Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shalom/Discussion from Intro

Hello everyone,
    By now I am sure some of you have read some of my post and threads. I would like to take this time to address some questions you might have about me. I am not here to convert you into Judaism, or to force my beliefs on anyone here. Please respect me and reciprocate. I am here to discuss the word of God. I have a passion for God and His word. It is believed that God the Torah and the land are synamonous, if you have a love for one you should have a love for the other. I do not make statements in reference to what I believe to start a debate, but to give you an elucidated understanding of me and my thoughts. For the record: I do believe that Jesus is the messiah, He died for my sins and rose from the dead. I do speak in tongues and could share some stimulating stories with you about how I have seen God manifest. (Power of the Holy Spirit) I do not consider myself to be a Christian because depending on whom you ask being a Christian means so many different things, and I do not agree with them all. I believe although I share some beliefs with Christians we see the word of God in different ways. I consider myself to be a Hebrew Israelite. I study the Torah, I keep the laws of Moses, which I consider to be habits for everyday life, I observe the biblical feast days, and I love my God. I would like to be able to discuss the word of God with you or (midrash) to bounce information off of each other with out having to explain my beliefs or salvation. If you do have questions about what I believe I will answer them for you just post them here, not on the thread. I will only answer questions on the thread that pertain to the topic of discussion. If asked to do otherwise I will simply post please see intro “Shalom”. I will use scripture to justify my comments for I believe that the word of God speaks for it self. This is a place for me to fellowship with those that share the same passion GOD. Thank you and we will talk soon Shalom…

We have already met, but welcome.

You can expect people here to ask you what you believe/interpret/ understand/think, we all ask each other these question in an attempt to gain an understanding of the person we are talking to. Thats just pretty much normal process. You can also expect some threads to rabbit trail a little, any comment made in a thread is apt to get a response which then can cause the rabbit trail.

You should do fine here, I personally will enjoy talking with you, I am very interested in your thoughts on the Bible. Any questions you have about what I believe/interpret/understand/think, I will try to answer.

Enjoy the forum.

sigpic

Comment

Hi there, welcome.
      I can understand not wanting to use a term with connotations you don't want to label yourself with, but I'm surprised you recognise your saviour and don't reference Him in what you state as your denomination. That said, I really don't care what you call yourself - if you know Christ, we're brothers regardless. I look forward to hearing your perspectives
      Call to Me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known. Jeremiah 33:3
      You put the stars in the sky and you know them by name, You see the depths of my heart and You love me the same, You are amazing, God.
      I do not 'hope' I am saved and I do not 'think' I am saved, I know it with an absolute conviction. I know that I am saved just as I know that I think and I know that I feel. I am purchased and sealed, His possession.

Comment

Thank you both for your warm welcome, quietdove- thanks for elucidating the rabbit trails, you are right it is bound to happen. immensedisciple- God is mentioned in Hebrew Israelite Hebrew means one who has crossed over. It is like saying I worship the God of Abraham Issac and Jacob, which is Jesus.

Comment

Hi there and welcome to the board

I would like to know, do you study the Bible or just the Tanakh (Jewish Bible aka Old Testament)?

Thanks and welcome again

God bless
          Phil

Comment

Hey,
            I study the complete bible Tanakh and Brit Hadasha (NT) thanks for the welcome Shalom

Comment

Hi Mlaw... what distinctives do you have between your beliefs and those of Christians? If you believe that Jesus is the God of Abraham, Moses and Isaac, and that He is the Messiah promised to Israel, and that He will come again, wouldn't that mean that you are a Christian?

What is it other than these that so distinguishes Christian doctrine to you that you are not prepared to call yourself a Christian, although you follow key Christian beliefs?

Welcome to the forum by the way. I'm studying Hebrew at the moment. If I can pick your brains on anything let me know.
              Please could everyone pray for Mieke and Charles.

