Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sacrafice as Worship

Originally posted by Fenris View Post
    That's great. Then we don't need sacrifice, now do we?
    I believe you know that sacrifice as part of worship doesn't have anything to do with sin. IOW sacrifice isn't an exchange for sin, nor does it blot out sin. Sin is to be repented of. Sacrifice is part of worship. The whole of scripture exemplifies this concept. From Adam onward.

You as a Jew should know this by your "high priest" example and ceremonial mactation. Worship is sacrifice.

Originally posted by Teke View Post
    Worship is sacrifice.
    So the only way to worship is sacrifice?

Comment

'Sacrifice as worship' doesn't fit the new thread either.
      OK, then TBR can make a new thread for me and put these posts in it, and I will answer for my statement.

Comment

Ta da! Continue on.
        Seek ye FIRST the kingdom.
        Not second or third, but first.
        Only when all else pales to God, when He receives all glory,
        when He is the source of all hope,
        when His love is received and freely given,
        holding not to the world but to the promise to come,
        will all other things be added unto to you.

Comment

TBR, you're the best!

Comment

So the only way to worship is sacrifice?
            No, but another worship is not that of a priest.

You have exemplified in many threads here how the Jews or Israel are to be a priesthood for God. Christians are also a priesthood for God BTW. This is known as "sacerdotalism" (The belief that priests act as mediators between God and humans).

A simple way of putting it is, a priest of God does what he does for God and God's people. This is how sacrifice is part of worship.

One who only does for themselves is not necessarily a priest of God, but is able to worship God nonetheless. The difference is that this person isn't offering any sacrifice, as a priest does, for the people.

1Pe 5:2 Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight [thereof], not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;

1Pe 5:3 Neither as being lords over [God's] heritage, but being ensamples to the flock.

1Pe 5:4 And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.

Here are some OT verses for you.

Eze 34:2 Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel, prophesy, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD unto the shepherds; Woe [be] to the shepherds of Israel that do feed themselves! should not the shepherds feed the flocks?

Eze 34:3 Ye eat the fat, and ye clothe you with the wool, ye kill them that are fed: [but] ye feed not the flock.

Eze 34:4 The diseased have ye not strengthened, neither have ye healed that which was sick, neither have ye bound up [that which was] broken, neither have ye brought again that which was driven away, neither have ye sought that which was lost; but with force and with cruelty have ye ruled them.

This is why priests or shepherds are not to be nationalists. They are to serve God and His people only, not the purposes of human rulers.

Comment

Fenris, Shalom!!

Sacrifice is but one aspect of worship
              The LORD is my Miracle

G_d was gracious He has shown favor

Hope is a seed
              God plants in our hearts
              to remind us
              there are better things ahead.
              -Holley Gerth

Comment

OK Teke, I don't see much there to disagree with.

Comment

OK Teke, I don't see much there to disagree with.
                  I didn't think you would once it was in the right perspective.

Comment

I hope you do not mind me jumping in on this thread,,, if it not be applicable, them we can split this thread off in a new one

I got thinking about sacrifice as worship.... the Name of G_d given as "Yahweh-Jireh" comes from when Abraham had to go offer Isaac,,,, he says to the two men that were traveling with them... ,Gen.22:5 "Stay here with the donkey. The boy and I will go yonder. We will worship, and come back to you."

Abraham went to bring an offering to G_d.... and now he says they are going to worship....... thus to bring an offering (sacrifice) is worship....

This is just for interest sakes...

Thus whatever we in life experiences (for lack of a better word) as sacrifice, G_d sees (accepts) as worship
                    The LORD is my Miracle

G_d was gracious He has shown favor

Hope is a seed
                    God plants in our hearts
                    to remind us
                    there are better things ahead.
                    -Holley Gerth

Comment

Thanks for the additional comment ACCM.
                      Our English words "sacrifice" or "offering" do not fully convey the meaning of the Hebrew word "korban", which means to 'come close' or 'draw near'.
                      This is why I can say that 'sacrifice' is worship also.

Comment

Working...
                      X