Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easter Conspiracy: What the Church is NOT telling you about Easter & Passover

Easter Conspiracy: What the Church is NOT telling you about Easter & Passover

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S_m9so55FA

Have you ever thought about where the word "Easter" comes from?
    The Britannica Encyclopedia (1934) states:

“EASTER (es’ter). Ostara, or Eastre, was the goddess of Spring in the religion of the ancient Angles and Saxons. Every April a festival was celebrated in her honor. With the beginnings of Christianity, the old gods were put aside. From then on the festival was celebrated in honor of the resurrection of Christ, but was still known as Easter after the old goddess.”

Dictionary.com tells us:

http://dictionary.reference.com/features/easter.html

"Rabbits were part of pre-Christian fertility lore and symbolized the abundance of new life associated with Spring. The ancient German goddess Ostara (called Eostre in Anglo-Saxon) was accompanied by a hare, which may have been the precursor of the modern Easter Bunny."
    Christiananswers.net explains:

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-t020.html

"Basically, almost every vile, profane and idolatrous practice you can think of originated at Babel with Queen Semiramis, the Mother Goddess and Nimrod. As the people scattered from Babel with their different languages, they, of course, used different names for Nimrod (Tammuz) and Semiramis. Some called the Mother Goddess “ISHTAR” (originally pronounced “Easter”). In other lands, she was called Eostre, Astarte, Ostera, and Eastre. Other names for Semiramis, the Mother Goddess include: Wife of Baal, Ashtaroth or Ashtoreth, and Queen of Heaven. The Mother goddess was frequently worshipped as the goddess of fertility - and as a sort of Mother Nature and goddess of Spring and sexual love and birth. She was also worshipped as a mediator between god and man. Sexual orgies and temple prostitutes were often used in her worship and in attempting to gain her favor."

So why do you celebrate a holiday named for a pagan fertility goddess that used eggs and bunny rabbits as fertility symbols before Jesus even came?

You do realize that "Easter" was celebrated before Jesus, right?

Why do you not celebrate the holiday that prophesied the death of the Messiah, that actually occurred during the time when the Messiah died and rose again, and that the Messiah actually instructed us to "do this in remembrance of me"?

Why do you not celebrate the holiday that Jesus himself celebrated, and that Jesus will celebrate once again when He returns to this earth? (See Ezekiel 45-46)

If you do not know about Passover and what the Bible has to say about it, then you REALLY need to see this shocking YouTube film:

Why God? - Because He created us and He wants to save us

Originally posted by MeerkatMadden View Post
    Easter Conspiracy: What the Church is NOT telling you about Easter & Passover

Have you ever thought about where the word "Easter" comes from?
    The Britannica Encyclopedia (1934) states:

“EASTER (es’ter). Ostara, or Eastre, was the goddess of Spring in the religion of the ancient Angles and Saxons. Every April a festival was celebrated in her honor. With the beginnings of Christianity, the old gods were put aside. From then on the festival was celebrated in honor of the resurrection of Christ, but was still known as Easter after the old goddess.”

Dictionary.com tells us:

http://dictionary.reference.com/features/easter.html

"Rabbits were part of pre-Christian fertility lore and symbolized the abundance of new life associated with Spring. The ancient German goddess Ostara (called Eostre in Anglo-Saxon) was accompanied by a hare, which may have been the precursor of the modern Easter Bunny."
    Christiananswers.net explains:

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-t020.html

"Basically, almost every vile, profane and idolatrous practice you can think of originated at Babel with Queen Semiramis, the Mother Goddess and Nimrod. As the people scattered from Babel with their different languages, they, of course, used different names for Nimrod (Tammuz) and Semiramis. Some called the Mother Goddess “ISHTAR” (originally pronounced “Easter”). In other lands, she was called Eostre, Astarte, Ostera, and Eastre. Other names for Semiramis, the Mother Goddess include: Wife of Baal, Ashtaroth or Ashtoreth, and Queen of Heaven. The Mother goddess was frequently worshipped as the goddess of fertility - and as a sort of Mother Nature and goddess of Spring and sexual love and birth. She was also worshipped as a mediator between god and man. Sexual orgies and temple prostitutes were often used in her worship and in attempting to gain her favor."

So why do you celebrate a holiday named for a pagan fertility goddess that used eggs and bunny rabbits as fertility symbols before Jesus even came?

You do realize that "Easter" was celebrated before Jesus, right?

Why do you not celebrate the holiday that prophesied the death of the Messiah, that actually occurred during the time when the Messiah died and rose again, and that the Messiah actually instructed us to "do this in remembrance of me"?

Why do you not celebrate the holiday that Jesus himself celebrated, and that Jesus will celebrate once again when He returns to this earth? (See Ezekiel 45-46)

If you do not know about Passover and what the Bible has to say about it, then you REALLY need to see this shocking YouTube film:

And when one researches more of the pagan origins and traditions of easter - and discover the roots of eating ham, then one gets a clearer understanding of what an abomination easter is to Elohim.

