This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xel'Naga
    Because everyone would show them, biblically, how it is a sin.
    I.e., attack them for expressing their opinion on an issue on which apparently not everyone agrees.
    Always give God credit first.

"Dost thou think because thou art virtuous there shall be no more cakes and ale?"
    -Sir Toby, Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare

James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by givemegrace View Post
      A sin is a sin, no sin is bigger or smaller, only Jesus was perfect, who am I to judge. Think this poll could offend and anger people who browse this sight, I have found this place to be a real encouragement. Love not anger. God Bless
      The Truth should not be sugar coated. Sin is not acceptable. If the Truth angers anyone perhaps they are feeling a bit convicted.
      The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. Psalm 23

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzword View Post
        I.e., attack them for expressing their opinion on an issue on which apparently not everyone agrees.
        No one should be made to feel comfortable in their sin.
        The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. Psalm 23

Comment

Originally posted by Xel'Naga View Post
          Because everyone would show them, biblically, how it is a sin.
          There are few things i am certain of in this life and one of them is that people dont want to hear about something they have already made up there minds about. Those people that have stated that homosexuality is not a sin will not change their view simply because they do not want to. Such is the 'liberal christians' worldview (notice little 'c' for Christian). Their highest authority is their own desire and they use their plastic Jesus to justify their moral inconsistency. When challenged they retreat to their emotions, their emotions state that all people are innately good and that God (their plastic Jesus) never is wrathful to anybody. God conforms to their emotions which i guess ultimately means that (although they would deny it) they are their own Gods....something which keeps me up at night...weeping.
          "Few men are born brave. Many become so through training and force of discipline"
          -Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead." - James 2:26

Watch This! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyheJ480LYA - Christian Artist Lecrae

Comment

I am moving this thread to Controversial Issues.
            Come unto me all that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Comment

Originally posted by givemegrace View Post
              A sin is a sin, no sin is bigger or smaller, only Jesus was perfect, who am I to judge. Think this poll could offend and anger people who browse this sight, I have found this place to be a real encouragement. Love not anger. God Bless
              Let them be angry while they read Biblical truth as correction. Better to be angry about it now but convicted and not to even support this sin and be called out on it when standing before God during judgment.

Ignoring sin and as you put it, which is not bigger or smaller... is still a sin and cannot be supported, ignored, defended etc. It should be spoken "against" and efforts to correct those who do support, defend, ignore homosexuality should be made by ALL Christians who have faith in God and not a god of their liking. If we don't, there is a chance that such people will be called out during judgment...

1 Timothy 5:22
              22Do not be hasty in the laying on of hands, and do not share in the sins of others. Keep yourself pure.
              Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Well said Rev I am with you 100% ...

Also I will add I am seeing a lot of first time posters who are pro gay and show it on post 1 or 2 ...I am kind of suspicious...
                Also Daughter I don't think anyone here...at least myself.....thinks one sin is worse than another but I have not seen many people or groups saying they are pro wife swaping or pro stealing.....you do have pro gay groups ...any ACTIVE SIN is wrong and a sin .....I am a sinner too and just can't see how anyone can be gay and sinless UNLESS they mean gay but NOT active sexually

Seeker great post too

Originally posted by Revinius View Post
                There are few things i am certain of in this life and one of them is that people dont want to hear about something they have already made up there minds about. Those people that have stated that homosexuality is not a sin will not change their view simply because they do not want to. Such is the 'liberal christians' worldview (notice little 'c' for Christian). Their highest authority is their own desire and they use their plastic Jesus to justify their moral inconsistency. When challenged they retreat to their emotions, their emotions state that all people are innately good and that God (their plastic Jesus) never is wrathful to anybody. God conforms to their emotions which i guess ultimately means that (although they would deny it) they are their own Gods....something which keeps me up at night...weeping.

Comment

Only if you view disagreement as attack.

Comment

If the Lord disagrees with them is it an attack?
                    "Few men are born brave. Many become so through training and force of discipline"

"As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead." - James 2:26

Watch This! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyheJ480LYA - Christian Artist Lecrae

Comment

Originally posted by Xel'Naga View Post
                      It is a sin, no matter where it's found. You cannot be a gay Christian.
                      Why so many threads on homosexuality?
                      Because unfortunately, Satan is beginning to control our churches. the ELCA refuses to admit that homosexuality is a sin because they want the praises of men rather than the praises of God. So the few elect in the world have to constantly stand up for the truth.

Comment

James 4:17
                        17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

If we do something that God refers to as an abomination, how can we call it good? This is saying If we don't do GOOD, we ARE willfully sinning.
                        My favorite scripture: Malachi 3:16

"Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name!" (Every time we speak of the Lord, or even THINK of him--its written down in a book of remembrance!)

Comment

Originally posted by Diggindeeper View Post
                          If we do something that God refers to as an abomination, how can we call it good? This is saying If we don't do GOOD, we ARE willfully sinning.
                          Which is a salvation issue.

