Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Battlefield of the Mind", have you read it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello?

Originally posted by menJesus View Post
    Have you read this? Which parts do you disagree with?
    Again, have you read this book?
    Romans 15:30 KJV 30Now I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the love of the Spirit, that ye strive together with me in your prayers to God for me;

Comment

Originally posted by wiseoldowl View Post
      A friend recently recommended Joyce Meyer's book on the Battlefield of the Mind which I haven't read yet. Have you read it? What do you think?

w.o.o.
      I haven't ever read that book.Is it good?

Comment

Originally posted by St_Michael View Post
        Word-Faith Movement
        Also known as "Name-in-Claim-it," "Health and Wealth Gospel," "Positive Confession," "Word of Faith," etc.

Word-Faith teachers owe their ancestry to groups like Christian Science, Swedenborgianism, Theosophy, Science of Mind, and New Thought--not to classical Pentecostalism. It reveals that at their very core, Word-Faith teachings are corrupt. Their undeniable derivation is cultish, not Christian. The sad truth is that the gospel proclaimed by the Word-Faith movement is not the gospel of the New Testament. Word-Faith doctrine is a mongrel system, a blend of mysticism, dualism, and gnosticism that borrows generously from the teachings of the metaphysical cults. The Word-Faith movement may be the most dangerous false system that has grown out of the charismatic movement so far, because so many charismatics are unsure of the finality of Scripture
        John MacArthur, Charismatic Chaos, p. 290

There are many perculiar ideas and practices in the Faith theology, but what merits it the label of heresy are the following: 1) its deistic view of God, who must dance to men's attempts to manipulate the spiritual laws of the universe; 2) its demonic view of Christ, who was filled with "the Satanic nature" and must be "born again in hell; 3) its gnostic view of revelation, which demands denial of the physical senses and classifies Christians by their willingness to do so; and 4) its metaphysical view of salvation, which deifies man and spiritualizes the atonement, locating it in hell rather than on the cross, thereby subverting the crucial biblical belief that it is Christ's physical death and shed blood, which alone atone for sin. All four of these heresies may be accounted for by Kenyon's syncretism of methaphysical thought with traditional biblical doctrine"
        D.R. McConnell, A Different Gospel

ROFL! For the life of me, I do not understand why people think we have NO discernment whatsoever! Its a book - its not written in stone. Pick the thing up, start reading, if it agrees with you, fine - if not, put it down and go on your way... get a different book!

It is chock-full of Scripture - but then most of her books are...

This quote above me - sounds like someone has a lot of hate, here... sad to see.

And personally, I do not care a whit for doctrine - anything that pertains to the relationship between a man and his God is good enough for me.

One doesn`t even need to buy it. Most libraries carry them.
        Last edited by menJesus; Feb 2nd 2008, 02:14 AM. Reason: add
        Romans 15:30 KJV 30Now I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the love of the Spirit, that ye strive together with me in your prayers to God for me;

Comment

Yeah St_Michael, you haven't answered menJesus question and we would like to know if you've read the book?

Comment

Pretty much Meyer's take on the whole thing.. read response #5.. dangerous stuff.

Response #5 pretty much says it all. See my link above for additional information.
            It seems like #5 says what YOU think about it.

But people need to do it right - not listen to you and me and what writers on websites say - its best to go to the source - the horses` mouth, if you will.

Anybody alive can form their own opinion of what they read. Let the reader decide.

Comment

ROFL! For the life of me, I do not understand why people think we have NO discernment whatsoever! Its a book - its not written in stone. Pick the thing up, start reading, if it agrees with you, fine - if not, put it down and go on your way... get a different book!

This quote above me - sounds like someone has a lot of hate, here... sad to see.

And personally, I do not care a whit for doctrine - anything that pertains to the relationship between a man and his God is good enough for me.
              I feel the same way menJesus..Like I said before, I read the book in 4 days, couldn't put it down. If a person read it, and followed along in the Bible with the scripture that she put in the book, it could be very helpful to people, if they would let it, along with God's help of course! All you ask St_Michael is if he/she read the book! I would be satisfied with a yes or no, wouldn't you?

Comment

Originally posted by skc53 View Post
                ..... snip.... She taught on some of the things in the book Battlefield of the Mind, like your mindsets etc. How to overcome negative thinking and not let the devil take over your mind. What's so bad about teaching people things like this? If it helps you to drive the devil away and get your mind on God and acting the way a Christian should act and think, I don't understand what you don't like about this and especially quoting scriptures from the Bible all through her sermons?
                By no means do I think her an evil or bad person. I believe she is teaching what she thinks is right and true. That unfortunately does not make it right or true.

