Please HELP!!! Witnessing to a Wiccan at Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please HELP!!! Witnessing to a Wiccan at Work

My name is Christopher and I live on Long Island. I came to faith this past October. The Lord has done ALOT in my life since then. I live at home and am currently working towards my bachelor's in psychology. I work evenings in a cafe in a small suburban village.

One of our customers, Mark, comes in regularly each Monday. Two weeks ago I asked a friend about him. They told me that he taught a class on "Angelic Hierarchy". The following Monday I started a conversation with him in which he volunteered this information. I asked him to expand on this and he directed me to a website. He also said "Yup, Angels aren't just for Christians any more! I thought I would point that out." It was at this point that I knew something was up. He told me that his classes were taught at "The Silver Broom" which affirmed my suspicions.

The next Monday (earlier this evening) he came to the cafe again. He told me that he needed to get some espresso before his class. Again he told me about the website saying "I think you'll be interested". This time he affirmed that he does in fact practice Wicca. *Again he volunteered all information* He also told me that tonight was to be the first of a 13 week program on witchcraft. He also mentioned that he would be returning to the store before every class. A quick look at the website (I didn't want to see anymore than the first page) showed me his picture and the title "Rev. Mark" underneath.

He seems very personable and friendly. He, also, seems very respectful. I was wondering if anyone has any advice as to how I could plant a seed over these next twelve weeks?

I want to ask questions such as "Do you believe in God?" or "Where do you believe that this 'power' comes from?" but to be honest, each time I have mentioned God (specifically Christ) to a Wiccan they have not reacted well at all. I realize that this may in fact be the fulfillment of "The devil and his demons tremble at His Name" Maybe I could ask "From where do you derive your authority to teach of The Angels?" I'm not really worried about his immediate ANSWERS to these questions, but rather that he ponders them himself, later.

I work every Monday Evening. His classes are Monday Nights. He drinks espresso before each class. Our shops are three doors away from each other.

Please pray for Mark. Please pray for me. Please leave some advice. Please watch this thread for any developments.

thank you

May The Lord bless you!

Christopher

Hi Chris,
    This is a very tough trial indeed! You may want to start off with something non-intimidating, like "How did you get started teaching this class?" That question is general, and you will get the conversation started, but you may not like the answers, so just pray, and alot of patience...........pray before your conversations, God will reveal to you the words, and be patient; one thing I have learned as a Christian is we get so fired up for the Lord that sometimes we feel an urgency that always makes the wrong thing come from our lips..........I will also pray for you, and him.............God Bless

Comment

I agree with angelus5370. Pray that the holy Spirit gives you the words to say as you talk with this man. Pray for him. I will be praying for you both.
      Romans 15:30 KJV 30Now I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the love of the Spirit, that ye strive together with me in your prayers to God for me;

Comment

Then again:
        Mt 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Comment

I think the angle you mentioned is worth considering. As a believer you know that there are holy and unholy angels. Your Wiccan friend does not make this distinction. Power is what attracts him. What he needs to know is that the serpent he is playing with will eventually bite him. And since you know that God brings consequences upon those who reject His word, you might leave him with the question of whether or not he is prepared for that? And I would be as matter of fact about it as possible.
          Robin

Truth is so obscure in these times and falsehood so established that, unless one loves the truth, he cannot know it. - Blaise Pascal
          And Jesus saith unto him [Thomas], I am the way the truth and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. - John 14:6
          Discernment is not needed in things that differ, but in things that appear to be the same. - Miles Sanford
          Those who compromise with Christís enemies may be reckoned with them. - C.H. Spurgeon

Comment

I have relatives who are Wiccans as well. I took a Bible course and we had to interview someone of a different faith and I chose them. You are correct..they do not even like to hear about God or the mention of Jesus Christ name...which only confirms to me how important that name is.
            I think I still have the interview, if I do..I'll share some of it if I see it will be helpful.
            .................The message of the cross divides the human race." ~MW~

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
            .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

Comment

christopher,

god has placed you in the path of this young man for a reason. pray, my friend. ask god to supernaturally show you what to say. and whatever you sense in you about this lost one, say it. and trust god.

we are sowers, not soulwinners.

pray that god prepares the heart of this young man.

compel the holy spirit to stir that "measure of faith" locked away in his heart.

by the authority given you by jesus, order that no demon force from hell will be able to prevent this young man from hearing, receiving, and believing the seed of the gospel.("one plants")

he may look at you in an odd manner, he may get mad, he may roll his eyes, but do not let that discourage you.

after he leaves, pray that god somehow confirms what you have told him. ("some water")

and again order the demonic to stay away from the seed you planted.

then all you can do is continue to believe and trust god. ("god brings the increase")

that he will finish the work that you started.