The problem is that most christians and "churches" are so deeply in bondage to the man-made (and paganized) traditions, rituals and practices that they won't accept what you are saying.

They will react angrily because if they start to question easter, and then christmas - then they start to question the other religious traditions and teachings and that is wayyyyy toooooo scary for most.

But what they don't realize is that is when they will start to really experience freedom and power.

But there is an awakening happening, peoples eyes are being opened as they cry out to Elohim to know Truth.

YHWH, my strength and my stronghold, my refuge in the day of trouble, to you shall the nations come from the ends of the earth and say: "Our fathers have inherited nothing but lies, worthless things in which there is no profit.

(Jeremiah 16:19)

This prophecy is beginning to be fulfilled in an ever increasing way as more and followers of Messiah who, are dissatisfied with the religious establishments, cry out to Elohim and seek His Truth and ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglenester View Post
      And when one researches more of the pagan origins and traditions of easter - and discover the roots of eating ham, then one gets a clearer understanding of what an abomination easter is to Elohim.

The problem is that most christians and "churches" are so deeply in bondage to the man-made (and paganized) traditions, rituals and practices that they won't accept what you are saying.

They will react angrily because if they start to question easter, and then christmas - then they start to question the other religious traditions and teachings and that is wayyyyy toooooo scary for most.

But what they don't realize is that is when they will start to really experience freedom and power.

But there is an awakening happening, peoples eyes are being opened as they cry out to Elohim to know Truth.

YHWH, my strength and my stronghold, my refuge in the day of trouble, to you shall the nations come from the ends of the earth and say: "Our fathers have inherited nothing but lies, worthless things in which there is no profit.
      (Jeremiah 16:19)

This prophecy is beginning to be fulfilled in an ever increasing way as more and followers of Messiah who, are dissatisfied with the religious establishments, cry out to Elohim and seek His Truth and ways.
      Look at the other side of it. More people attend church at the time of these "pagan" holidays and get to hear the Gospel of our Lord or some message from the Word of God.

When I was a child my mother took me to church one Sunday per year. That was Easter Sunday and I enjoyed it.

Paul went into the Areopagus and preached to the pagan philosophers. They had an inscription on the altar that said: "TO THE UNKNOWN GOD". He said:

"The one whom you worship without knowing, I proclaim to you: God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands...."

Paul went on to tell those pagans about the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. Paul "robbed" those pagans of their heritage. Their "unknown God" became Paul's God. Some of the men who heard believed in Jesus and joined Paul (Acts 17: 16-34).

So hey, why not "christianize" a pagan holy day?

Comment

Most Christians know this actually, its not a big secret...the church picked these days to stamp out the pagan holidays..and its worked well since those pagan holidays are no longer followed. I don't worship this pagan god on easter, nor the one on Christmas either...I worship Christ alone. I think what matters is what is in our hearts just as the bible says...not the day.

Colossians 2:15-17

16 So don’t let anyone condemn you for what you eat or drink, or for not celebrating certain holy days or new moon ceremonies or Sabbaths. 17 For these rules are only shadows of the reality yet to come. And Christ himself is that reality.

Right before Christmas..right before Easter every single years these type of posts come up...which I think is sad as it usually turns into one big huge nasty fight. Some Christians do not do these holidays because of these old pagan days and that is fine...that is what they choose to do. I don't judge them for it but I think its wrong those of us that do observed the birth of Christ and the risen Christ should be put down for it simply over the date! Anyway that is all I am going to say about this cause I know how these threads go and its really not worth the damage they do.

God bless
        "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

Originally posted by thethinker View Post
          So hey, why not "christianize" a pagan holy day?
          On top of which, there is not a single day on the entire calendar that can't be linked to some kind of pagan festival celebrated in some part of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by MeerkatMadden View Post
            We already do. . . Who said we didn't?

Comment

I believe that its good to find out the truth about the holidays, regardless of how we celebrate them - or not.

Who knows? This little tidbit of information may plant the seed of salvation in some non-believer... who knows?

Knowledge is power. We need to learn all we can...
              Romans 15:30 KJV 30Now I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the love of the Spirit, that ye strive together with me in your prayers to God for me;

Comment

Originally posted by moonglow View Post
                Most Christians know this actually, its not a big secret...the church picked these days to stamp out the pagan holidays..and its worked well since those pagan holidays are no longer followed. I don't worship this pagan god on easter, nor the one on Christmas either...I worship Christ alone. I think what matters is what is in our hearts just as the bible says...not the day.

Colossians 2:15-17

16 So don’t let anyone condemn you for what you eat or drink, or for not celebrating certain holy days or new moon ceremonies or Sabbaths. 17 For these rules are only shadows of the reality yet to come. And Christ himself is that reality.

