A year off, praying, reading Bible and thinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A year off, praying, reading Bible and thinking

I was saved back in the mid 90s but soon went back to my sinful ways. A year ago I dropped out of life and spend most of my time in this house.

I'm almost 62 years old, married 3 times and my fiance and I broke up a year ago. It was time for me to focus on God which is what I have been doing.

To make a long story short I am ready to go home. I am praying for God to take me out of this world. I've ask God to forgive me if it is wrong to ask Him to do this, but I sincerely do not want to participate in this world any longer. There is just nothing worldly I want. This world is all about one thing and that is money. As a controller for large companies it was constantly about profit. I quit my job a year ago. I just do not want to participate.

I've asked God in Jesus name to forgive me for following my will and not His which has led to relationship failures. I've ask God to show me a new direction. I've totally unconditionally surrendered to God. I thank God almost everyday for His Son dying for me on the cross for my sins and I know he now resides at God's right hand in His throne.

Now I'm running low on money, and will probably have to give up my pride and joy, my corvette.

Please join me and ask God to bring me home. I am ready. No it's not because He is taking my corvette is the reason I've given up. I just no longer want to participate in this world.

I have moved your thread here so you can have a more private conversation with one of our ministers......

God Bless,
    Mieke
    Glorious Day
    Living He loved me
    Dying He saved me
    Buried He carried my sins far away
    Risen He justified
    Freely forever
    One day He's coming
    Oh Glorious Day!

Casting Crowns

Comment

Hi Corvette,
      I'm not one of the ministers, per se. I'm sure one will be with you soon. But I just had to jump in here for a minute, because you sound exactly like I did about five years ago. Divorced, kids gone, bills paid, nothing that I wanted, no purpose in being on the planet, an abject disgust with people in general including the church.
      Like you, I asked God to just take me home. I was done. Didn't want to be here anymore.
      Like you, I said 'If there is something YOU want to do with me, then fine, otherwise just take me home.'
      He heard me, and gave me an option. He let me know that there was something He wanted to do with me, if I was truly willing.
      But the very thing He asked me to do, at the start, was a thing I absolutely did not want to do. And I did have the option, that or go home.
      I decided to go with it, even though I didn't want to. I did it just because He said do it.
      And I've been doing that very thing ever since. Just doing what He says to do.
      And I gotta tell you brother, it's been a wild ride ever since! Once I got done with ME, then HE could work through me, and did.
      Like you I got low on money, completely out of it, in fact. But when I was done depending on my own resources, then I had to depend on His. His work better.
      I am doing things I never dreamed I would ever do, and gone places I never thought I'd go. And He supplies everything I need to accomplish what He has set before me to do.
      And I'm glad I made that decision. I would have really missed out on some stuff!
      So, in other words, you are now in exactly the right place. And I can assure you He heard you. He'll see how serious you are. Probably giving up that 'vette is the test. But if you're really done with the world, that shouldn't be too hard to give up.
      Now I'll shut up and let a minister talk to you...... God bless..

Comment

Originally posted by Kahtar View Post
        Hi Corvette,
        I'm not one of the ministers, per se. I'm sure one will be with you soon. But I just had to jump in here for a minute, because you sound exactly like I did about five years ago. Divorced, kids gone, bills paid, nothing that I wanted, no purpose in being on the planet, an abject disgust with people in general including the church.
        Like you, I asked God to just take me home. I was done. Didn't want to be here anymore.
        Like you, I said 'If there is something YOU want to do with me, then fine, otherwise just take me home.'
        He heard me, and gave me an option. He let me know that there was something He wanted to do with me, if I was truly willing.
        But the very thing He asked me to do, at the start, was a thing I absolutely did not want to do. And I did have the option, that or go home.
        I decided to go with it, even though I didn't want to. I did it just because He said do it.
        And I've been doing that very thing ever since. Just doing what He says to do.
        And I gotta tell you brother, it's been a wild ride ever since! Once I got done with ME, then HE could work through me, and did.
        Like you I got low on money, completely out of it, in fact. But when I was done depending on my own resources, then I had to depend on His. His work better.
        I am doing things I never dreamed I would ever do, and gone places I never thought I'd go. And He supplies everything I need to accomplish what He has set before me to do.
        And I'm glad I made that decision. I would have really missed out on some stuff!
        So, in other words, you are now in exactly the right place. And I can assure you He heard you. He'll see how serious you are. Probably giving up that 'vette is the test. But if you're really done with the world, that shouldn't be too hard to give up.
        Now I'll shut up and let a minister talk to you...... God bless..
        I'm happy for you sir. God has heard me. I've prayed over and over for Him to place His desire for a new direction in my life. If I can not do his will and direction in this world, why can't I just go home?

Comment

Originally posted by Corvette2000 View Post
          I'm happy for you sir. God has heard me. I've prayed over and over for Him to place His desire for a new direction in my life. If I can not do his will and direction in this world, why can't I just go home?
          Well brother, I can't answer for God. I can only tell you what I did and what He did with me.
          My first step of course was hearing Him. I was dead serious about it, and frankly expected Him to take me out fairly quickly. The second step was to go and do whatever He said to do, once I clearly understood it. It was a day by day thing. I didn't concern myself with suddenly acquiring a big ministry and becoming an overnight success in the Christian realm.
          Instead, I just wanted to know what He wanted me to do today. He didn't, and doesn't, speak to me every day. But when He does, I go do it. Sometimes that means doing things I don't want to do, or things I myself cannot do without His miraculous provision, sometimes it's as simple as taking a little time with my wife just to show her I love her. Sometimes He doesn't give me direction, simply because He already has and expects me to just keep doing the last thing He told me to do. And then sometimes (I dislike this part the most), He sets me aside for a while and has me do nothing.
          He will not give you some overwhelming task to start with. It'll be a simple thing. And when you are faithful with that, He'll give you another thing to do. And He will bless your socks off for your obedience. Keep doing that, and pretty soon you'll find yourself doing amazing things. But you'll know it's not really you doing them, but Him doing them through you.
          He really wants for us to place ALL our trust in Him for everything, to trust in His wisdom instead of our own, and His abilities instead of our own.
          If you are really done here, then set YOU completely aside and commit yourself to doing what He wants. Tell Him so. Keep telling Him so.

