This is only for people STRONG in their faith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is only for people STRONG in their faith

Donít know where to start. This thread is NOT for the people who have questions about their faith. It is only for the ones who are STRONG in their faith. There are 3 main issues: 1) The condition of my marriage 2) Loneliness 3) Health problem/poverty

I am married to who I ďthoughtĒ was my best friend. The problems started about a year into our marriage. I used to get along great with his mom. The relationship between her & I fell apart when we disagreed about how to handle a family problem. She thought I should just be a doormat. When I refused, she started getting nasty. Then I found out where my husbandís loyalty was: with his mom. He defended her brutal attempts at punishing me for not obeying her. He sided with her and allowed her to use him to punish me. Our marriage started to unravel.

Today, several years later, I am depressed and lonely. We live in a tiny community, below poverty level, and have no friends. This community is snobby and cliquish. We have no children. I have no real joy in my life anymore. He makes decisions for the both of us, based on what HE wants, all with no consideration for what I want and need.

I struggle daily with hateful thoughts about his mother and the terrible damage sheís done to our marriage and our lives. I feel no remorse for how I handled things. I will not be anybodyís doormat. She was wrong to try to make that happen. I was right for standing up for myself. My husband was wrong for not standing beside me against her nastiness. He was wrong for siding with her instead of me. These days he admits that she is nasty. But itís too late. The damage has been done. We are no longer close, like we used to be. We have drifted far apart because of what happened.

I struggle daily with the fact that Iíve tried, over and over again, to make friends here in this tiny community. Every single time Iíve tried, Iíve been rejected. After they treat me that way, Iím glad Iím not friends with them. However, Iím still left with bitter loneliness and...no friends. Plus humiliation after trying to make friends and being rejected. Again. (there is no privacy in small communities and everybody knows everything)

The one church here that is of my chosen religion is not right for us. Weíve tried that and we got nothing out of it. When we stopped going, the minister was cold toward us, and at times, actually quite rude. We didnít do anything except stop going, so he had no right to be that way.

I have a major health problem. Iíve prayed daily to God to heal me. He doesnít care. Ask and you shall receive? When? When you die? What good does praying do, if He is just going to ignore you/tell you NO? Why does He want to punish me so severely? I struggle daily (yes, another issue I struggle with daily) with the pain, hateful feelings/thoughts, and anger at the medical field because of how badly theyíve treated me. I hate the fact that they charge SO MUCH for medical care. The doctors and nurses all drive expensive cars and live in mansions. Guess who helps pay for their luxurious lives while we live in poverty? Why does God want me to be miserable? Why wonít He help me? Why is it that so many other people have so much and we have nothing? Why doesnít He punish the greedy people who take advantage of people with major problems? I read another thread on this message board about somebody who God cured of asthma. Why wonít He cure me of my health problem? How can I not be jealous of the person that God cured? Why does He want to force me to be miserable for YEARS (yes, itís been YEARS) with this horrible health problem that costs us so much? He is all-knowing, therefore He knew Iíd acquire this health problem, but yet He forced me into existence anyway. How is that NOT cruel?

I donít think God is fair. Most of the time, I see Him as cruel and unfair. I know thatís wrong, but I canít help how I feel. Iíve tried so many times to NOT feel that way about God, but Iím unable to stop. I canít, no matter how hard I try. I donít know what to do. You canít help how you really feel.

I donít know what to do.

I don't have much good advice, but I will be happy to pray for you, that you are able to find peace and love in this situation.

My experience has been this...my marriage never got any better until I forced myself to think only positive things about my husband. I can guarantee you that if you spend all your time thinking about God as loving, you soon will believe that. Same goes for your husband. You can change your thoughts...it's another gift from God, you just have to put it into practice.

Remember, God loves you and has a plan for you, even if you don't understand it. Hugs to you, sister.
    Everything you need to know...John 3:16

Please pray God for works a miracle in my marriage. We need all His help right now.

"I would hate to stand before the Lord one day and be ashamed of the treatment I gave one of His greatest gifts."

