I have a question about jesus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a question about jesus

If jesus wanted to could he have made it so he could live forever in his human body?But then again if he would have wanted it that way then how could he have brought us salvation?

Well I think you've answered your own question:

Matt 20:28 just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.”

Matt 26:24 The Son of Man indeed goes just as it is written of Him...

1 Cor 15:3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures

Jesus came to die and that was God's will and Jesus always obeyed the will of the Father (see Luke 22:42). However, because Jesus was sinless He was not subject to death as we are and therefore the only way He could die was if he willingly chose to give up His life:

John 10:17-18 Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father.”

Cheers
    Leigh

Comment

TEITZY is right.

He could have had it His own way.
      No, He chose to have it God's way.

There is an infinitude of difference.

Comment

Thank you for all of your replies.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorgblar View Post
          Thank you for all of your replies.
          I am interested in what you gained from it.

Care to illucidate?

Comment

Originally posted by Duane Morse View Post
            I am interested in what you gained from it.
            I just wanted to see if people thought jesus could make himself live forever or not.Why do you ask?

Comment

I just wanted to see if people thought jesus could make himself live forever or not.Why do you ask?
              Zorgblar, he asked because you often ask questions and then give the answer. Or you ask a question and sometimes don't come back to see what the answer was.
              Perhaps you are asking to start a conversation? I'm not sure.
              If you have a question, ask it. Many of us like to discuss questions about the Bible...
              .................The message of the cross divides the human race." ~MW~

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
              .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

Comment

What I got from the answer to the question was that God really does love us. And if Jesus didn't have to go through with it, doesn't it make it all the more remarkable that He did?
                Please could everyone pray for Mieke and Charles.

My testimony http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthr...ight=testimony

Comment

[quote=karenoka27;1576541]
                  Perhaps you are asking to start a conversation? quote]

Well yeah that is kind of the first thing i try to do.I try to get people talking in order to get feed back.

Comment

Originally posted by daughter View Post
                    What I got from the answer to the question was that God really does love us. And if Jesus didn't have to go through with it, doesn't it make it all the more remarkable that He did?
                    Great post and oh so true. It makes you realize how much we owe Him that we could never begin to repay.

Comment

If jesus wanted to could he have made it so he could live forever in his human body?But then again if he would have wanted it that way then how could he have brought us salvation?
                      Would a bird choose to be earthbound if it knows how to fly? It is not that He will be forever like us, but that we will be forever like Him. And given the better place that He is, 33 yrs here is longer than I would have chosen to stay!
                      Robin

Truth is so obscure in these times and falsehood so established that, unless one loves the truth, he cannot know it. - Blaise Pascal
                      And Jesus saith unto him [Thomas], I am the way the truth and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. - John 14:6
                      Discernment is not needed in things that differ, but in things that appear to be the same. - Miles Sanford
                      Those who compromise with Christís enemies may be reckoned with them. - C.H. Spurgeon

Comment

Well Romans 2:6,7 says "Who will render to every man according to his deeds : To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life"

In South Africa there is a well known preacher who teaches that we can obtain immortality through Christ, as death is the final enemy to be defeated. This may not have been the answer which you have been looking for, it may be more than what you expected, but you asked

Comment

Working...
                        X