Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The First Day: What Do You Do? A Post-trib qustion

Imagine this:

The Beast has revealed himself. Jerusalem is in bondage, with many casualties. The world now has to choose whether to accept that their Savior is now claiming to be God, or otherwise reject him utterly. Mind you, at this point, a great and costly war has all but depleted most of the world of it's resources of war. And on top of that, the one person that ended the war is the person who is now claiming to be God. The world, according to the Bible, will play along and side with their savior.

Now, you know that the beast is going to attack you and your churches. Your schools and homes will become political targets, mainly because you have chosen to follow Christ, and utterly reject the Beast. You and your children will be subject to assimilation or death.

The question I pose to you is this: What do we, the saints, do? I know that thjose who are captured will have to face death, and that the rest will basically run for their lives and create safehavens in which they can hide from the world governments. But I feel as though this question has not really been asked, and the ideas have not been explored.

I want answers with some real thought and reason behind them, because I believe that we must be prepared, and not just spiritually. There wil be survivors, because Christ foretold that there will be. We also know through Daniel and John that the beast will wage war against the saints. These are facts that a generation of believers will have to face, even if it is not this one, and by no means am I saying that it can not happen in our lifetimes.

So, what say you?
    Last edited by third hero; Mar 28th 2008, 01:05 AM. Reason: adding the last sentence

First thing I would do is change my viewpoint and I will make a post here stating that I have changed my viewpoint.

After that I will tell as many people as I can that this person is not God and to accept Jesus Christ and tell them the consequences of taking this man's mark. I will also try to not get captured as it would be possible to stay alive until the rapture. I would also see what I could do to help my fellow believers. Of course I would spend a considerable amount of time in prayer.

Comment

I have been thinking about this for a while, and it is hard to prepare fully for what may occur because we do not know exactly how it will occur. I will get to this later, but I listened to an interesting clip on focus on the family this past week. It was the first segment of a three part interview on how a lady who survived the German occupation of Denmark. It was so fascinating because she went in depth on how their entire life was completely turned upside down.

They did everything they could to save the Jews that they knew by hiding them in farms in the country side, and making up false ID’s that did not have the “J” printed on them which would identify them as a Jew. If memory serves me, they fabricated a pastor’s identification markings because they were the only men that were allowed to remain on farms. They had mandated all men to go work in factories in Germany. They distributed as many of these false ID’s as they could but so many still had to be exported to the death camps. They did not know for certain exactly where they were going, but the message was given to the Jew’s to that they had to report to a train station with only one bag. They left their house, their car, their livestock, businesses, everything they owned except one bag and given a one way ticket on a train to you know where.

At one point the Germans realized that they had more Jews in hiding, and they took out full page adds in papers that if the Denmark people helped the Jews they would be persecuted just as a Jew themselves and killed instantly, and that is just what happened to those who were caught. She also went into code phrases they used to try to hide things from the Gestapo, but you never knew who was part of the secret police because many of them were people they known prior to the invasion.

She had a book out and I am going to read it when I get the time, but it just reinforced my thoughts on how I could prepare for something like what is described in the bible. I think it is going to be very difficult especially with the advancement of technologies. Just think how many cameras there are now. We can get a speeding ticket in some cities via mail because you car was detected going to fast on the interstate. When the bible says that no one could buy or sale with out the mark of the beast I take it literally because it can be done easily. And with someone as evil as the anti Christ calling the shots he will be much harder on us Christians than Hitler was to the Jews. I just know we can never loose our faith in Christ even if we have to board a train! We just have to remain strong with the Lord!

God Bless!

Comment

Originally posted by cwb View Post
        First thing I would do is change my viewpoint and I will make a post here stating that I have changed my viewpoint.

After that I will tell as many people as I can that this person is not God and to accept Jesus Christ and tell them the consequences of taking this man's mark. I will also try to not get captured as it would be possible to stay alive until the rapture. I would also see what I could do to help my fellow believers. Of course I would spend a considerable amount of time in prayer.
        Nice to see you back, cwb! ANd to be fair, if I amn raptured as you believe, then I would complain about being wrong in heaven.