Comment

I have to agree. And when you can, pray and pray and pray. Read the Bible until you understand how to fight this battle and thus emerge victorious!

God will show us the way, even in the most difficult situations, if we only seek Him with all our heart.
      Romans 15:30 KJV 30Now I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the love of the Spirit, that ye strive together with me in your prayers to God for me;

Comment

the only answer that popped into my head when I read your post was that maybe God is using this illness to get you to lean on Him and trust Him.

We grow the most in hard times. God will use many different things to try to help people to grow closer to Him.

He wants you to lean on Him and trust Him, despite what you're going through.

God is not punishing you. I think God might be trying to get your attention/tell you something.

All I DO know for 100% certain, is that God DOES love you dearly and all He wants is for you to love Him back and trust Him, no matter what life hands you.

Just concentrate on loving and praising God and living your life for Him.
        Why are you looking for love
        Why are you still searching as if I'm not enough
        To where will you go child
        Tell me where will you run
        To where will you run

Comment

When I read your post, especially the last half, two psalms came to mind and I'd like you to read them:

Psalm 37 and Psalm 73

I can tell you this...all the pent up bitterness and anger you are holding in will make your illness worse. It will make your life worse. When I use to hold in anger because I felt mistreated, my life was not good. I was not happy and I became ill. The symptoms were numerous. The anger and bitterness you hold in does nothing to anyone else...only to you. I'm not saying you are to blame for your family problems, but the fact that it eats at you will do major damage to you physically and spiritually. Believe me when I say I do understand where you are coming from...and I also know the cure.

If you want to feel better (I don't know what illness you have but I do know anger and stress can make illnesses worse), you must renew your mind and rid yourself of this anger. You said you did the right thing years ago by not being a door mat. Good...then be satisfied with your decision. If you truly have done nothing wrong, the problem is everyone elses. You said you have tried to make friends but you keep getting rejected. Why is that? (you don't have to answer here of course but think about it). I don't deny that some of it may be other people, but do you have any responsibility in it? I ask because I went through the same thing. I gave and gave but sometimes rejection hit and soon I began feeling everyone I met would do me wrong and before I knew it I trusted no one and put a perimeter around myself because i feared getting hurt. I felt everyone was the same. I had friends, yes, but I would be their friend but wouldn't allow them to be mine.

God does not want you miserable nor ill:

Ezekiel 18:30-32
          30 "Therefore, O house of Israel, I will judge you, each one according to his ways, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall. 31 Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, O house of Israel? 32 For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent and live!

You must clean out your insides before any healing will come. That means you must renew your mind. As unhappy as you are, you must put your focus on God now. Allow him to be at the center of your life. Once you do this, and it will take time, you will see a difference. You have to turn over your anger, bitterness and unhappiness to the Lord and only then will you find true healing. Many times people are more in need of a spiritual healing than a physical healing. A spiritual healing will save you eternally and that is what God is looking for, but he can't work in you if you do not allow him to. With all of your strength you must put aside your anger and hurt (believe me I know how hard that is), by turning it over to him and then allow him to work in you. Tell him how difficult it is and ask him to help you do this. Most of all, have faith and do not doubt. Seek the spiritual healing before the physical healing. Do not envy what others have for what they have will perish in the end:

Matt 6:19-23
          19"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

22"The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light. 23But if your eyes are bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!

Seek God with all your heart and renew your mind and changes will come.

Live your life in such a
          way that, when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...

"Oh NO.... she's awake!"

Slug1: No, I have it so short I can't comb it to the side like before

cheechamia: ken...dear...honey...you have NO hair to comb on the side!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Contrary to how my post sounds, I love my husband very much and regularly show him and tell him so. The problem I have with him is not how I feel about him; it is with how he has changed towards me. And yes, weíve talked about it many many times. He will promise to change and then doesnít follow through.

I have all but given up now, as far as believing that God loves me and wants what is best for me. He is in charge and this is what I get? I see this as His fault because Iíve done what is required and nothing changes. Iíve been in this predicament for YEARS, praying hard and often, and I still have all these problems. No matter what view I take on it, I still lose.

