Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

homosexuality threads are starting to give me deja vu. Same repetitive stuff on the same repetitive topic. The bible is clear even if our definitions are not, stop self justifying or justifying for others and repent if you know you are in sin. THREAD OVER!
    "Few men are born brave. Many become so through training and force of discipline"
    -Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead." - James 2:26

Watch This! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyheJ480LYA - Christian Artist Lecrae

Comment

A person cannot be gay and be a Christian! It is a sin.

Comment

Yes, it is a sin in any shape or form, and you can't be a gay christian
        Jesus Christ is The Way, The Truth, and The Life.

Soli Deo Gloria!

My Video's:
        http://www.youtube.com/thewoodsofjordan

Comment

i worry for those 5 'christian' people who voted for "Its not a sin in a committed loving relationship". I wonder which other bits of the Bible they want to throw out next.
          "Few men are born brave. Many become so through training and force of discipline"

"As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead." - James 2:26

Watch This! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyheJ480LYA - Christian Artist Lecrae

Comment

I would love all of you "Christians" to point out in the Bible exactly where it says that it is a sin to be a homosexual. I find it sad how many "Christians" are quick to denounce gays, but don't even know why they think it is a sin. Let's see some scripture here to back up your words.

Comment

I believe you can be a gay christian AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT ACT on your gender preference . One can be an alcoholic and not have a drink in 20 years (any alkie in recovery will tell you once an alkie always an alkie) but if one gave up the ACT of homosexuality for God....they are Christian

Comment

Homosexuality is a sin according to the Scriptures. It isn't acceptable for a Christian to "be gay."

1 Cor 6:9-11
                9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals , nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.
                NKJV
                Love In Christ,
                Tanya

Comment

Before we go down this road again, please make sure you read the following:

http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php?t=119044

Comment

Originally posted by DelphiCoder82 View Post
                    I would love all of you "Christians" to point out in the Bible exactly where it says that it is a sin to be a homosexual. I find it sad how many "Christians" are quick to denounce gays, but don't even know why they think it is a sin. Let's see some scripture here to back up your words.
                    Go read the myriad other posts on the topic, i am sick of cutting and pasting my responses as i am sure other here are. Phil gave you a good link, let us know what you think.

Comment

Originally posted by DelphiCoder82 View Post
                      I'm wondering; what's your response to the scripture TanyaP posted? Live Revinius, I'm rather tired... And don't bother posting that website again, it has an extremely poor hermeneutic. The Greek is not at all under dispute.

Comment

Indeed, twisting Greek to mean something it doesnt is paramount to trying to change the Word itself (which many parts of the Bible curse people for). Stop justifying the sin and live for Him!

Comment

There is little point in discussing our opinioins on Homosexuality if God says it is wrong.

However I would like to point out that although homosexuality is wrong, we should not judge homosexuals, and instead treat them like Jesus would treat them. Jesus hung out with prostitutes and showed mercy to thieves- never once did he point to sinner and say "you're going to hell".

When it gets right down to it- we have all sinned, so there is little point judging homosexuals as if they were worse than us. Instead we should pity them and help them. For this very well justified reason I believe that we should not be so quick to point the finger, we should "take the log" out of our eyes first before we "point out the speck" in someone elses.

Yes, homosexual acts are wrong and homosexuality is often a result of other sin. But the question should not be "who sinned?"- the question should be "who saves?"

The answer- Jesus (thank God!)
                          He's charging into hell and bringing heaven with him!- Rob Bell

"So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir" - Paul - Galations 4:7

Comment

Originally posted by Friend of Jesus View Post
                            There is little point in discussing our opinioins on Homosexuality if God says it is wrong.

However I would like to point out that although homosexuality is wrong, we should not judge homosexuals, and instead treat them like Jesus would treat them. Jesus hung out with prostitutes and showed mercy to thieves- never once did he point to sinner and say "you're going to hell".

When it gets right down to it- we have all sinned, so there is little point judging homosexuals as if they were worse than us. Instead we should pity them and help them. For this very well justified reason I believe that we should not be so quick to point the finger, we should "take the log" out of our eyes first before we "point out the speck" in someone elses.

Yes, homosexual acts are wrong and homosexuality is often a result of other sin. But the question should not be "who sinned?"- the question should be "who saves?"

The answer- Jesus (thank God!)
                            the problem is when we encounter people who call themselves Christian yet wilfully keep sinning.

Comment

Originally posted by Revinius View Post
                              the problem is when we encounter people who call themselves Christian yet wilfully keep sinning.
                              I've been there, done that- Thankfully God pulled me out by the neck and put me back on my feet. Therefore, I have no right to judge Homosexuals.

A good example would be the "breaking the chains" forum. We don't judge anyone who posts on that forum (I should hope not anyway) because we know we've been there. Instead we help them with their sin.

So instead of judging homosexuals we should help them

See I even use smilies to illustrate a point
                              He's charging into hell and bringing heaven with him!- Rob Bell

"So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir" - Paul - Galations 4:7

Comment

Pity is a form of judgment, unfortunately.
                                And who saves is just as important as who sinned -.-

Comment

Working...
                                X