The Seven Heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vinsight4u8 View Post
    The wrath of God is not announced to begin till the 7th trumpet - which will then later be followed by the seven vials full of the wrath of God on Babylon and those that followed her wicked ways.

The first part of the trumpets are against the land of Israel.
    punishments that come less than in full
    a time of correction
    then God will have mercy later on Israel and show His face at the 6th seal time

The vials of God's wrath will soon follow for 45 days!
    on Babylon's crowd
    Gods wrath is poured out on both the earth and upon mankind from the first trumpet and continues until the seventh trumpet when Christ returns.

Rev 7:1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.
    Rev 7:2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,
    Rev 7:3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

Rev 8:2 And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets.

Rev 8:7 The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.

Rev 9:4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

This is Gods wrath, including the other trumpets.

Comment

Trumpets? The seven heads are now the seven trumpets? I'm not following. What do the trumpets have to do with identity of the seven heads?

Comment

Originally posted by Kahtar View Post
        Trumpets? The seven heads are now the seven trumpets? I'm not following. What do the trumpets have to do with identity of the seven heads?
        It began from the following statement concerning Babylon.

Originally Posted by vinsight4u8
        Psalm 79 shows that Israel then requested that God punish Babylon sevenfold.

It was then asked if this had already happened.

So then when did God pour out his wrath by the trumpets and vials on babylon? which would also mean that the end has already passed.

Comment

Rev 17 is key

Originally posted by Stefen View Post
          Hello, I would be very grateful for you to tell me more about your understanding of Rev 17. I don't believe Rome is the 8th either.
          Stefen,

To expand on Rev 17, I have to go to Daniel 2. In Dan 2 there is a general frame given for the progress of nations. We are in the days of the 10 toes. Our world, the world of 'united nations', (led by the US), is partly strong and partly weak. It is the 7th head.

But this 'world order' will change soon. And out of the re-ordering, Anti-Christ will rise in Israel. He is the head of the 8th kingdom. The 8th is reborn Israel, its 'deadly wound' of 70 AD is 'healed' through the UN as of 1948.

To begin to receive this you must understand I speak of the 'leadership' in Israel, and not all the people.

This present Jewish State is NOT a fulfillment of the prophets regarding the In-Gathering. This happens only at Messiah's return.

Christians must get their minds off 'National Israel'. God is concerned with the 'remnant'. And we are, as Cyrus, to restore them to God. This is the true 'aliyah'.

2witnesses

Comment

Rev. 13 is a story about seven kings that have died before the ten horns rise to power. Not a single one of the heads is shown to wear a crown or have a kingdom then. The story takes us to the time of when one of the dead named heads returns out of the earth to regain his kingdom area again; the false prophet will be his helper as the second beast to come up out of the earth.

Why are the heads shown with names?
            Because they ruled in the past, died, and were named for their sin - blasphemy.
            Example:
            Nebuchadnezzar II at the holy site where the name of God is located forever.
            http://prophecyinsights.com

Comment

My Take...

vv. 9 - seven heads are seven mountains (hills). Rome is a city founded on seven hills. The anti-christ will be based in Europe with Italy being his center of power. For a season, the harlot will have control over the beast. Sitting on his head.

vv.10, 11 - There are also seven kings. Five have fallen, one is, and the other has not yet come. And when he comes, he must continue a short time. Nero was the sixth Caesar of Rome. The first five were Julius Caesar, Augustus, Tiberius, Caligula, Claudius. There will be a seventh person, who will rule the world for a short season and the Beast will be the eighth and will probably be the son of the 7th. The seventh will most probably be a leader of the European Union.

vv.12, 13 - is probably indicative of the ten founders of the European Union - Belgium, Ireland, Denmark, France, Luxemburg, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom, Italy. For one hour they will be kings and will abdicate their authority to the Beast. Read vv. 17.
              sigpicLife! Just Live It!
              http://www.lifeblog.co.nr/

Comment

Originally posted by ravi4u2 View Post
                vv. 9 - seven heads are seven mountains (hills). Rome is a city founded on seven hills. The anti-christ will be based in Europe with Italy being his center of power. For a season, the harlot will have control over the beast. Sitting on his head.

vv.10, 11 - There are also seven kings. Five have fallen, one is, and the other has not yet come. And when he comes, he must continue a short time. Nero was the sixth Caesar of Rome. The first five were Julius Caesar, Augustus, Tiberius, Caligula, Claudius. There will be a seventh person, who will rule the world for a short season and the Beast will be the eighth and will probably be the son of the 7th. The seventh will most probably be a leader of the European Union.

vv.12, 13 - is probably indicative of the ten founders of the European Union - Belgium, Ireland, Denmark, France, Luxemburg, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom, Italy. For one hour they will be kings and will abdicate their authority to the Beast. Read vv. 17.
                The seven mountains are seven hills? I disagree. I believe there is no reason at all to take the word "mountains" literally. Why? Because we see in Revelation 17 that the woman sits on "many waters"(Rev 17:1). But it's not speaking of literal water. The many waters are symbolic for "peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.". The woman not only sits upon many waters but also upon seven mountains. Since the many waters is not speaking of literal waters, why would the mountains be literal? We actually get a very strong hint at what the mountains represent in Rev 17:10 because it says there are seven kings. This tells me that the mountains represent kingdoms. Since the woman sits upon or rules over "peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues" and "the kings of the earth" (Rev 17:15), then they must be world kingdoms. Because of that, I disagree that the seven kings, or at least the first six as you are claiming, are all Roman kings.