I have a HUGE problem with the view that God is using the problems I have in my life to get me to lean on Him. After all, Iíve been leaning on Him since this all started happening and all I get is more piled on.

Also, whatever happened to the free will that God gave us all? We supposedly get to choose what we will and will not do. How does free will figure in to the afflictions I have? It isnít free will anymore if you go ahead and torture somebody to get them to do something. Thereís no free will there. Either you do what He wants you to do or else you suffer. That ainít free will. Thatís torturous coersion.

Besides, why would somebody who supposedly loves you, torture you for YEARS in order to force you to do something He wants you to do? Who does that?? I mean, if Iím SOOO dense that, after YEARS of being tortured and I still canít ďgetĒ what He wants me to do, why KEEP ON TORTURING ME??

I donít WANT to feel this way. Iíve tried so hard to think positive and keep having faith, but Iím worn down. I give up. I just donít know what to do.

Iím so frustrated because there never are any answers to the questions I have. I can't figure out what He wants so that there might be a chance He'll cure me and my problems will go away, there never are any answers to my questions, I'm miserable, I don't want to feel like this toward God. One of the biggest fears I have is that somebody who is "on the fence" with their faith, etc, will read this and I'll be a bad influence on them. I don't want that and have always tried very hard to NOT be a negative influence. But where on earth do I turn to prevent that?

Comment

Originally posted by cats_meow View Post
              Contrary to how my post sounds, I love my husband very much and regularly show him and tell him so. The problem I have with him is not how I feel about him; it is with how he has changed towards me. And yes, weíve talked about it many many times. He will promise to change and then doesnít follow through.

I have all but given up now, as far as believing that God loves me and wants what is best for me. He is in charge and this is what I get? I see this as His fault because Iíve done what is required and nothing changes. Iíve been in this predicament for YEARS, praying hard and often, and I still have all these problems. No matter what view I take on it, I still lose.

I have a HUGE problem with the view that God is using the problems I have in my life to get me to lean on Him. After all, Iíve been leaning on Him since this all started happening and all I get is more piled on.

Also, whatever happened to the free will that God gave us all? We supposedly get to choose what we will and will not do. How does free will figure in to the afflictions I have? It isnít free will anymore if you go ahead and torture somebody to get them to do something. Thereís no free will there. Either you do what He wants you to do or else you suffer. That ainít free will. Thatís torturous coersion.

Besides, why would somebody who supposedly loves you, torture you for YEARS in order to force you to do something He wants you to do? Who does that?? I mean, if Iím SOOO dense that, after YEARS of being tortured and I still canít ďgetĒ what He wants me to do, why KEEP ON TORTURING ME??

I donít WANT to feel this way. Iíve tried so hard to think positive and keep having faith, but Iím worn down. I give up. I just donít know what to do.

Iím so frustrated because there never are any answers to the questions I have. I can't figure out what He wants so that there might be a chance He'll cure me and my problems will go away, there never are any answers to my questions, I'm miserable, I don't want to feel like this toward God. One of the biggest fears I have is that somebody who is "on the fence" with their faith, etc, will read this and I'll be a bad influence on them. I don't want that and have always tried very hard to NOT be a negative influence. But where on earth do I turn to prevent that?
              Jesus.

He said "Come to me all you who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest". I don't think He was lying.

I'm not going to sit here and pretend I understand completely how you feel. I've never been in your position. But my heart goes out to you.
              I DO know what it's like to deal with a husband that is arrogant and can be mean.

I think cheech made a very good point. You have to let your anger and bitterness go. That's what keeping you from realizing that He DOES love you. He loves everybody. You're not any different. He's not torturing you to make you do something. He's not even torturing you. Why would He torture somebody He loves?

I'm sorry you don't feel like He loves you, but God does not make exceptions to who He loves. If He loves a murder, rapist, homosexual, then you're not any different.

