length of Jesus' ministry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• length of Jesus' ministry?

Was Jesus ministry on earth for 3 years or 31/2 years?
    Thanks ahead of time.
    .................The message of the cross divides the human race." ~MW~

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

Yeah that's about right. That's what I've always heard. 3 and a half.
    This IGNORE button is by far one of the most useful tools I've used to keep my peace while navigating through some of the madness.

Comment

John counts either three or four major trips to Jerusalem, possibly passovers, and so many think, form that, that Jesus ministry was three, or a little more, years. If you look at the synoptics, many commentators have wondered if Jesus ministry was less, since they talk of only one major trip to Jerusalem....

I am of the opinion it was three, or a little more based on what John has to describe...
      God happens!
      'I Can Only Imagine'

Bless the Beasts and the Children:
      http://youtu.be/AhR36gV6vW4

On cautionary note:
      Originally posted by ProjectPeter
      When they say something... it is about anyone's guess what it is they really mean... but NEVER ask for clarification of their mysterious language... they are often very happy to give it and that's when the discussion goes FREAKY!

Comment

Generally, it is agreed that Jesus was born in the fall.

Passover was in the spring.

The gospel of Luke says that Jesus was "beginning to be about 30 years" of age when he was baptized and began his ministry. This would put his baptism, roughly, in the fall as well.

The gospel of John records Jesus attending three passovers. Each, of course, in the spring.

So fall plus three springs later, would be three and a half years.
        To This Day

Comment

Working...
        X