---darren

Comment

I know that I have been placed there for a reason. I was transferred out of my old location (full of Christians, it's where I met the people that God put in MY life to help lead me to salvation) to this new cafe where I am (quite literally) seperated from the rest of my coworkers, within weeks of giving my life to Christ. Since then I have been approached by half a dozen people, curious about God. There is also no coincidence in the fact that we BOTH will be there EVERY Monday evening.

Should I just outright say it next time he enters the building?

I mean... it seems that if I do he will just turn and walk away, perhaps laughing about it at his class later on that evening. Would that do any good to plant a seed?

For some reason I feel uneasy about doing this. I know that followers were given powers to cast out demons. Is it really as plain as ordering then to leave? Weren't there some that "only come out by prayer and fasting"? I know that I have ALWAYS envisioned how cool it would be to be able to command demons out in the name of The Lord. I always figured that I shouldn't look into it though, because I feared that I would get too prideful. Could this be satan attempting to bolster my pride by letting me do this? No, it probably couldn't be... right? Just as Christ said... "A house divided against itself will not stant. Satan will not cast out Satan." Or am I quoting that out of context?

I feel that it would be more effective to plant the seed of fear of the Lord in his heart. After all, that's where knowledge begins isn't it?

Could I get some more opinions on this? Thank you all, I eagerly await your responses.

grace and peace

Christopher

Comment

I just sent an IM to Mary in England. She will be along soon after she sits back down to her computer. She was a Wiccan until just recently and is now preparing to go on the field and translate the Bible. She will be your most valuable resource.

Comment

Originally posted by th1bill View Post
                    I just sent an IM to Mary in England. She will be along soon after she sits back down to her computer. She was a Wiccan until just recently and is now preparing to go on the field and translate the Bible. She will be your most valuable resource.
                    Thank you. It is really on my heart to pray for this man. This is such an blaring signal from The Lord. I will check this forum frequently, however I will be at bible study this evening for a couple of hours.

Mary please contact me. I will post my information where it is appropriate if someone would be able to tell me.

Thanks everyone, I'm going to ask my friends at bible study to prayer for him too.

Prayer Works

Christopher

Comment

I just sent an IM to Mary in England. She will be along soon after she sits back down to her computer. She was a Wiccan until just recently and is now preparing to go on the field and translate the Bible. She will be your most valuable resource. I have also sent her an email.

Comment

There is a woman on here whose user name is "daughter." You can go to the member list and look her up- she is ex-wiccan. It may be the same woman th1bill is talking about.

I have never found anyone, however religious and devout who did not sometimes experience withdrawal of grace, or feel a lessening of devotion. -Thomas a Kempis

If You Need Help, Ask God. If You Don't, Thank God. -Unknown

The devil is a better theologian than any of us and is a devil still. -A.W. Tozer

Comment

Originally posted by Beloved by God View Post
                          There is a woman on here whose user name is "daughter." You can go to the member list and look her up- she is ex-wiccan. It may be the same woman th1bill is talking about.
                          Yes, Mary is her first name.

Comment

I will contact her. Thank you. I have brough this before a few friends and they will be praying for him as well. Please pray that The Spirit will speak to this man. I will keep you updated.

Thank you all, God bless each of you!

Christopher

Comment

Good luck with your endeavor. I personally think that work is not a good place to witness to anyone. Perhaps you could befriend this person and possibly witness to him on your own time? I have seen a lot of people get fired for talking about their beliefs at work. I asked my pastor what he thought of this and he said that we are to walk the walk when we are at places like work. If you do that people will see a light in you and they will be curious to find out how it got there, but it is not appropriate to discuss it at work. You are being paid to do a job, not preach your beliefs. Just my honest opinion. I do not love God any less than anyone who does preach at work, but there is a time and place for everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X