Comment

Originally posted by daughter View Post
                            My opinion, which is not in the poll is this...

Why this obsession with homosexuality, of all the many sins in the world today? Before I came to Christ I comitted all sorts of sins... including homosexuality, witchcraft, violence, theft, etc etc etc...

Why is it that homosexuality is the one that everyone seems to get het up about? When did shop lifting, vandalism and witchcraft become less alarming than homosexuality?
                            That's a good question. I've been thinking about this and though I may be wrong, I think because the homosexual lifestyle has gained so much credence and acceptance of late and it seems like another sign of the end times. Being aware of those signs, such as lawlessness increasing, it makes this particular lifestyle more in the forefront. Kind of like others have been discussing the miard of disturbing weather patterns, earthquakes and so on.
                            I'm old enough to remember the days when "gay" was a word with different meaning and there was no such thing as a "gay pride parade" and I'm not that old.
                            So, although shop lifting and things like that have been around since the beginning, this particular lifestyle, has never been held in high regard by so many until fairly recent times.
                            I think we would be wondering the same thing if it were now acceptable to engage in theft, violence, etc..
                            Anyway, those are just some of my thoughts concerning; why now?

Comment

Originally posted by daughter View Post
                              My opinion, which is not in the poll is this...

Why this obsession with homosexuality, of all the many sins in the world today? Before I came to Christ I comitted all sorts of sins... including homosexuality, witchcraft, violence, theft, etc etc etc...

Why is it that homosexuality is the one that everyone seems to get het up about? When did shop lifting, vandalism and witchcraft become less alarming than homosexuality?
                              I'd like to address this.

Do you recall the days, I do, when g*ys told us to keep our mouths shut about them and their lifestyle because what they did behind closed doors was none of our business.

But it isn't behind closed doors anymore. And who brought it out into the open? Who is it that has brought it into our schools to teach this sin to our children even at grade school level?

It is on TV, in magazines, in our news, in our government, in our courts. It is everywhere. Who put it everywhere? The g*ys have.

They have changed society into what it ought not be. They have not given us the option to not be a part of it. The little we do have to escape it they are trying to do away with. People in America are being persecuted for not violating their Christian principles and accommodating g*ys.

So while they shove it down our throats at every possible chance they get in every possible manner they can, we re merely reacting to this.

It will only get worse.

I told my mother and a few others back in the early 90's that persecution to Americans would come through the g*ys. That is now coming true. Of course it isn't just the g*ys. Liberals seek the same thing, but it is all being done under the g*y umbrella and the g*ys are the driving force behind it. It is the same force they used against the two angels and the stranger passing through that town in Israel. That spirit never died and still lives on. It comes with this sin.

So to me, these things seem like something to get worked up about.

I dunno. Sometimes I wish God would finally send judgment on this nation. I am so sick and tired of the wickedness I see. My only problem is that my family and loved ones and I will pay the price of judgment along with the wicked. But the time will come when that judgment will be a blessing for us. I can't help but think God cannot refrain much longer, but then I wonder. God does have the option of letting us stew in our own wickedness and reap what we sow. I don't know what God will do to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by EarlyCall View Post
                                I'd like to address this.

Do you recall the days, I do, when g*ys told us to keep our mouths shut about them and their lifestyle because what they did behind closed doors was none of our business.

But it isn't behind closed doors anymore. And who brought it out into the open? Who is it that has brought it into our schools to teach this sin to our children even at grade school level?

It is on TV, in magazines, in our news, in our government, in our courts. It is everywhere. Who put it everywhere? The g*ys have.

They have changed society into what it ought not be. They have not given us the option to not be a part of it. The little we do have to escape it they are trying to do away with. People in America are being persecuted for not violating their Christian principles and accommodating g*ys.

So while they shove it down our throats at every possible chance they get in every possible manner they can, we re merely reacting to this.

It will only get worse.

I told my mother and a few others back in the early 90's that persecution to Americans would come through the g*ys. That is now coming true. Of course it isn't just the g*ys. Liberals seek the same thing, but it is all being done under the g*y umbrella and the g*ys are the driving force behind it. It is the same force they used against the two angels and the stranger passing through that town in Israel. That spirit never died and still lives on. It comes with this sin.

So to me, these things seem like something to get worked up about.

I dunno. Sometimes I wish God would finally send judgment on this nation. I am so sick and tired of the wickedness I see. My only problem is that my family and loved ones and I will pay the price of judgment along with the wicked. But the time will come when that judgment will be a blessing for us. I can't help but think God cannot refrain much longer, but then I wonder. God does have the option of letting us stew in our own wickedness and reap what we sow. I don't know what God will do to be honest.
                                I feel the same way globally mate..... the world is crying out for Him....its in its death throws... But... we must make the most and keep the rescue mission going.

Comment

Working...
                                X