I have a question for everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a question for everyone

If you was in heaven and you saw one of your childern suffering in hell and you asked God if they could come to heaven and he said yes but only if you CHANGED PLACES with them would you do it?I don't have any childern yet but i think that i WOULD NOT change places with my child if this was happening to me.

What does this tell you and why?

Luk 14:26 "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother, and wife and children, and brothers and sisters, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple.
    In Christ,

-- Rev

“To preserve the government we must also preserve morals. Morality rests on religion; if you destroy the foundation, the superstructure must fall. When the public mind becomes vitiated and corrupt, laws are a nullity and constitutions are waste paper.” – Daniel Webster, 4th of July, 1800, Oration at Hanover, N.H.

Comment

I would not give up my Salvation for anyone! I thought we would forget any loved ones who were not saved anyway.
      The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. Psalm 23

Comment

Your question is trying to test the how much love you have for God vs. how much Love you have for your children. Most Christians love people unconditionally and they adore their children above all people. However, Christians will never put anything above our Lord God. When we submit ourselves to hell we depart from our lord forever even if it is for the best intentions it is totally against what we believe. God judges men’s hearts perfectly so their will be no mistake in his decisions. If they are supposed to be there, they will be there. Your mother or father can not negotiate with God to get their children there. If you are looking for a question to test how much people love their children, I think a better question would be would you give your kidney or other vital organ to your children to save their earthly life over their own life. And I think the answer would be an overwhelmingly yes to that. Look at what Abraham went through in his ultimate trial. God knows how much love a parent has for their children. The test is not weather you love your children or not but weather you love God more than your children or anything else on earth.

Comment

I do not believe we will be aware of that situation.
          I'm Sara
          "Jesus wept." John 11:35
          Praying for my sister Mieke.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Revolvr View Post
            What does this tell you and why?
            It says to me if you do not love God more then you love anyone else including your family your not worthy to be a follower of God.Atlest that's what it's saying to me.

Comment

Originally posted by militarywife View Post
              I do not believe we will be aware of that situation.
              That's what i believe as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorgblar View Post
                If you was in heaven and you saw one of your childern suffering in hell and you asked God if they could come to heaven and he said yes but only if you CHANGED PLACES with them would you do it?I don't have any childern yet but i think that i WOULD NOT change places with my child if this was happening to me.
                The 'emotional' side of me would want to say yes.
                In fact, there was a time when I was younger where I would have said yes, if you had asked the question about my younger brother.

But, no, I wouldn't. And as I've seen mentioned here previously, I don't believe we're going to be seeing people punished in Hell.

Comment

THis would be torment would it not like I have said before there is no pain or sadness and I don't believe in an eternal torment of a hell so I think before you post thihngs ask God to show you 1st then read in locations like Revelation and stuff then post your question. To put your salvation in the hands of humans and answers to questions like this is very dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by gsnewwrld View Post
                    To put your salvation in the hands of humans and answers to questions like this is very dangerous
                    I never thought of it that way.

Comment

Are you familiar with Ex. 32:32 and Rom. 9:3...? Or Rom. 5:8...!
                      analyze. synthesize. repeat.

*It is the next chapter of my life, whether I'm ready or not. My time here in these forums has come to its close. I bless you as I go!*

Comment

Originally posted by astrongerthanhe View Post
                        Are you familiar with Ex. 32:32 and Rom. 9:3...? Or Rom. 5:8...!
                        Yes i am.In the verses you listed paul and moses both say that they would rather be cursed by God and suffer eternal damnation then to have the people thir trying to save get cusred and damned instead.

Comment

I've got an even better question. Those that believe a loving, merciful God would torment their children in hell forever, why don't they ask the Lord if they can to do the honors of casting them into the lake of fire themselves?

Pretty insane idea isn't it? Yet they think the Lord Himself could do this. They'll get thrown into the lake of fire alright, not to be tormented forever, but to be fully destroyed, however long that takes.

Comment

I've got an even better question. Those that believe a loving, merciful God would torment their children in hell forever, why don't they ask the Lord if they can to do the honors of casting them into the lake of fire themselves?

Pretty insane idea isn't it? Yet they think the Lord Himself could do this. They'll get thrown into the lake of fire alright, not to be tormented forever, but to be fully destroyed, however long that takes.
                            I am not sure I follow this

Comment

Originally posted by divaD View Post
                              They'll get thrown into the lake of fire alright, not to be tormented forever, but to be fully destroyed, however long that takes.
                              Were in the bible does it state that the wicked are destoryed in the lake of fire?I have NEVER read this ANYWERE in the bible.

Comment

Working...
                              X