She does a good job helping people "in the now" good solid advice and straight talk. She would be a great therapist.

It is not that I dislike her at all. The problem I have is her connection to the Word of Faith movement. It is basically new age, gnostic mysticism, metaphysical mind control etc etc etc.

Name it claim it, Prosperity, Health and Wealth, Positive confession, Speaking creative words of power etc etc etc.... some of that even delves into the occult.

Now, I am not here to argue. If you are blessed by her then be blessed. I simply wanted to offer a mild warning (be careful folks) because you are starting to get into Christian Science and New Thought concepts. I have seen it destroy people.

Some (NOT ALL) of the scriptural basis she uses to make her points is twisted and presented in a way that you really have to be on guard to catch.

I guess in the end I am trying to say... be careful. This brand of Christianity has already led too many astray.

Rhetorical question: Why does she need so much material wealth? She isn't rich... she's wealthy. Why the $10 million jet, the houses, etc etc etc...?

Go ahead be blessed, but be careful. Wolves come in sheeps clothing and false prophets preaching false gospels are all around us. We need to emulate Jesus Christ and serve our fellow man. It is about worship not what we can get from God.

I could say a lot more, but I just stop here.

~St. M

Comment

Originally posted by skc53 View Post
                  Yeah St_Michael, you haven't answered menJesus question and we would like to know if you've read the book?

Yes I did answer the question.. read please.

Comment

One doesn`t even need to buy it. Most libraries carry them.
                    Hate? No way! It is our duty as Christians to call out false doctrine. Go ahead and believe what you wish, but be warned.

I'll post one more resource link.

Atonement and the Word-Faith Movement Article from Watchman Fellowship
                    Atonement Where? A Biblical analysis and refutation of the disturbing claims put forward by the Faith Movement, which include the inefficiency of Christ's blood, alone, to atone for the sins of man; the need for Christ's spiritual death, and that the redemption of mankind was completed in hell. By Moreno Dal Bello
                    An Examination of the Word-Faith Movement A good overview.
                    Faith in Faith or Faith in God? by Hank Hanegraaff, president of CRI
                    The 'Faith' Movement May Be Prospering, But Is It Healthy? By Stuart StJohn.

and one more....

Comment

My Word-of-Faith Testimony by Tricia Tillin
                      Pentecost or Plotinus? A discussion of the origins of word-faith teaching being Plotinus not the Pentecostal movement. By Oliver Hammond.
                      Positive Confession Article from Watchman Fellowship
                      Profile of the Word-Faith Movement by Watchman Fellowship
                      Ten Reasons To Reject Word of Faith Teachings By Tricia Tillin
                      What's Wrong With The Faith Movement? and part two By Hank Hanegraaff.

Comment

St. Michael, she backs up what she says with Scripture - the unwavering, infallible Word of the Living God - how can she be wrong in that?

And for the wealth - she has written over 50 books...if it were Stephen King or Ann Rule, no one would bat their eyes at the money or the planes or the mansions - why a woman of God?

Did you ever go read her website? or her financial statement? you should - the church funds do not support her... go find out - you may be surprised at what you find out.

Now the Bible says we shall know them by their fruits - if she has led 1,000,000 people into a positive relationship with God by her books, I would call that fruit - an orchard!

I do thank you for the warning - I know that you believe you are right - but truth has three sides - find out all three before you speak against someone in her position...
                        Last edited by menJesus; Feb 2nd 2008, 02:28 AM. Reason: sp

Comment

Originally posted by Zorgblar View Post
                          I haven't ever read that book.Is it good?

Yes it is a good book Zorgblar! I have the book and the study guide that goes along with it.

Comment

QR: I am not here to argue. Her take on scripture is twisted in the presentation. Study it.

Do what you want, but you have been made aware of the facts.

~Godbless

I'm outta here.

Comment

I have read about 20 of her books - all from the library. I would get 5-10 at a time, read them over and over. I disagreed with a couple of points. But, if ten men tell you the "truth" about God or something in the Bible, then you have 10 different versions - all "true"!

God has given her wisdom, for sure, regarding what she writes of. I`d imagine she helps many people, in many ways. And I was one of them.

Comment

QR: I am not here to argue. Her take on scripture is twisted in the presentation. Study it.

Do what you want, but you have been made aware of the facts.

~Godbless

I'm outta here.
                                I am not arguing, Michael. I am telling you that there is more than you know... please, find out the whole truth for yourself.

Comment

Working...
                                X