal but didn't lessen
                the earthly punishment and suffering by one bit (that we know of).

Luke 23:39-43 NIV
                (39) One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: "Aren't you the Christ? Save yourself and us!"
                (40) But the other criminal rebuked him. "Don't you fear God," he said, "since you are under the same sentence?
                (41) We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong."
                (42) Then he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom."
                (43) Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise."
                "Love is not about you...and it never was"
                "Selfishness is inwardly focused, but Love is Always outwardly focused!"

I am very anti-abortion, anti-murder, and Pro-Love.
                Gotta stop repeating myself...

Stop Marfan - The Silent but deadly killer.
                It's main weapon is lack of truth.
                Please learn the truth about the Marfan syndrome
                by visiting The National Marfan Foundation.
                Feel free to ask me any questions you may have
                about the Marfan syndrome and I will answer them
                the best I can.

Comment

Originally posted by SammeyDW View Post
                  Not just that, but what about the repentive criminal ?
                  Jesus fully forgave the criminal but didn't lessen
                  the earthly punishment and suffering by one bit (that we know of).

Luke 23:39-43 NIV
                  (39) One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: "Aren't you the Christ? Save yourself and us!"
                  (40) But the other criminal rebuked him. "Don't you fear God," he said, "since you are under the same sentence?
                  (41) We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong."
                  (42) Then he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom."
                  (43) Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise."
                  If their repentance is true, the very moment they lie down for that shot they are standing at the gate to Heaven. Would you send them back into society, where they will be dogged, for the rest of their life for their crime, and steal Glory from them?

I apologize. Back to the purpose of this forum. GM, these folks have a debt to pay and that debt is not to God (if they repented, they have paid that one) but their debt is to society. It is very much a principal of God that if I steal your automobile and I am caught that I owe you seven like vehicles. Society has turned away from God and is disobedient, as are many "Christians." We believe we are smarter than God and if you will look around you, you will see the result of that disobedience. God has, by and large, abandoned us to our own devices and web are in a mess because of it.

Mods, I promise not to break the rule again.

Comment

Killing someone in captivity ( a prisoner) and killing them in defense or on a battlefield are very different circumstances.

Comment

The bible does not make that distinction.

Comment

Originally posted by ohpenn View Post
                        Killing someone in captivity ( a prisoner) and killing them in defense or on a battlefield are very different circumstances.
                        .. Since we are Christians here the last court of arbitration is the Word of God and as referenced by Fenis, the wise non-Christian, the Bible will not support that premise. Unlike the lost man and the Catholic/Greek Orthodox, we never lean on tradition to supercede the Word of God.

Comment

In the Elections section?

GEN 9:5 And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man.
                          GEN 9:6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

EX 22:2 If a thief be found breaking up, and be smitten that he die, [there shall] no blood [be shed] for him.
                          EX 22:3 If the sun be risen upon him, [there shall be] blood [shed] for him; [for] he should make full restitution; if he have nothing, then he shall be sold for his theft.

NUM 35:31 You shall not take money of him that is guilty of blood, but he shall die forthwith.
                          NUM 35:32 The banished and fugitives before the death of the high priest may by no means return into their own cities.
                          NUM 35:33 Defile not the land of your habitation, which is stained with the blood of the innocent: neither can it otherwise be expiated, but by his blood that hath shed the blood of another.
                          NUM 35:34 And thus shall your possession he cleansed, myself abiding with you. For I am the Lord that dwell among the children of Israel.

ECCLES 3:3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

MT 24:43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

LK 3:14 And soldiers also asked him, saying, And we, what must we do? And he said unto them, Extort from no man by violence, neither accuse `any one' wrongfully; and be content with your wages.(The Bible In Basic English)

LK 11:21 When a strong man armed keepeth his court, those things are in peace which he possesseth.

REV 13:9 If any man have an ear, let him hear:
                          REV 13:10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.
                          JER 14:13 Then said I: 'Ah, Lord GOD! behold, the prophets say unto them: Ye shall not see the sword, neither shall ye have famine; but I will give you assured peace in this place.'
                          JER 14:14 Then the LORD said unto me: 'The prophets prophesy lies in My name; I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spoke I unto them; they prophesy unto you a lying vision, and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their own heart.

Comment

Still waiting for "Thou shall kill"

The bible does not make that distinction..
                            If your comment is correct, then all killing is wrong, including the instances of defense.

Comment

Originally posted by ohpenn View Post
                              Still waiting for "Thou shall kill"

If your comment is correct, then all killing is wrong, including the instances of defense.
                              I'm sorry to be the one to point this out to you but the word kill here has been adapted from a 1611 English translation and the use of the word then is somewhat different than today. In most later English translations the Hebrew word is translated "murder" and that is indicating exactly what was inferred in 1611. Your stance is without sufficient historical study.

Comment

Working...
                              X