Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawsuits are not compatible with christianity

Lawsuits are not compatible with christianity
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God forgave us, not merely by forgetting or forgoing the offenses we have committed against Him, but also by sacrificing His life, in order to compensate for the offenses we committed against Him (Matthew 26:27-28). Forgiveness, therefore, is, not only to forget and forgo what our offenders have done to us, but also to bring healing to our offenders and compensate for the offenses they committed against us by our prayers and sacrifices.
    The scriptures are very clear about forgiveness and mercy. It tells us to be merciful, just as our Father is merciful (Luke. 6:36) and forgive others of their transgressions against us (Eph 4:32). In James 2:13 we are told that mercy is above law. In Matt. 6:14-15 we are told that we would not be forgiven if we do not forgive others. In the Lord's Prayer (Luke 6:12) we ask God to forgive us the way we forgive others. In Luke 17:4 Jesus tells us that we must forgive others repeatedly. In Luke 6:27-36 Jesus tells us to love our enemy, pray for them, do good for them, if someone takes our coat, give them our shirt as well, offer the other cheek if someone slaps us on one, lend and do not expect it back and be merciful like our heavenly Father. In Romans 12: 17-21 Paul tells us to not pay evil with evil, never take revenge, feed our enemy, not allow evil to defeat us and to over come evil with good. He further tells us in 1Cor. 6:7 that a legal dispute is a sign of our complete failure; and that it is better to be wronged or robbed than to wrong others or rob them.

Originally posted by arunangelo View Post
    Lawsuits are not compatible with christianity
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God forgave us, not merely by forgetting or forgoing the offenses we have committed against Him, but also by sacrificing His life, in order to compensate for the offenses we committed against Him (Matthew 26:27-28). Forgiveness, therefore, is, not only to forget and forgo what our offenders have done to us, but also to bring healing to our offenders and compensate for the offenses they committed against us by our prayers and sacrifices.
    The scriptures are very clear about forgiveness and mercy. It tells us to be merciful, just as our Father is merciful (Luke. 6:36) and forgive others of their transgressions against us (Eph 4:32). In James 2:13 we are told that mercy is above law. In Matt. 6:14-15 we are told that we would not be forgiven if we do not forgive others. In the Lord's Prayer (Luke 6:12) we ask God to forgive us the way we forgive others. In Luke 17:4 Jesus tells us that we must forgive others repeatedly. In Luke 6:27-36 Jesus tells us to love our enemy, pray for them, do good for them, if someone takes our coat, give them our shirt as well, offer the other cheek if someone slaps us on one, lend and do not expect it back and be merciful like our heavenly Father. In Romans 12: 17-21 Paul tells us to not pay evil with evil, never take revenge, feed our enemy, not allow evil to defeat us and to over come evil with good. He further tells us in 1Cor. 6:7 that a legal dispute is a sign of our complete failure; and that it is better to be wronged or robbed than to wrong others or rob them.

Deuteronomy 17:8 If there arise a matter too hard for thee in judgment, between blood and blood, between plea and plea, and between stroke and stroke, being matters of controversy within thy gates: then shalt thou arise, and get thee up into the place which the LORD thy God shall choose;
    Deuteronomy 17:9 And thou shalt come unto the priests the Levites, and unto the judge that shall be in those days, and enquire; and they shall shew thee the sentence of judgment:
    Deuteronomy 17:10 And thou shalt do according to the sentence, which they of that place which the LORD shall choose shall shew thee; and thou shalt observe to do according to all that they inform thee:

There is nothing wrong with going to a court which abides by the laws of God. Americas court system isn't perfect but it is based on the ten commandments and the commandments used to be in the courts...only recently has it been shunned and removed.

Paul speaks against going to judges and courts run by complete strangers. That is a shame but if something cannot be worked out privately then Christians should take it to court in the American judicial system.
    1Peter 3:15
    (BBE) But give honour to Christ in your hearts as your Lord; and be ready at any time when you are questioned about the hope which is in you, to give an answer in the fear of the Lord and without pride;

Comment

Yeah but then one has to ponder how suing someone is in line of forgiving another. But I'll say this... if you are getting just compensation for a loss from a company that you pay such as insurance etc... then that is owed you. If you are suing Bob Schmucky because his kid (neighbors) broke your window with the baseball... you need to rethink that stuff.

Visit our new website
      ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

A.W. Tozer said,
      "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.”

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectPeter View Post
        Yeah but then one has to ponder how suing someone is in line of forgiving another. But I'll say this... if you are getting just compensation for a loss from a company that you pay such as insurance etc... then that is owed you. If you are suing Bob Schmucky because his kid (neighbors) broke your window with the baseball... you need to rethink that stuff.
        If Bob is a Christian then he should pay for the window. If he refuses then the two should go to a mutual friend or Pastor...if it isn't resolved then you go to court.

Now if Bob apologizes but cannot pay for it because his wife has cancer and he can't afford it, then he should offer to help with his labor and you should pay for the parts.
        (BBE) But give honour to Christ in your hearts as your Lord; and be ready at any time when you are questioned about the hope which is in you, to give an answer in the fear of the Lord and without pride;

Comment

1 Cor 6:1-11

Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unrighteous, and not before the saints? 2 Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world will be judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters? 3 Do you not know that we shall judge angels? How much more, things that pertain to this life? 4 If then you have judgments concerning things pertaining to this life, do you appoint those who are least esteemed by the church to judge? 5 I say this to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you, not even one, who will be able to judge between his brethren? 6 But brother goes to law against brother, and that before unbelievers!

