Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why has God created us ?

Hi all,

I am new here and I have a burning question which I am not able to answer conveniently.

Does the Bible states the why of our existence? For sure God had a purpose (or desire) in mind when He created the Universe and all within.

Thanks,

Ed

Originally posted by rebel777 View Post
    Hi all,

I am new here and I have a burning question which I am not able to answer conveniently.

Does the Bible states the why of our existence? For sure God had a purpose (or desire) in mind when He created the Universe and all within.

Thanks,

Ed
    Ed

Welcome on this forum.
    You can read the book Purpose Driven Life, which I will not recommend.

We were created to worship God.

Exalt the LORD our God, and worship at his holy hill; for the LORD our God is holy. (Psa 99:9, KJV)

my God; in Him I will trust (Psa 91:2).

If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, NOW is the time.

Persevere, pray and be ready for the Return of Christ.

Comment

Hi Roelof,

God already created the angels to worship Him. Why the need to create another kind? Hence the original question remains.

Ed

Comment

This probably isn't exactly what you're looking for, but it's the best I can give you...Revelation 4:11 (NLT):

“You are worthy, O Lord our God, to receive glory and honor and power.
        For you created all things, and they exist because you created what you pleased.”

He didn't make us because He was lonely, or needed us, or anything like that. He just made us because He wanted to. As I've stated before when questions like this are asked, Isaiah 55:6-9 talks about God's ways and thoughts are not like mankind's...His ways and thoughts are higher than ours. Sometimes, we just don't know.

To me, the real mystery is not why He created us...but why He created us, knowing how awful we can be at times.
        θεοφιλε

Comment

God created us for His own glory, and I am glad He did.
          My Blog

Comment

Let the heaven and earth praise him, the seas, and every thing that moveth therein. (Psa 69:34, KJV)

my God; in Him I will trust (Psa 91:2).

If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, NOW is the time.

Persevere, pray and be ready for the Return of Christ.

Comment

yeah i agree with all the above posters...to answer your question about the angels maybe He takes delight in creatures that choose to worship(i.e. humans) Him unlike angels since they only carry out his missions without deciding right or wrong

Comment

Hi Roelof,

God already created the angels to worship Him. Why the need to create another kind? Hence the original question remains.

Ed
                Where does it say that God created the angels solely to worship Him?

You could read the Purpose Driven Life, but I don't recommend it, as an above poster mentioned. God created us for His pleasure; so we could be in communion with Him, so we could experience creation with Him.

All things were created by God and for God

Originally posted by IWantMoshiach View Post
                yeah i agree with all the above posters...to answer your question about the angels maybe He takes delight in creatures that choose to worship(i.e. humans) Him unlike angels since they only carry out his missions without deciding right or wrong
                You don't think angels have free will? What of the angels that worship God; I thought God didn't want forced (mindless) worship?

Comment

Hi all,

Thanks,

Ed
                  Did you sit down with God and ask Him? I'm sure He's more than willing to provide the answer.

Comment

I agree with the other posters here. The only thing I would add is that as a parent myself it means far more to me if my children choose to love me than if they love me because they have to and have no other choice. IMHO this is why God created humans. We can choose to love Him. Love, respect and worship given out of free choice means so much more than forced love ever will. Free will love and worship has an element in it that forced love and worship never has.

Comment

Originally posted by Souled Out View Post
                      Did you sit down with God and ask Him? I'm sure He's more than willing to provide the answer.

Amen to that!

If more people took this advise we would find more agreement than debate on these forums.

Great answer !!

Comment

Originally posted by Lars777 View Post
                        Amen to that!

If more people took this advise we would find more agreement than debate on these forums.

Great answer !!
                        Amen! Better yet, why don't people do this themselves and then post what God said to them to the rest of us?
                        1Peter 3:15
                        (BBE) But give honour to Christ in your hearts as your Lord; and be ready at any time when you are questioned about the hope which is in you, to give an answer in the fear of the Lord and without pride;

Comment

Originally posted by Naphal View Post
                          Amen! Better yet, why don't people do this themselves and then post what God said to them to the rest of us?
                          You mean like speak the oracles of God to one another? (1 Pet 4:11) For that is exactly what we would be doing if we spoke only what God has spoken to us.
                          Robin

Truth is so obscure in these times and falsehood so established that, unless one loves the truth, he cannot know it. - Blaise Pascal
                          And Jesus saith unto him [Thomas], I am the way the truth and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. - John 14:6
                          Discernment is not needed in things that differ, but in things that appear to be the same. - Miles Sanford
                          Those who compromise with Christ’s enemies may be reckoned with them. - C.H. Spurgeon

Comment

Hi rebel777, Isaiah 43:7 God created us for His glory. He created us in His likeness...we are his sons and his daughters, His children, his adopted children as heirs of Christ Jesus. He created us so that we might know HIM, love him and serve him. (God wants our friendship); verse 43:20 were are His people, his chosen.
                            "MAY THE GOD OF YOUR HOPE SO FILL YOU WITH ALL JOY AND PEACE IN BELIEVING THROUGH THE EXPIERENCE OF YOUR FAITH THAT BY THE POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT YOU MAY ABOUND AND BE OVER FLOWING (bulling over) WITH HOPE."
                            ROMANS 15:13 Amplified Bible

Comment

One

As Isaiah says, we are created for His glory. And Paul says that woman is the glory of man. So, if Christ is the perfect man and the Ecclesia is His Bride, than the reason for our creation is that we will be one with Him. Our Bridegroom!
                              sigpicLife! Just Live It!
                              http://www.lifeblog.co.nr/

Comment

Working...
                              X