No announcement yet.

would Jesus ever torture.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion would Jesus ever torture.....

In Mark 5 it tells about a man with many demons, and the man when he sees Jesus falls to his knees and pleads that Jesus doesn't torture him. I don't understand that to be the Jesus I know.
    Any help?
    There is no better YOU than the YOU that God wants YOU to be.

1 Peter 1:3-5
    Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade—kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.

Originally posted by firstpeterone View Post
    In Mark 5 it tells about a man with many demons, and the man when he sees Jesus falls to his knees and pleads that Jesus doesn't torture him. I don't understand that to be the Jesus I know.
    Any help?
    Keep reading, Jesus is talking to the demon(s), who is named Legion. Don't stop reading at verse 7 but read the rest.
    Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Originally posted by Slug1 View Post
      Keep reading, Jesus is talking to the demon(s), who is named Legion. Don't stop reading at verse 7 but read the rest.

Slug1 is right.. Jesus is speaking to the devils or Legion that is possessing the man and speaking thru the man.. Jesus is not talking to the man personally... but the evil spirits.. and yes they will be Punished in due time.. and their fate is the Lake of Fire..

Jesus actually set the man free from the Devils.. after Jesus cast them out.. they found the man clothed.. and in his right mind & sitting next to Jesus.... cured and free from the demonic possession that had caused him to have supernatural strength and many other characteristics.... and the people marvelled and were afraid...

the man whom the devils had possessed wanted to be with Jesus and the Disciples.. he pleaded with Jesus.. but Jesus told him... Peace be unto you... go back to your town and family .. and tell them what Great Things God has Done for you... and he went back home and began to publish the Great Things God had done for him......he who was once a naked, crazy, super-strong person.. more than likely very vile and unclean in his appearence and when he spoke........who abode in the caves.. was Transformed by the Strong Arm of the LORD.. being set free from his prison and given New Life.. in Christ Jesus.. amen and amen...

truly the Kingdom of Heaven had come upon them... by this Miracle Performed the Son of Man... this proof by His Authority over the devils and the devils obeying Him...
      Many appear Righteous and Just because they say 'yes' to Jesus Christ , yet they don't do His Will.
      ------------------------------------------------
      Verily I say unto thee, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the Kingdom of Heaven before you do.
      The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying. YEA, I have loved thee with an everlasting love; therefore with LOVINGKINDESS have I DRAWN THEE.
      Jeremiah 31:3

Comment

thanks

great posts, thanks for the help.

I still am wondering why Jesus got sooo mad at the demons that he might torture the spirit beings and eventually send them to Abyss.

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade—kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.

Comment

I still am wondering why Jesus got sooo mad at the demons that he might torture the spirit beings and eventually send them to Abyss.
          Cause they're demons... that's why. We do the same to them in Jesus Christ's name during a deliverance of a person who is demonized as that man was... force them out.
          Last edited by Slug1; Jun 27th 2009, 09:31 PM.
          Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Here's one way of thinking of it

Hi firstpeterone!
            Thanks for your good questions!
            Any help?
            Originally posted by Slug1 View Post
            Originally posted by theBelovedDisciple View Post
            Slug1 is right.. Jesus is speaking to the devils or Legion that is possessing the man and ... actually set the man free from the Devils[/B]
            great posts, thanks for the help. [But] I still am wondering why Jesus got sooo mad at the demons that he might torture the spirit beings and eventually send them to Abyss.
            Different people will have different interpretations of this. The Scripture doesn't exactly tell us. However, my basic take, which I'm not 100% sure of, is this:

God is a God of love and mercy, and seeks to redeem and rescue His fallen creation. However, rational creatures (angels, human beings) have free will. God will not force us to do this or that, will not violate our integrity as spiritual beings who have our own will. Thus, in the end, those who do not turn to God in love and humility -- that is, in such a way that they can receive the good that God intends for them -- do not have it, because God will not force it upon them. They subbornly refuse to give in and let God heal them.

God is the author of our being, and the source -- ultimately the only source, and the only possible source -- of life, love, beauty, integrity, holiness, truth, and goodness (etc.). To know Him is to live, to serve Him is to reign.

God's nature is a definite and determinate thing -- He is what He is -- and God will not be (and in a sense cannot be) other than What He Is: He is utterly Himself, by nature and by choice and by integrity of being. God is love. He is true, faithful and good. He is the king, and Father, and source of life. And -- astoundingly -- He is very humble.

Thus, if some being with choice chooses to resist God, to rebel against God, and refused to give up that choice, that being is in a terrible place. The more it encounters God, the more it is pained by Who He Is: its resentments, pride, ugly attitudes and impulses, fear of truth, and dislike of His goodness, majesty, and love are utterly painful to such a spirit.

On the other hand, to be removed from God's presence is also horrible: to be utterly empty, without meaning and purpose, apart from love and goodness and beauty. Locked into itself and its own hideous impulses and thoughts and desires. Either way, the being or spirit or soul -- human being or angel -- who refuses to receive God and His goodness is in horrible trouble, lostness, pain, and destruction.

This is not so much because God decrees that, or is unwilling to help, as because that being is dead-set against God, and refuses His help, and the pain of having to change, and confront its own wickedness. "This is the condemnation, that the light came into the world, and people preferred darkness, because their deeds were evil."

Thus, I suppose, the wicked spirits are tormented because of their inherent self-chosen, stubborn inability or unwillingness to be with God, and the intolerable emptiness and unhappiness of their life without God, who is the source of all good things.

In friendship,
            Scruffy Kid

Comment

One must consider..........

Understanding who God is.. that He is Good and there is none like Him...

then understanding what Pure Evil is.. the arch enemy of Good and everything that stands for good... and those spirits who Promote and Propagate 'evil' and wickedness.. then understanding the Love and Mercy God has towards Man.. who was made in His image.....

then a person can understand why God is going to rid this planet and the Heavens of any stench of evil.. in the future.. and this means placing those 'evil' spirits in the Lake of Fire.. so that they may no longer come between man and Him... that it may continue as it was suppose to be in the Garden.. at the Beginning...

Understanding this and coming to the Revelation of it.. is done only by God Himself... and thru the Holy Ghost.... and thru this you will 'understand' and 'Know' Who He is.. and just how 'good' He really is.. and that in the future.. any 'evil' influence.. coming between man and God.. will be no more... this is why you see the 'fate' of those demons... for its God's will.... that they go where they go..
              Many appear Righteous and Just because they say 'yes' to Jesus Christ , yet they don't do His Will.
              Verily I say unto thee, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the Kingdom of Heaven before you do.
              The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying. YEA, I have loved thee with an everlasting love; therefore with LOVINGKINDESS have I DRAWN THEE.
              Jeremiah 31:3

Comment

really good posts

God is good!
                This site is good.
                Sometimes, I listen to sermons on line, by different teachers knowing only the title of the sermon.
                But here I can ask a specific question and hear great responses from godly people. Sometimes more than I asked for.

Comment

Working...
                X