Why are you looking for love
              Why are you still searching as if I'm not enough
              To where will you go child
              Tell me where will you run
              To where will you run

Comment

I must agree with Cheech on this one. When I read your posts, I sense much bitterness and anger. And what do such feeling benefit? It seems as though you feel that the Lord isn't answering your prayers about changing your husband. If so, there are two points I want to make.

1. God doesn't leave prayers unanswered, it's just that sometimes His answer is no. When we pray and pray and pray and it seems the answer never comes, it's not that God is ignoring you or that He doesn't care. It's just that what you desire is not in His will. Sometimes the Lord doesn't take problems away, instead He uses those problem to refine you, to draw you closer to Him. If He always took every trial away from us, we wouldn't grow. When there is no where left to run, our Father is standing in front of you with open arms. Now I know you said you have a problem with this, but you must remember that our timing and God's timing may not be the same. There is a purpose to everything He does... sometimes we just have to have patience.

You keep talking about torture... you used it several times in your last post... Tell me more. Who are you saying is "torturing" you? Your husband? The Lord? And how? You see it seems you are saying the Lord is torturing you. Now the Bible tells us He will never leave us or forsake us. If He will stay by us forever as long as we belong to Him, why oh why would He "torture" us? He wouldn't. You see, it's about perspective. You can look at this from a negative light of how horrible things seem to be or from a positive light of how can I use this situation to grow closer to the Lord. Which brings me to my second, and most important point.

2.You cannot change your husband. You cannot change your in-laws, and you can't change others in your community. As much as you want to, you just can't. But you can change yourself. You asked where you turn to... You turn to the pages in your Bible and you turn to Jesus. A great book I have read (other than the Bible) is "The Power of the Praying Wife." This is the first point of the whole book. You can pray for your husband to change, for your marriage to change, but ultimately, you cannot change them yourself. So focus on what you can change. You can change yourself, your attitudes, your feelings, your thoughts... not necessarily on your own, but with the help of the Lord. Seek first the Kingdom of God... put the Lord first in your life and trust that He knows what is best for you.

Pray to the Lord and then read these verses.
                Jeremiah 29:11 tells us "I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope."

Matthew 6:33 - Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

Psalm 71:20-21 - You, who have shown me great and severe troubles, shall revive me again, and bring me up again from the depths of the earth. You shall increase my greatness, and comfort me on every side.

1 Peter 1:6-7 You have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Galatians 6:9 - Let us not grow weary while doing goo, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.

Originally posted by ConqueredbyLove
                Even sheep fall down sometimes...But Jesus picks them up as they can't pick up themselves

Comment

I believe the reason that I keep getting rejection lies in the clique-ishness of the people in this community. For one thing, if you don't have money, you're nothing here. For another, if one wretch doesn't like you, then her whole clique treats you horribly. It might be that your clothes aren't "good enough", or your hair isn't right, or you smiled wrong, or you....you get the picture. I once had someone tell me I must have bought my clothes at a junk shop. For the record, my clothes are clean and they are fine. I am outgoing and friendly. I honestly can't figure it out.

It's pretty bad when the minister is friendly toward you until you stop going to that church and then treats you like garbage. That ain't my fault; it's his.

I've tried numerous times, over the 8 years I've been suffering, to refocus and put God first, have a happy attitude, etc etc etc. It never works. My illness makes it almost impossible to "have a life". Working is out of the question. I "look" normal, but I'm far from it.

jdarnall, I think God is torturing me:

God, in all His power, can heal me if He wants to. He obviously doesn't want to, because if He did, I would be cured. Therefore, the way I see it, He wants me to suffer. So I do. I think that's incredibly cruel. I think it also flies in the face of that so-called Free Will. I see it as God torturing me in order to force me to do what He wants me to do (come closer to Him???). That ain't free will. It's cruel coersion. How is that loving? It ain't. It's hateful to the core.

