How can Rev Wright be a pastor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can Rev Wright be a pastor?

I just do not understand how someone like Rev Wright can be a pastor. Any pastor that says the lords name in vain especially in the pulpit does not have the Lord in his heart. I am sick of hearing people repeat his remarks on news and I am not a pastor. How can the deacons of that church allow him to say such things? I know if I were a member of that church, I would not only leave that church, but I would have many words to say to that pastor for leading his members down a spiteful, hateful road!

I try to follow many different denominations of preachers, but I have never come across anyone like him. Are there many churches out there that preach this type of sermons on Sundays?

I`m with you, danield! But, how can he have a congregation??? Who is willing to sit under a man like that???

It sounds more like a militant group meeting, than a church meeting... reminds me of white supremists and Adolph Hitler and Jim Jones... and radical Islam
    Romans 15:30 KJV 30Now I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the love of the Spirit, that ye strive together with me in your prayers to God for me;

Comment

I guess anyone can be ordained and set up a congregation. If you surf Youtube and find videos of him preaching, his congregants seem really into his speeches too.

Comment

Oh my! I believe Obama has just effectively, figuratively, cut his own throat, here...

its going to be between Hillary and McCain, and McCain will win.
        Romans 15:30 KJV 30Now I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the love of the Spirit, that ye strive together with me in your prayers to God for me;

Comment

2 Timothy 4:3-4 "For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths."
          "Few men are born brave. Many become so through training and force of discipline"
          -Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead." - James 2:26

Watch This! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyheJ480LYA - Christian Artist Lecrae

Comment

ProjectPeter says this is kind of preaching is happening in a lot of churches. What a scary thought. This certainly makes me reluctant to go visit a new church.

One more sign of the last days???

Comment

Originally posted by danield View Post
              I just do not understand how someone like Rev Wright can be a pastor. Any pastor that says the lords name in vain especially in the pulpit does not have the Lord in his heart. I am sick of hearing people repeat his remarks on news and I am not a pastor. How can the deacons of that church allow him to say such things? I know if I were a member of that church, I would not only leave that church, but I would have many words to say to that pastor for leading his members down a spiteful, hateful road!

I try to follow many different denominations of preachers, but I have never come across anyone like him. Are there many churches out there that preach this type of sermons on Sundays?
              People follow that which they are most akin to.

John 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
              John 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
              John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
              John 8:45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

Comment

Oh my... I'm just listening to this idiot on Youtube. He's just said that Obama's not rich! And this isn't preaching, this is prosletysing. His only point about Jesus is that "He was a poor black man, in a culture run by and controlled by white people."

Is that what he gets from the Bible? Really?

I think it highly likely that Jesus was dark skinned... but do we actually know? And should we actually care? If God had thought it was important, wouldn't He have filled the Bible with descriptions of the skin colour of the various people in it? Now, why didn't He?

Oh... hang on...

Because it doesn't matter!!!

This guy's not into the Bible at all, other than as something to pick through like an old crow looking for scraps to sustain him. I know that there are white racists out there too, but this guy really is on a different planet from the rest of us.
                Please could everyone pray for Mieke and Charles.

My testimony http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthr...ight=testimony

Comment

Well hey...I mean if you want a good political foul mouthed Sunday morning church service full of bigotry, this mans your preacher....of course you should only go there if your black
                  (for the record, I have two black brothers and one of my closest friends is black and they wouldn't sit under this man!!!)

Comment

Wow, he equated Barack Obama with Jesus. . .

Comment

Oh my goodness! Why do I keep thinking of the words "false prophet"?

May God open the eyes of his congregation, and let them know the Truth.

Comment

If Jesus were black, how is it that he would be black and everyone around him would have been white? Sure, maybe the legionaries, but does anyone know what legion had jurisdiction of Judea? Who knows, it might have been one those legions made up of the local populace.

Were the Jews all rich white honky men? Does he believe the entire point was the sacrifice upon the cross or does he believe the point was that he was persecuted for being a black man praying at the wrong place at the wrong time and the rich white honky pig police showed up and had to rodney king him?

This is getting ridiculous.
                        The minstrel boy to the war is gone,
                        In the ranks of death ye will find him;
                        His father's sword he hath girded on,
                        And his wild harp slung behind him;
                        "Land of Song!" said the warrior bard,
                        "Tho' all the world betray thee,
                        One sword, at least, thy rights shall guard,
                        One faithful harp shall praise thee!

Comment

Gonna be "devil's Advocate" here:

Wright can say and do anything he wants to the point of not breaking any law.....which he kinda did by "supporting" Obama....As an American he has a right to do and say what he feels is right. Now their are folk here on this message board that will accept that my "Theology" is demonic in origin (OSAS, Rapture, etc, etc) So why should any one be offended with Wright?

Wrights "theology" is nothing new (Nothing is new under the Sun) and his concepts are nearly as old as Christianity itself. The Catholic Church has a White Jesus on the Cross.....Most of us have a Blue eye long hair hippy picture of Jesus in our house.

Done being "devil's Advocate" now.

What shows Wrights ignorance is that the "White" guy in charge of Jesus' trial found no Guilt in him.....and it was the *ahem* Jews (not being of the "white" race) that cried "CRUCIFY HIM!" and then let a murderer go.......

Eric.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by StarscreamX-2 View Post

Wright can say and do anything he wants to the point of not breaking any law.....which he kinda did by "supporting" Obama....As an American he has a right to do and say what he feels is right. Now their are folk here on this message board that will accept that my "Theology" is demonic in origin (OSAS, Rapture, etc, etc) So why should any one be offended with Wright?

Wrights "theology" is nothing new (Nothing is new under the Sun) and his concepts are nearly as old as Christianity itself. The Catholic Church has a White Jesus on the Cross.....Most of us have a Blue eye long hair hippy picture of Jesus in our house.

Done being "devil's Advocate" now.

What shows Wrights ignorance is that the "White" guy in charge of Jesus' trial found no Guilt in him.....and it was the *ahem* Jews (not being of the "white" race) that cried "CRUCIFY HIM!" and then let a murderer go.......

Wright can do and say whatever he wants for all I care. But if he's teaching from scripture, as he reminded his congregation in one of his videos, then he has to stick to what scripture teaches. His sermons are esiegetical, and that's completely unacceptable.

The different 'versions' of Jesus is a moot point, in my opinion. If we're doing something bad by having a 'white Jesus'. Then Wright is doing exactly the same in victimizing a 'black Jesus' (Of which Jesus would have been dark skinned, but not Black).

And yes, OSAS is demonic

Comment

WHAT???????
                              Wright can say and do anything he wants to the point of not breaking any law
                              OH YA EXCEPT GODS LAW. We can't have the attitude that preachers who profess to be saved can teach anything. This guy cant be saved though...
                              Xel, osas isn't Demonic, just not Scriptural...

Comment

Working...
                              X