Right before Christmas..right before Easter every single years these type of posts come up...which I think is sad as it usually turns into one big huge nasty fight. Some Christians do not do these holidays because of these old pagan days and that is fine...that is what they choose to do. I don't judge them for it but I think its wrong those of us that do observed the birth of Christ and the risen Christ should be put down for it simply over the date! Anyway that is all I am going to say about this cause I know how these threads go and its really not worth the damage they do.

God bless
                AMEN!

Well said.
                Sometimes I think it's even worse to go on about how "pagan" it is to celebrate Easter and Christmas than to actually go to church on those days and Praise God for the birth, death, burial and ressurection of our Lord.
                Man looks on the outward, God looks on the heart.

Comment

Originally posted by HisLeast View Post
                  On top of which, there is not a single day on the entire calendar that can't be linked to some kind of pagan festival celebrated in some part of the world.
                  True...that includes the names of the days of our week!

The First Day: Sunday was named after the Sun god.

The second Day: Monday was named after the moon goddess.

The Third Day: Tuesday was named after the god Tyr.

The Fourth Day: Wednesday was named after the god Odin.

The Fifth Day: Thursday was named after the god Thor.

The Sixth Day: Friday was named after the goddess Frigga.

The Seventh Day: Saturday was named after the god Saturn.

JANUARY:

Named for Janus, the Roman mighty one of portals and patron of beginnings and endings, to whom this month was sacred. He is shown as having two faces, one in front, the other at the back of his head, supposedly to symbolize his powers.

FEBRUARY:

This name is derived from Februa, a Roman festival of purification. It was originally the month of expiation.

MARCH:

It is named for Mars, the Roman mighty one of war.

and on and on and on...

From this website: http://www.therefinersfire.org/days_months.htm
                  "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

I was wondering why we hadn't seen any of these threads yet, and what do you know . . . it has arrived!

Honestly, do folks really believe that we do not know this pagan stuff by now?
                    "What you do does not define who you are; it's who you are that defines what you do."

-- Dr. Neil T. Anderson

Comment

There are a lot of unbelievers and new believers - and then there are people like me - who do not know everything that is in any way possibly related to any and all aspects of religion.

Then there are some people - lots of new people - from one holiday to the next. Aside from the thousands of visitors who come by every single day, looking for answers.

It would be a lot more productive of all you Einsteins if you would just let the rest of us learn what we can learn... after all, this is why we are all here.
                      Romans 15:30 KJV 30Now I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the love of the Spirit, that ye strive together with me in your prayers to God for me;

Comment

Originally posted by HisLeast View Post
                        But Jesus' death and resurrection is commemorated and preached on
                        "Easter" Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by thethinker View Post
                          But Jesus' death and resurrection is commemorated and preached on
                          "Easter" Sunday.
                          I don't have a problem with people choosing any of the 365 days to preach Messiah. It would be nice, however, if believers celebrated the sacrifice of our Passover Lamb....well, on Passover which this year isn't until next month.

God Bless!
                          II Timothy 2:15
                          Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
                          Read My Testimony sigpic Visit Our Website

Comment

Originally posted by menJesus View Post
                            There are a lot of unbelievers and new believers - and then there are people like me - who do not know everything that is in any way possibly related to any and all aspects of religion.

Then there are some people - lots of new people - from one holiday to the next. Aside from the thousands of visitors who come by every single day, looking for answers.

It would be a lot more productive of all you Einsteins if you would just let the rest of us learn what we can learn... after all, this is why we are all here.
                            You are right you have a right to learn this stuff...I never heard of this stuff until I became a member on here...which was in 02 and seeing it every year, it just gets old and its like an attack on our faith. I was very hurt when I first read this stuff actually and felt like some people wanted to do away with us recognizing Jesus in anyway, especially having certain special days set aside such as celebrating His birth, His death and His rising. It was like...ok it was actually Christians doing more to stop our celebrations then atheists actually which made totally no sense to me!

Now I can't go anywhere on the net without seeing this kind of stuff...the atheist love pointing it out to try to undermine our faith and it furthers their cause that the life of Jesus is just a copy of these other pagan gods. This is something I personally battle against quite often actually. So while yes, you have a right to know....just understand why some of us are always so dismayed to see these type of posts. Its not a conspiracy, nor a secret though as the title says. No there is no scriptures that says we have to observe Jesus' birthday...though many did go to honor Him as soon as they could at His birth including the angels...and our whole faith hangs on the Risen Christ...so yea, to say we should just ignore it because of the day its on or because of its name, is making a long forgotten pagan god more powerful over us then Christ...and that would be sad indeed.

God bless

Comment

moonglow, if I were you I would not get overly concerned over what people say - after all, some people are going to say ANYTHING to us, in order to try to shake our faith...

Although some of us may "celebrate" with chocolate bunnies and colored eggs, no christian is ever going to forget the real reason to celebrate this day, one of the greatest days of all days...

Comment

Working...
                              X