Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movies

What's the last movie you rented or bought? Was it worth it? I thought we could share. You know; tell alittle about the movie. I am having a hard time finding a movie to watch.

I just got done watching 'Pirates Of The Caribbeans... At Worlds End'. The third one. It was better to me, than the other two. 3 hours long. With my job, it took me three days to watch it. Finally finished it. Wonder if there is going to be a 4?

Galatians 2: 20
    I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

I have "The Court Jester" comming from Netflix. Should be very funny. It stars Danny Kaye at his best.
    sigpicLord, now let your servant depart in peace. For my eyes have seen your salvation.

My Commission in the army of Christ

Here I Stand

If you remember "The Fishnet" in Charleston, Illinois, contact me.

Comment

Oh yeah...I love those old movies! Loved the one with Danny Kaye in The Five Pennies.

Galatians 2: 20
      I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Comment

Anything with Danny Kaye is great. I've seen it before. On one show I saw that was talking about it they were talking about the fencing scene. It was supposed to be between Danny Kaye and Basel Rathbone but Danny and his fencing teacher got so fast at it that Rathbone couldn't keep up so they ended up filming it with Kaye and the fencing instructor.
        sigpicLord, now let your servant depart in peace. For my eyes have seen your salvation.

My Commission in the army of Christ

Here I Stand

If you remember "The Fishnet" in Charleston, Illinois, contact me.

Comment

I'm not a big movie person but found myself at the movies twice this week! So when these movies come out on dvd, I recommend them.

National Treasure 2

Kite Runner (read the book..movie was good...not as good as the book but still good!)
          .................The message of the cross divides the human race." ~MW~

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
          .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

Comment

We just watched "Facing the Giants" last night and really enjoyed it.
            It was very inspirational.

Jeanne
            Refrain your voice from weeping, and your eyes from tears, for your work shall be rewarded declares the Lord, and they (your children) will come back from the land of the enemy. Jeremiah 31:16-17
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sometimes God lets you hit rock bottom so that you can discover He is the rock at the bottom

All the forces of darkness cannot stop what God has ordained. Isaiah 14:27

Comment

I bought "Empire Records" about a week ago. It's a cult classic! I love it! Before that I bought Memento.

The next movies I'm buying are "Gone Baby Gone" and "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford"
              Romans 8:11

Comment

Hi Sherrie,

I highly recommend The Last Sin Eater.

It was a book written by Christian fiction author, Francine Rivers. It was made into a movie and directed by Michael Landon, Jr. It came out in theaters for only one weekend last March and I missed it. I had to wait until May, when it came out on dvd. I own the movie, kayte owns the movie, and her daughter mosey owns it as well. We all LOVE it and have watched it over and over. In fact, it may be time to watch it again.

It is very moving. I don't want to say a lot about it because you just need to see it! I don't think you'd be disappointed.
                I sing for I cannot be silent. HIS love is the theme of my song!

Comment

One of the Christmas presents I got was a collection of 250 old movies, and I've been having a blast watching them!! I've only watched 8 since I got them, but part of the fun is looking for what would be good. (It will be a long time before I can say I've seen everything in the house!)

The best one out of the group so far has been a Danny Kaye movie, The Inspector General. Not as good as The Court Jester, but very entertaining.
                  "He comforts us in all our trouble, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in every trouble, through the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God." 2 Cor 1:4

"forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead," Phil 3:13

"For our citizenship is in heaven, ..." Phil 3:20

Click here if you were wounded spiritually after abortion.
                  Click here if you are pregnant and need help.
                  Click here if you have been raped and are looking for help

Comment

I got a laugh from Underdog last week.

I used to watch the cartoon all the time (how many) decades ago?

Funny movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Sherrie View Post
                      What's the last movie you rented or bought? Was it worth it? I thought we could share. You know; tell alittle about the movie. I am having a hard time finding a movie to watch.

I just got done watching 'Pirates Of The Caribbeans... At Worlds End'. The third one. It was better to me, than the other two. 3 hours long. With my job, it took me three days to watch it. Finally finished it. Wonder if there is going to be a 4?
                      I am pretty sure that Pirates is a trilogy, so there won't be any more made. That was it.

I enjoyed it; but the first one is still the best I think.

Comment

Last movie I watched on DVD was The Kingdom and the last movie I watched at the theater was I Am Legend. I enjoyed both of these movies.
                        Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

The Great Debaters was the best film I've seen in a long time.

Comment

The last movie on DVD we saw was The March of the Penguins...... it was a gift and we loved it! If you love animals, I can recommend it!
                            We also just watched season 9 of Jerry Seinfeld...... very nice too!
                            But my favourite movie still is Clipping Adam..... nothing special effects or actors (well besides Kevin something who played Hercules has a role in it) but the most beautiful movie I have ever seen, simple, to the point but the one I always want to watch when I don't feel good as it gives me so much courage, even though I know constantly what will happen, as we have seen it at least 5 or 6 times by now (maybe even more)......
                            We also have the British tv-series of the Chronicles of Narnia, which I love too...... and finally we recently saw the DVD from Monthy Python's search of the Holy Grail again...... very funny indeed!

We love DVD's as we don't have a tv anymore (threw it out more than a year ago)......

Love you,
                            Mieke
                            Glorious Day
                            Living He loved me
                            Dying He saved me
                            Buried He carried my sins far away
                            Risen He justified
                            Freely forever
                            One day He's coming
                            Oh Glorious Day!

Casting Crowns

Comment

Michael Landon Jr. is a great director. The last movie that I bought was Donovan's Reef with John Wayne. Love that movie. The movie that I bought before that one is "Wild Hogs" with Tim Allen, and John Travolta. It's a good movie. There is a scene or 2 that I could do without, but other than that it will keep you laughing.

Comment

Working...
                              X