Faith comes and goes. I try so hard for so long and, after suffering so long, I get angry and my faith goes bye bye. I can't help it. No matter what you tell me, I can't help it that all this garbage makes me very hurt and angry. He doesn't do this to everybody, so why me? Why make me the Loser in this cruel vicious game? I feel like He is playing with my life. I can't help feeling this way. I don't want to. It makes me afraid. I don't want to make God mad. I don't want to blame Him. I just can't help it.

Aside from the illness, loneliness is a horrible thing to deal with. It's awful. Sometimes I think it's much worse than the physical ailment. It's crippling.

What do you do when God's answer is ALWAYS no and the suffering doesn't ever stop? Who WOULDN'T be bitter and angry? Who wouldn't be hurt?

On top of the physical ailment and the crippling loneliness that never goes away, my mother in law had to do her best to turn my husband against me and ruin my marriage. He was the ONLY friend I had and we were very close. She destroyed that. Yes, I know he had a part in that, but if she just wouldn't have tried to control, manipulate and destroy because I wouldn't obey her, our marriage would still be my sanctuary and my husband still my best friend. Again, who wouldn't be angry?

I'm not going to say what my physical ailment is. I'm not comforable doing that. Believe me when I say that people gasp and immediately feel very grateful that they don't have such a problem. Many people have told me that they've never known anybody with this kind of hell.

Yeah, makes me feel GREAT to be the pawn that is used in order to make other people feel grateful. If God would have given me the choice of either being created to live this hell or else never created, I would have chosen never to be created.

How do I get past this and get God's answer to be Yes to cure me? How? It isn't right for God to keep on torturing somebody who is clueless as to what He wants. I don't "get" it. I've tried everything I can think of. I'm bitter and angry because none of it has worked and I've given up now. After 8 years of this hell, I just give up. What do you do when you've tried everything you can think of?

Maybe I'm at the Point Of No Return, as far as faith is concerned. I just don't know.

Comment

I am genuinely sorry you feel so miserable, , may I suggest you step back here and read your own words?

I don't "get" it. I've tried everything I can think of. I'm bitter and angry because none of it has worked and I've given up now. After 8 years of this hell, I just give up. What do you do when you've tried everything you can think of?
                    Your answer is in these words..you have been negotiating with God to abide by your terms Sis..perhaps it's time to stop looking outward at your circumstances and give yourself the chance to allow try what God has already thought of...

You sound so very angry and bitter about much..this makes you . not Satan and certainly not God your worst enemy when it comes to much but I understand why when it feels like we are drowning in a sea of hurt, and am sure there may be some legitimate reasons for your troubles that are not your fault..but this about how you chose to respond to them opposed to what you feel about them...

So what if the gals in that circle of women are a bit snobbish, why do you even seek their approval? You are basically agreeing with their errors by allowing them to get to you..Christ has dressed you in a wonderful robe of righteousness..you need to focus on His approval alone, and there you will find your solace and joy..not the dependency upon the temporary, superficial or deceptive facades of what the world calls 'good'..

Have you asked God to change and adjust your attitude and heart or just your circumstnaces?

Anger and bitterness can deeply affect any health condition Sis, the 'filled people', not the fulfilled people are the happy people in life..God does indeed lift them up and thru their circumstances even when it comes to illness and chronic pain...what you seem to need and may not realize it is a calmness of your spirit with all you have shared..

When was the last time you trusted God in spite of everything goin on in your life? Noah lived in the midst of a wicked people and was able to keep close fellowship with God.

Sis it's not the environment or circumstances but the heart, ours, that determines ones walk with God..He has not walked away from you..He never has..this this more about your response to Him..have you considerd this?

Jeseph lived in the house of his enemies and yet he never became so concerned with expecting God should remove him from the prison that he missed the lessons that God had for him to learn while in it..

God knows the lessons we need to learn, sometimes patience, submission and even self-denial..our strength comes when it is invested God's faithfulness and a maturity that recognizes if we have doubts , we are the ones who need to adjust, not God..

How can you hear yourself say I don't trust God, so this is why God can't be trusted and not wonder whats wrong with this picture Sis?..