Or, you can sit and wait for Him to give you a heart attack or something.

Comment

Thank you for your kind advice. If God has something for me to do, I will do it. I've have congestive heart failure for over five years. My daughter is married to a great guy in Florida with a 3 year old daughter. My mother, dad and brother are in heaven. I'm here in Las Vegas. Every morning before the sun rises I awake and say a prayer, then go back to sleep till six. I still smoke and have a drink. I have no health insurance and am streaching my coreg to every other day. I just feel that He should bring me home, but He will do His will, not mine.

Comment

Yes, He will. And maybe it is about your time. But until you're sucking in your last breath, be listening. You may yet do your greatest work. He's done that kind of thing before. Your influence on those around you mean a whole bunch more than most of us realize, even, and perhaps especially, in your last hours. There's another Mod on here that can testify to that.
              I hope I've not been too blunt with you. I do that sometimes. I'll pray for you brother, because I'm frankly convinced He does have something for you. Something that will probably surprise you.

Comment

Yes, He will. And maybe it is about your time. But until you're sucking in your last breath, be listening. You may yet do your greatest work. He's done that kind of thing before. Your influence on those around you mean a whole bunch more than most of us realize, even, and perhaps especially, in your last hours. There's another Mod on here that can testify to that.
                I hope I've not been too blunt with you. I do that sometimes. I'll pray for you brother, because I'm frankly convinced He does have something for you. Something that will probably surprise you.
                Kahtar, you can be as blunt as you want to be with me. Thank you for your prayers. I have been as honest as I can be on this thread. I want no pitty now and I into a pity party. No emotions, I just feel as if I am done in this world and sincerely want to go home. If the Lord has other plans for me I will follow those plans. I've waited over a year and now what am I suppose to do?

Comment

Well sir, in your boots, I'd make sure my relationship with Him is what it should be, repent if I need to, forgive all those who have wronged me in some way, and tomorrow morning I'd say, 'Here I am Lord, show me what YOU want to do with me today.' If He doesn't show you anything, ask again the next day. And in the mean time, read His Word, spend time praising Him and thanking Him for all He has done in your life already.
                  But, the people you come in contact with tomorrow may be your 'divine appointment', so pay attention, and do whatever the Spirit places in your heart to do, or say. Sometimes, even just a kind smile or word for a stressed out waitress can have profound impact.
                  Just always be looking and listening. He'll give you things to do.

Comment

Well sir, in your boots, I'd make sure my relationship with Him is what it should be, repent if I need to, forgive all those who have wronged me in some way, and tomorrow morning I'd say, 'Here I am Lord, show me what YOU want to do with me today.' If He doesn't show you anything, ask again the next day. And in the mean time, read His Word, spend time praising Him and thanking Him for all He has done in your life already.
                    But, the people you come in contact with tomorrow may be your 'divine appointment', so pay attention, and do whatever the Spirit places in your heart to do, or say. Sometimes, even just a kind smile or word for a stressed out waitress can have profound impact.
                    Just always be looking and listening. He'll give you things to do.
                    Yes sir; I come into contact with very few people, but tomorrow I will place myself into a situation in which I will come into contact with people. Like go to Walmart

Comment

Originally posted by Corvette2000 View Post
                      Yes sir; I come into contact with very few people, but tomorrow I will place myself into a situation in which I will come into contact with people. Like go to Walmart
                      Yep. That'll do it. There's alot to be said for 'positioning' yourself, where you can be used. I'd say go for it. And, let me know how it goes, okay?

Comment

Yep. That'll do it. There's alot to be said for 'positioning' yourself, where you can be used. I'd say go for it. And, let me know how it goes, okay?
                        ok will do. says I need to do fifteen characters..

Comment

Good! It's hard to have divine appointments sitting at home.

I heard of a pastor once who really felt called to do a tent revival in a certain place, so he packed up the tent, and went and set up, posting advertizements around. He planned to do a five night revival.
                          Each night he'd go to the tent, ready to give his sermon, and no one showed up.
                          Feeling frustrated, he wanted to just pack it in, yet the Lord wouldn't let him. So, speaking to a tent full of empty chairs, he gave his sermon anyway, each night. No one ever showed up.
                          When it was all done, he packed up and returned home, feeling low.
                          Years later he met a young pastor who walked up and introduced himself. He asked the elder preacher if he remembered the revival he preached years earlier in that place, and of course the preacher did.
                          Then the young preacher told him his story. Seems he was just a boy at that time, and too embarrassed to enter the tent, but every night, for all five nights, he sat outside the tent, out of sight, and listened to the sermon, gave his life to the Lord and became a successful pastor, leading many people to the Lord.
                          I tell you this story just to remind you that things are not always what they seem, and we don't always know what things take place when we are obedient, but God knows what he's doing.
                          You may be the very one to lead the next Billy Graham to the Lord.
                          Go out there expecting God to do something.........

Comment

How you doing today Vette?

Visit our new website
                            ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

A.W. Tozer said,
                            "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

Doing fine. Was just re reading my conversation with Kahtar.

Comment

Working...
                              X