My testimony http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthr...ight=testimony

Comment

Hello and thank you for asking,
                I believe mainly because I used to be a Christian that it is much more than confession and beliefs. It is my opinion, it is a lifestyle. To say I am Christian to me would mean that I do not observe the Torah, because I refuse to go under the law. It would mean that I would celebrate holidays that I now know to have pagan roots. It would mean I believe that Jesus is the son of God (God Jr.) and not God in the flesh. This is where it gets confusing. Most Christians will say they believe Jesus is God in the flesh and they believe in one God, but will say they believe in heaven Jesus (who is God in the flesh) is sitting next to God. To me that says two gods. Not one. Therefore instead of agreeing with the teachings of the Trinity to say God is three separate gods in one, I choose to say Hear O Israel the Lord our God the Lord is one. Deut 6:4 In Benin Africa they have a three headed god named Trinity. Our God the God of Abraham the God of Issac and the God of Jacob will not share His glory or His name with any other God. He is not a trinitarian god He is One. In Hebrew Echad(one) To believe in more than one god is polytheism. I am a monotheist.
                I also do not believe in keeping a Sunday Sabbath God said the seventh day is the Sabbath, that is Saturday. The Sabbath is a feast day. Feat days are days where we have appointments with God. He tells all his people to meet Him on these days. I believe God is the King and when a King summons you, you come. I would love to share the knowledge of the Hebrew language and culture with you. How ever I am still in the process of learning to speak fluently. So I will help where I can

Comment

Mashlomeg??

I see that you have chosen the option :"Not a Christian" yet you do believe that Yeshua is Messiah, and that He died for your sins and rose from the dead.

With that option, you will be restricted to post only in certain areas on the board. Our definition of Christian is explained when you registered, and even tho you might not like this term, it will allow you to post on the whole board... your views seem Christian..... so for all practical reasons you might want to consider that
                  The LORD is my Miracle

G_d was gracious He has shown favor

Hope is a seed
                  God plants in our hearts
                  to remind us
                  there are better things ahead.
                  -Holley Gerth

Comment

Trust me I have been made aware of my limitations, but I will not conform to a title in which I do not believe describes me only to have more freedom on this forum. It seems amazing to me that by simply clicking a button it makes me accepted or gives me freedom, regardless of what I believe. Thanks for the advice but I choose to decline

Comment

Originally posted by mlaw31 View Post
                      Trust me I have been made aware of my limitations, but I will not conform to a title in which I do not believe describes me only to have more freedom on this forum. It seems amazing to me that by simply clicking a button it makes me accepted or gives me freedom, regardless of what I believe. Thanks for the advice but I choose to decline

Even clicking that option does not give folks the right to preach whatever they choose, the board still has it's guidelines and rules.

sigpic

Comment

I would still love to know what you believe.

Personally, I believe that when Jesus said "not one jot or tittle"... He meant it. Many Christians I know don't believe that... I just want you to know what you believe.

Comment

I must say I am glad hear you believe that. I believe that Jesus is God in the flesh. I believe He came and died as the ultimate sacrifice as an atonement for our sins. I believe He was raised three days later on the Sabbath, and His Spirit lives within us. I also believe we should still keep His commandments as given in the OT (Torah or Tanakh) I keep all biblical feast days as I believe they are appointments with God commanded by God, I also believe they are practice for things to come, and God will come again. I hope I answered your question if not I am sorry, but I would need you to be specific.

Comment

Hi there... I've just read your reply more thoroughly, and I think I actually agree with you. I believe that you may have misunderstood the nature of the Trinity, but then, so may I... This is a tricky area, and I don't think believers should argue over something that possibly none of us understand correctly.

I believe that Jesus was God in the flesh, that He "tabernacled" amongst us. The word used by John, commonly translated "dwelt" refers obviously to the Tabernacle... I believe that Jesus was the Temple of God, made by God, for Him to dwell in. If God will dwell in something made by human hands, how much more appropriate that He should reside in a body that He has specially created and sanctified as holy? And Jesus did say that the most important command was Hear oh Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one." So I also say the Shema. And I love Sabbath, because it is a time to spend with God. I also love Sunday, because that is when He rose. (First day of the week.)

Comment

We have many Messianich believers on this MB....

Did you know.... Judaism is younger than Christianity
                              The LORD is my Miracle

G_d was gracious He has shown favor

Hope is a seed
                              God plants in our hearts
                              to remind us
                              there are better things ahead.
                              -Holley Gerth

Comment

Working...
                              X