Can Christians date Wiccans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Christians date Wiccans?

Are Christians allowed to date a Wiccan? I might try asking this girl out and rumor has it that she is a Wiccan, no one likes her, and I mean she is a nice girl just mis-understood I believe. Bad idea?

haha you sound like me, when i ask about dating girls who 'get around'. if you search your heart, i'm sure the anwser will come.

but i'll give you my thoughts. i'd say....don't. it's probly a bad idea. and if you don't intend on marrage, don't waste your time. .....yeah. girls....

pray about it.

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianKnight View Post
      Are Christians allowed to date a Wiccan? I might try asking this girl out and rumor has it that she is a Wiccan, no one likes her, and I mean she is a nice girl just mis-understood I believe. Bad idea?
      What does the Bible have to say?

2 Corinthians 6:14
      Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness?

You can be her friend, but you absolutely can't date her if she is Wiccan.

Originally posted by ilovemetal View Post
      haha you sound like me, when i ask about dating girls who 'get around'. if you search your heart, i'm sure the anwser will come.

but i'll give you my thoughts. i'd say....don't. it's probly a bad idea. and if you don't intend on marrage, don't waste your time. .....yeah. girls....

pray about it.
      I definitely wouldn't begin with 'heart searching'

Matthew 15:19
      For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

I think scripture is pretty clear in 1 Cor. 6:14. . .

Comment

From a Scriptural standpoint...

2Cr 6:14Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
        Thus says YHWH, "Stand by the ways and see and ask for the ancient paths, Where the good way is, and walk in it; And you will find rest for your souls.
        -Jeremiah 6:16

Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. - Matthew 11:29

Comment

Originally posted by Xel'Naga View Post
          What does the Bible have to say?

2 Corinthians 6:14
          Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness?

You can be her friend, but you absolutely can't date her if she is Wiccan.

I definitely wouldn't being with 'heart searching'

Matthew 15:19
          For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

I think scripture is pretty clear in 1 Cor. 6:14. . .
          Oops we were posting at the same time . Another thing to keep in mind is the story of King Solomon and how his pagan wives drew his heart away from YHWH and turned it towards pagan gods.
          Thus says YHWH, "Stand by the ways and see and ask for the ancient paths, Where the good way is, and walk in it; And you will find rest for your souls.

Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. - Matthew 11:29

Comment

Originally posted by diffangle View Post
            Oops we were posting at the same time . Another thing to keep in mind is the story of King Solomon and how his pagan wives drew his heart away from YHWH and turned it towards pagan gods.
            Ha! We did indeed. I agree, King Solomon is a good warning.

Comment

I agree with both diffangle and xel'naga...

Here is an interesting picture for you to ponder, directly relating to the scriptural reference already mentioned:

If you yoke a strong ox and a weak ox together in the same trace...the strong ox will never "pull up" the weak ox...but the weaker animal will drag down the stronger one...

God's word is clear in this instance...The OT is full of examples...You'd be dating her at your peril, IMO.
              Ιησούς Χριστός ο κυριος μου και ο θεος μου

****When the Lord opens a door, don't walk through it....run full speed; if it's the wrong one He'll let ya know...sometimes He just wants to see if you'll move at all!****

A Minister of God Ministry - Support and understanding for a Christian serving in the military

Comment

Well, I am not afraid of converting to witchcraft haha, I am pretty solid on Christianity to not go for Charmed.

Comment

Originally posted by mcgyver View Post
                  I agree with both diffangle and xel'naga...

Here is an interesting picture for you to ponder, directly relating to the scriptural reference already mentioned:

If you yoke a strong ox and a weak ox together in the same trace...the strong ox will never "pull up" the weak ox...but the weaker animal will drag down the stronger one...

God's word is clear in this instance...The OT is full of examples...You'd be dating her at your peril, IMO.
                  Deu 22:10Thou shalt not plow with an ox and an ass together.

Well, I am not afraid of converting to witchcraft haha, I am pretty solid on Christianity to not go for Charmed.
                  Are you familiar with King Solomon? He was pretty solid in his faith in YHWH, he's responsible for building the first Temple and many of the writings of the Old Testament... he was considered the wisest man, wisdom was a gift that YHWH gave him but in the end the wives turned his heart away from YHWH. So if the wisest man can fall...

Comment

Originally posted by diffangle View Post
                    Deu 22:10Thou shalt not plow with an ox and an ass together.

Are you familiar with King Solomon? He was pretty solid in his faith in YHWH, he's responsible for building the first Temple and many of the writings of the Old Testament... he was considered the wisest man, wisdom was a gift that YHWH gave him but in the end the wives turned his heart away from YHWH. So if the wisest man can fall...
                    Well, yall have made me think twice, but what if I find out she isn't a Wiccan, and just a atheist?

Comment

Well, yall have made me think twice, but what if I find out she isn't a Wiccan, and just a atheist?
                      This verse applies to anyone who isn't a believer...

2Cr 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

Unless you're an atheist then you will be unequally yoked.

Comment

Well, do you know how small that narrows it down to?

Comment

Yes; Christians only.

Comment

There's lots of Christian girls... do you attend a church or Bible study group?

Comment

Are Christians allowed to date a Wiccan?
                              Not according to the Bible, as others have shown.

I might try asking this girl out and rumor has it that she is a Wiccan, no one likes her, and I mean she is a nice girl just mis-understood I believe. Bad idea?
                              Yes, it is a bad idea. A very bad idea.
                              Love In Christ,
                              Tanya

Comment

Working...
                              X