7 Now therefore, it is already an utter failure for you that you go to law against one another. Why do you not rather accept wrong? Why do you not rather let yourselves be cheated? 8 No, you yourselves do wrong and cheat, and you do these things to your brethren! 9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.
          NKJV
          Love In Christ,
          Tanya

Comment

I see no problem in going to court to determine if what I have purchased is within my rights to recover. I am thinking insurance or perhaps tax matters here. But when it comes to a personal confrontation with either a brother or a neighbor, I have no problem letting him have what he desires. Which is not to say that I wouldn't present my point of view, only that I would not persue it. I prefer to let greed do its work in the conscience of the one who is motivated by such things. And letting him win easily is the best way to see that happen. Those firey coals of guilt will be on his head not mine. And he is not likely to forget that I chose to not fight him. If people never see that there is another standard to live by, how will they ever become curious enough to desire it? And if he was my neighbor, I would make it a point to harbor no ill feelings toward him. The world expects one to lie and cheat and steal to get what they want. It can only amaze them when we do not respond in kind. And whether or not I am thought a fool, doesn't concern me one bit. And that is because I answer to a higher Authority than they do. So anything I can do to show them that is a good thing. Honesty, integrity, grace and mercy is what the world knows nothing about; and God would have us show them that these things exist - so that they might want it too.
            Robin

Truth is so obscure in these times and falsehood so established that, unless one loves the truth, he cannot know it. - Blaise Pascal
            And Jesus saith unto him [Thomas], I am the way the truth and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. - John 14:6
            Discernment is not needed in things that differ, but in things that appear to be the same. - Miles Sanford
            Those who compromise with Christ’s enemies may be reckoned with them. - C.H. Spurgeon

Comment

Originally posted by Naphal View Post
              If Bob is a Christian then he should pay for the window. If he refuses then the two should go to a mutual friend or Pastor...if it isn't resolved then you go to court.

Now if Bob apologizes but cannot pay for it because his wife has cancer and he can't afford it, then he should offer to help with his labor and you should pay for the parts.
              There are always ways to work things out generally... even if not a Christian neighbor. But then there's always that catch-all... even if there isn't... why not rather be wronged and drive on not fretting over it.

Visit our new website
              ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

A.W. Tozer said,
              "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.”

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

I've been setting here for the last little while running scenarios through my thick head and I cannot think of anything I could feel okay before God about taking someone to court over. I believe He is pretty clear that we should not dwell on the things of this world. Everything I have was given by Him and He will always make sure my family and I have what we need.

I have been in several courts over job related instances because of my secular position and the boards I have sat on and money never solves the real problem. The folks that I know whom have recieved settlements went down very rough roads after recieving more money than they had ever had. The end result was usually worse than the beginning.

Comment

Yet when Paul was falsely charged, he appealed to Ceasar. The difference being, that he did not expect to be set free. Rather it seems to me it was their guilt that was being set in place.

Two times when I was called to jury duty (but not selected), I was able to change the outcome. Once because of the answers I gave to the questions they asked me in open court - the case was dropped. And the other time as an alternate, I befriended one of the jurors and pointed out that the evidence presented did not support the charge, and they acquitted him instead, whereas before they were going off their feelings about him.

My point? Court is a great place to give a testimony and work justice.
                  Robin

Truth is so obscure in these times and falsehood so established that, unless one loves the truth, he cannot know it. - Blaise Pascal
                  And Jesus saith unto him [Thomas], I am the way the truth and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. - John 14:6
                  Discernment is not needed in things that differ, but in things that appear to be the same. - Miles Sanford
                  Those who compromise with Christ’s enemies may be reckoned with them. - C.H. Spurgeon

Comment

Originally posted by Mograce2U View Post
                    Yet when Paul was falsely charged, he appealed to Ceasar. The difference being, that he did not expect to be set free. Rather it seems to me it was their guilt that was being set in place.
                    Paul was also getting the highest platform in the known world to deliver the Gospel!

Comment

And that gospel can be revealed in many ways!
                      Robin

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectPeter View Post
                        There are always ways to work things out generally... even if not a Christian neighbor. But then there's always that catch-all... even if there isn't... why not rather be wronged and drive on not fretting over it.
                        To what extent tho? What if your neighbors son steals your car and it's gone? Should you not call the police?

Comment

Luke 18:2 Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man:
                          Luke 18:3 And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary.
                          Luke 18:4 And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man;
                          Luke 18:5 Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.
                          Luke 18:6 And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith.
                          Luke 18:7 And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?

Comment

Originally posted by Naphal View Post
                            To what extent tho? What if your neighbors son steals your car and it's gone? Should you not call the police?
                            Sure... he has broken the law and there is a price for that. Not talking criminal action here... talking law suits.

Visit our new website

A.W. Tozer said,

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

These petty lawsuits that are running rampant in this country are absolutely ridiculous. I'm suing you because you gave me a cup of coffee and I spilled it on myself and suffered burns. Of course you have burns. It's COFFEE! It's supposed to be hot.

But on the other hand, if I go to the hospital to have my tonsils taken out and when I awake I still have my tonsils but only 1 leg...

Originally posted by ConqueredbyLove
                              Even sheep fall down sometimes...But Jesus picks them up as they can't pick up themselves

Comment

Working...
                              X