Does it make sense or does this sound like something Satan would try to get you to believe so you give up?..I suggest to you that is the case here, now what do you want to do about it..what will you chose?
                    "On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand; all other ground is sinking sand, all other ground is sinking sand." óMy Hope Is Built on Nothing Less, Edward Mote

Comment

Sister, you have been deeply wounded and now, the enemy is surrounding you and filling you with many hateful thoughts. I too have felt abandoned by God. It was one of the harshest things I have ever been through in my life. But it worked in me, some of the greatest things God has ever done in me. One thing I have learned, God is not fair.

Was it fair for Christ to die for me? When I look at Jesus life and see what he went through, it is not fair!

May the Lord heal your wounded spirit.
                      Matt 9:13
                      13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
                      NASU

Comment

I'm not going to ask what your ailment is in order to respect your privacy but do you mind checking out these people and telling me if your ailment is worse than theirs?

http://bibleforums.org/showthread.ph...01#post1531101

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TUSbWQ3rZAs&feature=related

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...%20;&version=9;

Please don't take this the wrong way(I don't want to downplay your suffering, you're an important child of our Creator who loves you and I'm sad to hear when someone is so hurt, bitter, and angry) but chances are... that there are many people in worse situations and suffering more than you. Again, I didn't write that to be mean, it truely is out of love and the reason I point that out is b/c it might help you(and others) if you could volunteer some of your time to help those who are less fortunate than you... it would be a way that you could make others happy, yourself happy(and not lonely anymore), and give you opportunity to share our Messiah with others... remember the two greatest Commandments, Love God and love others.

Peace
                        Thus says YHWH, "Stand by the ways and see and ask for the ancient paths, Where the good way is, and walk in it; And you will find rest for your souls.
                        -Jeremiah 6:16

Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. - Matthew 11:29

Comment

With the exception of Job and Paul illnesses (or in Paul's case it might have been something else actually) rarely do we see God making someone sick or disabled in the bible. I really don't know why you even got it into your head in the first place that God caused your illness. The bible tells us that ALL of us would go through trials and tribulations. I am disabled myself and suffer from chronic pain related to my back and neck...I also have low blood sugar problems and deal with miserable allergies and an upset stomach (due to the meds I take for my back pain). I lost faith IN doctors...not in God. God didn't magically make some bones in my back not forum. This is a sin fallen world...everyone has some kind of problems they deal with..whether its emotional, mental, spiritual or physical.

I also have a severe learning disability which has caused me terrible grief over the years. I also have no real friends that I can hang out with and go to the movies with, etc...alot of that is because I am not good at picking up social cues. While its painful I accepted 'this is the way I am' years ago. My social life now is on the internet mostly. I am blessed with having a great close family though...which I thank God for many times. I also have a son that has multiple problems...I certainly don't blame God for his issues though.

Now I won't say I don't understand how you feel...I went through a horrible time in my life years ago before I became a born again Christian where I blamed God for what happened and was extremely angry with Him. Eventually though I realized what happened, happened because it was MY fault. My own actions caused this terrible thing...so why in the world would I blame Him? I finally realized that and made my peace with Him.

You obviously believe there is a God...enough to blame Him for everything...but you have no faith in Him. No love, no trust and don't really know who God is. You see Him as a puppet master...and a cruel one at that. Which isn't true! When Adam and Eve gave up their control over to satan in the garden, what would be expect this world to be like? Full of alot of pain and suffering...!

James 2:
                          19 You say you have faith, for you believe that there is one God. Good for you! Even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror.

Now we all know demons aren't saved nor will be in Heaven..yet they believe (know) there is a God.

There are many scriptures on healing in the bible...the person has to have FAITH first.

Matthew 9:2
                          Some people brought to him a paralyzed man on a mat. Seeing their faith, Jesus said to the paralyzed man, “Be encouraged, my child! Your sins are forgiven.”

Matthew 9:22
                          Jesus turned around, and when he saw her he said, “Daughter, be encouraged! Your faith has made you well.” And the woman was healed at that moment.

