Bible and Government

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information Bible and Government

What does the Bible say about being involved in Government, especially corrupt Government? By involved I mean voicing our opinions and standing up for our Country and Constitution.

Originally posted by SDawson248 View Post
    What does the Bible say about being involved in Government, especially corrupt Government? By involved I mean voicing our opinions and standing up for our Country and Constitution.
    This may not completly answer you question but you have to be aware that as long as what those in charge of us do not expect us to do that which is against the will of God then we should obey them.

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Comment

Hi SDawson248!

Here are a few verses that may help.

Personally, I do not believe that we ought to vote, and get entangled with worldly matters.

John 12:46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
      John 12:47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
      John 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

2Ti 2:4 No soldier in active service entangles himself in the affairs of everyday life, so that he may please the one who enlisted him as a soldier.

1Co 5:12 For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside?
      1Cor 5:13 But those who are outside God will judge. Therefore "put away from yourselves the evil person."

1Pe 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
      1Pe 2:10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.
      1Pe 2:11 Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;

Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
      Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
      Eph 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
      Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Heb 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
      Heb 11:14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.
      Heb 11:15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
      Heb 11:16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

2Co 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
      2Co 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
      2Co 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
      2Co 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
      2Co 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

John 15:18 "If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.
      John 15:19 If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

John 17:14 I have given them your word, and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.
      John 17:15 I do not ask that you take them out of the world, but that you keep them from the evil one.
      John 17:16 They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.
      John 17:17 Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth.
      John 17:18 As you sent me into the world, so I have sent them into the world.
      John 17:19 And for their sake I consecrate myself, that they also may be sanctified in truth.

Comment

All human govt has corruption. If you serve in that capacity serve as unto the Lord ...which includes honesty.
        ♪ Each day may Christ become clearer, His Cross dearer, Our Hope nearer. ♫

Comment

Working...
        X