X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homosexuality

So, what is YOUR opinion?
    Yes, it is a sin in any shape or form, but I do consider gay christians truly christian
    27.48%
    Yes, it is a sin in any shape or form, and you can't be a gay christian
    58.78%
    No, it's not a sin within a committed, loving relationship
    6.87%
    No, it's not a sin in any shape or form
    6.11%
    I don't know
    0.76%

IMHO,
    A "gay christian" is like saying "a christain who is pro-abortion".
    Both worldly lies, and no love in them.
    And Christ cannot be a part of anything that has no love.
    Because HE IS LOVE Perfected.
    So therefore He is not a part of 'gay' or 'pro-abortion'.
    Regardless of whether or not they say they are Christians.
    IMHO, They either never knew Him to start with or
    they have been blinded by the world and seriously fallen out of line with Christ.
    "Love is not about you...and it never was"
    "Selfishness is inwardly focused, but Love is Always outwardly focused!"

I am very anti-abortion, anti-murder, and Pro-Love.
    Gotta stop repeating myself...

Stop Marfan - The Silent but deadly killer.
    It's main weapon is lack of truth.
    Please learn the truth about the Marfan syndrome
    by visiting The National Marfan Foundation.
    Feel free to ask me any questions you may have
    about the Marfan syndrome and I will answer them
    the best I can.

Comment

It is a sin, no matter where it's found. You cannot be a gay Christian.
      Why so many threads on homosexuality?

Comment

Living as an active homosexual and having faith in God is putting "conditions" on the will of God to suit their needs. Homosexuality is a sin, always will be a sin, and thus will not be within the will of God for those that have faith in Him. Believing in God and saying, "I have faith in God" is much different then having a "relationship" with God. A relationship means you will do what the Bible says to be within the will of God.

If a person says they are a Christian yet says that an active homosexual relationship is not sin or is within the will of God is only worshiping a god of their making and not God, who IS.
        Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Originally posted by Xel'Naga View Post
          It is a sin, no matter where it's found. You cannot be a gay Christian.
          Why so many threads on homosexuality?
          Hey, i was wondering the same thing.

Comment

I believe homosexuality is sin. Period.

I have to say this, and I mean no disrespect to anyone, we need to fix our conversations on Godly things.

Psalm 119:26-28

26 I have declared my ways, and You answered me;
            Teach me Your statutes.
            27 Make me understand the way of Your precepts;
            So shall I meditate on Your wonderful works.
            28 My soul melts from heaviness;
            Strengthen me according to Your word.
            I'm Sara
            "Jesus wept." John 11:35
            Praying for my sister Mieke.
            sigpic

Comment

I define "gay" as having strong or irrevocable same sex attraction. But homosexual acts are the sin. See the distinction?

Thus I believe there can be gay Christians.

Comment

God considers homosexuality an "abomination", therefore it would have to be considered a sin.
                .......................John 3:16.........................

My testimony:http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthread.php?t=112657I hope that it inspires one and all

Comment

Howsexuals will never enter the kingdom of Heaven, unless He first is changed.

1 Cor 6:9
                  Do you not know that the unjust will not inherit God's kingdom? Do not be deceived: no sexually immoral people, idolaters, adulterers, male prostitutes, homosexuals,
                  1 Cor 6:10 thieves, greedy people, drunkards, revilers, or swindlers will inherit God's kingdom.
                  If the Calvinistic Westminister Confession is true (that "God from all eternity did, by the most wise and holy counsel of His own will, freely, and unchangeably ordain whatsoever comes to pass"), then God ordained my disbelief of Calvinism.

Comment

Homosexual acts are sinful. Christians can sin and still be saved, for which I am truly grateful. Only one sin will never be forgiven in Heaven or on Earth and it isn't homosexuality.

If you equate being a homosexual as being an unrepentant homosexual, then, no, they would not saved, but then neither would the unrepentant gossip or the unrepentant liar.
                    "Here I raise my Ebenezer"

Comment

This too is a question worth of it's own thread; leaving aside the entire question of homosexuality for a moment...

...Precisely what level, if any, of post-Savioural-acceptance sin can a Christian engage in without being excluded from Heaven? If none, and we are ALL sinners, are we not all doomed to Hell?

Comment

This too is a question worth of it's own thread; leaving aside the entire question of homosexuality for a moment...

...Precisely what level, if any, of post-Savioural-acceptance sin can a Christian engage in without being excluded from Heaven? If none, and we are ALL sinners, are we not all doomed to Hell?

Comment

My opinion, which is not in the poll is this...

Why this obsession with homosexuality, of all the many sins in the world today? Before I came to Christ I comitted all sorts of sins... including homosexuality, witchcraft, violence, theft, etc etc etc...

Why is it that homosexuality is the one that everyone seems to get het up about? When did shop lifting, vandalism and witchcraft become less alarming than homosexuality?
                          Please could everyone pray for Mieke and Charles.

My testimony http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthr...ight=testimony

Comment

Originally posted by JaybeeinBibleForum

You're right-this needs its own thread. Having said that: If you are saved,and you commit sin, ask and it shall be forgiven, But if you keep on doing the same sin, then you aren't being repentant, and therefore aren't really looking for true forgiveness.
                            .......................John 3:16.........................

My testimony:http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthread.php?t=112657I hope that it inspires one and all

Comment

Originally posted by JaybeeinBibleForum View Post

All sins were forgiven on the cross. When we agree with GOD we are sinners and cannot get to heaven by our own merit and trust in his redemptive work on the Cross and in the resurrection we are saved.

You cannot lose your salvation.

We are sinners saved by grace.
                              I think sin keeps us humble before the living GOD so that we may not boast of our righteousness and become like the Pharisees.
                              I think sin keeps us on our knees so that we may understand the fullness and the mysteries of GOD's love in our lives.

We have the power within us to choose not to sin.
                              We are a new creature in Christ, but we also still have the sin nature within us.

Does this mean we can abuse GOD's grace and just sin whenever we want to sin?
                              Paul says in Romans emphatically, "NO!"

I think there is a difference between a rebellious abuse of GOD's grace and a contrite heart that wishes to follow Christ but still has trouble.

The prodigal son comes to mind.
                              He was welcomed back home.
                              He did not lose his position as son but he did suffer the consequences of his leaving his home.

We will not be doomed to hell if we continue to sin.

There are rewards given in heaven for our good works.
                              They are all placed at Christ's feet in love and respect.
                              Some believers will have many rewards to give Christ while others will enter heaven and still smell of smoke.

We want to hear him say "well done, good and faithful servant."
                              We as children want to please our father in heaven.

Is it our pride or is it our gratitude that causes us to want to hear those words?
                              I say if it is our pride then the rewards given are chaff burnt up.
                              I say if it is gratitude then the rewards given are silver and gold that has been purified in the fire of forgiveness and love given me, a sinner, who does not deserve such love, grace, or mercy.

The wrath of GOD's judgment for the punishment of sin was placed squarely on Christ for our behalf.
                              What greater love is there?

Comment

Working...
                              X