I could list many more. It seems you see God sort of like a Santa Claus...IF He fulfills your wishes (prayers) and does what you want, then you will believe...it doesn't work that way. Your anger and bitterness have you bound.. its like you are chained to those feelings about everyone and everything and you cannot break free to reach God...and you seem to only want to reach Him on your terms. Its not about you...its about Him. If you make Him number one in your life and ask Him what He wants you to do...put Him in charge...then things will start to change for you.

I will not say if you have faith you will be healed either...God does not heal everyone...but He does bring peace to those living with terrible illnesses.

We have a lady on this board who suffers from some extreme chronic pain...very disabling yet her faith in God only continues to grow.

Me and my husband need prayers for our hurting bodies2.....

You CAN ask God to help you with your unbelief and help you to have faith. Until then...nothing is going to change and you will stay stuck, possibly for the rest of your life feeling angry and bitter which WILL make your illness worse. Studies show 80-90% of our illnesses are caused by stress..but bottled up negative emotions. That makes heart disease worse...the risk of strokes go up and on and on...when I get upset and stressed it causes my back to hurt more and messes up my blood sugar more...hate that! So it benefits me to not get stressed out.

At any rate...I agree with the others, by hanging on to all this anger towards everyone and God, you are only hurting yourself. You cannot change anyone...but you can change yourself. When you start acting differently, so will others in response to you. You might think you are being nice to people...but as angry and bitter as you are, more then likely its coming out in some way...people are picking up on it and will respond in kind.

God bless
                          "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

Cats__Meow, You asked in the beginning for those of us who are strong in their faith to respond. You have expressed concern for those who are not strong in faith who may also read this. You are, at heart, concerned for others and this is good. Bless you for that!

Dear one, you may have felt rejected by others as we all have at times, but you are accepted in the Beloved! The enemy of your soul is trying really hard to convince you that this is not true!

As all of us here approach a special remembering of Our Savior's death upon the cross, and given that you have expressed yourself repeatedly as being a victim, repeatedly blaming God and others as I, too, have done at some time or other, it is my hope and prayer that it will help you as it always does me to take a moment to focus on what happened on that Good Friday so long ago and the words spoken by He who showed greater love than anyone for us.

"And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?" ---which means, "My God, my God, why have you fosaken me?" (Mark 15:34)

In faith I believe that Jesus loves you no matter how you feel about Him. Never forget: He died for you! You are His friend! Not only did He die but He rose again from death to give us the hope of New Life in Him.

Praying for you

Peace and blessings,

wiseoldowl
                            "The flowers appear on the earth,
                            the time of singing has come,
                            and the voice of the turtledove
                            is heard in our land
                            ." SofS 2:12 (RSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Mark View Post
                              Sister, you have been deeply wounded and now, the enemy is surrounding you and filling you with many hateful thoughts. I too have felt abandoned by God. It was one of the harshest things I have ever been through in my life. But it worked in me, some of the greatest things God has ever done in me. One thing I have learned, God is not fair.

Was it fair for Christ to die for me? When I look at Jesus life and see what he went through, it is not fair!

May the Lord heal your wounded spirit.
                              I agree with this. When we are wounded as you are, it's hard to see any good. I spoke what I did out of experience because I was the same way. No, it's not fair that you try and try and it seems like you just get beat back down. When I read your post it's alot like how I felt in many ways and what I went through as far as rejection. The hurt is so deep.

As for the towns people...if they are cliquish then you have to rise above that. I know I talk about YOU changing because many times we have to change our own outlooks before we can expect others to change. I'm sure you do love your husband but you are just very frustrated and I do know frustration. It hurts and that is where I really feel for you.

I want to address this more but can't right now due to work. I will address this more later...don't give up hope though.

Live your life in such a
                              way that, when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...

"Oh NO.... she's awake!"

Slug1: No, I have it so short I can't comb it to the side like before

cheechamia: ken...dear...honey...you have NO hair to comb on the side!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X