Comment

Originally posted by John146 View Post
                  The seven mountains are seven hills? I disagree. I believe there is no reason at all to take the word "mountains" literally. Why? Because we see in Revelation 17 that the woman sits on "many waters"(Rev 17:1). But it's not speaking of literal water. The many waters are symbolic for "peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.". The woman not only sits upon many waters but also upon seven mountains. Since the many waters is not speaking of literal waters, why would the mountains be literal? We actually get a very strong hint at what the mountains represent in Rev 17:10 because it says there are seven kings. This tells me that the mountains represent kingdoms. Since the woman sits upon or rules over "peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues" and "the kings of the earth" (Rev 17:15), then they must be world kingdoms. Because of that, I disagree that the seven kings, or at least the first six as you are claiming, are all Roman kings.
                  You are entitled to your opinion. We don't have to interpret vv. 1 as the interpretation is given in vv. 8, "And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth" john knew the 5 who has fallen. His audience knew who he was indicating. Hence, the five Roman emperors. The greek word for mountain used there is 'oros', which can be used for hills as well.

Comment

We can all speculate on the seven heads, but with regards to the following scripture, if we do not yet know the beast, how can we therefore know the details except for the things that we know the beast shall do?

2 Thess 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

The beast shall not be destroyed until Christ returns.

Rev 19:19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
                    Rev 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Comment

Originally posted by Kahtar View Post
                      Cyber, can you list those 10 kingdoms you're talking about? I'd like to look into that a bit.

Sorry it took me so long.

The 10 kingdoms listed here: (see post #20)

Understanding the true nature of these 10 'horns' can clear up a lot of confusion about the overall '7 heads' prophecy.
                      "Your name and renown
                      is the desire of our hearts."
                      (Isaiah 26:8)

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberseeker View Post
                        Sorry it took me so long.

The 10 kingdoms listed here: (see post #20)

Understanding the true nature of these 10 'horns' can clear up a lot of confusion about the overall '7 heads' prophecy.
                        Since you have listed the ten kingdoms, you must therefore know who the beast is and must also know, as it is written that he only has reign over the saints for 42 months/three and half years, and then the second beast comes,ect.

If those kingdoms no longer stand and Christ has not yet returned to destroy the kingdom of the beast and the false prophet, then we may need to look to the future for those things that agree with that which is written which must be fulfilled.

Comment

You are entitled to your opinion. We don't have to interpret vv. 1 as the interpretation is given in vv. 8, "And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth" john knew the 5 who has fallen. His audience knew who he was indicating. Hence, the five Roman emperors.
                          Why couldn't his audience know about the five fallen world empires? Anyway, you are entitled to your opinion as well, of course.

The greek word for mountain used there is 'oros', which can be used for hills as well.
                          I didn't mean to imply that the word couldn't be interpreted as "hills". I was just saying that it does not have to be interpreted as literal physical mountains or hills (or whatever you want to call 'oros' in English).

Comment

Hills

Originally posted by John146 View Post
                            I didn't mean to imply that the word couldn't be interpreted as "hills". I was just saying that it does not have to be interpreted as literal physical mountains or hills (or whatever you want to call 'oros' in English).
                            It has to be literal hills as in vv. 9, the Angel was interpreting the meaning of the seven heads and say that they are the seven hills. The Angel would not interpret a symbol by giving another symbolic interpretation.

Comment

It has to be literal hills as in vv. 9, the Angel was interpreting the meaning of the seven heads and say that they are the seven hills. The Angel would not interpret a symbol by giving another symbolic interpretation.
                              The angel identified them as mountains, not hills. Mountains are often used in propheciy to describe kingdoms.
                              Why wouldn't the angel interpret a symbol using another symbol? Who established that rule?

Comment

You guys are barking up the wrong tree......

To understand what the 7 heads represent when need to understand that Satan will usher in a final kingdom upon the earth to likened unto the kingdom of God. He claims to be God thus would not his city and government be likened unto the same?

So what does the "seven" in God's kingdom represent? 7 churches which have 7 angels over them. Likewise the 7 heads and 7 mountains represent the same in Satan's kingdom.

Look at all the other parrallels..... beasts, horns, the description of the city, wounded head ect......

Is this making sense to anyone out there?

Mark.

Comment

Working...
                                X