Now for the response. Your answer typlifies the answers that I would receive concerning this topic, bfor I have said that I would do most of these things myself. I guess I am trying to go deeper.

Let's start with the responses. A good believer would

1. preach the Gospel to all that breathed and warn the people to not believe the rubbish that the man called God is trying to push off on them.

Remeber, in Chapter 13, he will have signs that accompany his proclamation, including but not limited to standing in forbidden places, and killing two prophets that no one else could kill (Rev 11). It will be dificult at best to convince the people around you, let alone an entire town or even a matropolis that you are right and the one that ended the great war is wrong.

That said, it is our duty to spread the Gospel in any and every condition of this earth. We are not to shy away from death to proclaim the truth. This is what Christ did, the disciples before us did, and what we are to do, even if we are doing what is punishable by beheading. So, we all will have to continue with the work that started 2000 years ago.

2.Try to evade capture.

Survival at it most basic step. IN order to continue to spread the Gospel, one must be slippery. So, I'll just agree with that one.

3. (And the root of my OP). Do what we can to help our fellow believers.

This is why I asked the question, because we seriously need to define what w can do to help each other.

Therefore, while we are going to incorporate the first two answers, we seriously need to focus on the third option, because that is where we are seriously weak at. I have suggestions, but verses from the Bible keep causing me to change my mind, and as a result, I am now completely clueless about this third option. It is vital for us to cooperate for our own survival, But how? What can we do? What should we do? I personally need help with this one.

Please feel free to comment. And as cwb has shown us, this is not a question that is limited to post-tribbers, or premils. It is for all of us, because one of our POV's are going to be right, and the rest are going to be wrong, and it would be wise to assume that everyone is right and wrong, and prepare for the possibility of the post-trib scenario to be the correct one.

This is not a debate concerning which witch is which. I am not interested in debating pre verses post, versus amil versus premil. This is meaningless to me now. What matters is that all believer, no matter which camp they fall into, are prepared for anything, including a tyrant who wants nothing more than our faith, or our deaths.

Comment

Originally posted by danield View Post
          I have been thinking about this for a while, and it is hard to prepare fully for what may occur because we do not know exactly how it will occur.
          That is certainly an excellent point.

Comment

Originally posted by third hero View Post

3. (And the root of my OP). Do what we can to help our fellow believers.

This is why I asked the question, because we seriously need to define what w can do to help each other.

Therefore, while we are going to incorporate the first two answers, we seriously need to focus on the third option, because that is where we are seriously weak at. I have suggestions, but verses from the Bible keep causing me to change my mind, and as a result, I am now completely clueless about this third option. It is vital for us to cooperate for our own survival, But how? What can we do? What should we do? I personally need help with this one.
            I certainly do not have all the answers to that question. I am not sure how we will get food if we are not able to buy or sell without taking the mark of the beast. Maybe we will have to work for food. Here is a question I ponder though. Thankfully at this point in my life, I do not need any medication to keep me alive physically. However if nobody is allowed to buy without the mark of the beast, there will be some believers who will have life threatening situations without medication. Would it be wrong to rob a drug store to save the lives of fellow believers in such a situation? Also would it be wrong to carry a weapon to protect myself and other believers from those who would try to capture and kill us?

Comment

I certainly do not have all the answers to that question. I am not sure how we will get food if we are not able to buy or sell without taking the mark of the beast. Maybe we will have to work for food. Here is a question I ponder though. Thankfully at this point in my life, I do not need any medication to keep me alive physically. However if nobody is allowed to buy without the mark of the beast, there will be some believers who will have life threatening situations without medication. Would it be wrong to rob a drug store to save the lives of fellow believers in such a situation? Also would it be wrong to carry a weapon to protect myself and other believers from those who would try to capture and kill us?

Now, you see the dilemma that I have been thinking about. There is a plethora of potential UnChristianlike things that we will have to face if/and/or when the beast shows himself.

Consider this.

-The Beast will wage war aginst us.
              -We will not be able to live in a house, go to a grocery store, or get anything anywhere without that cursed mark.
              -If we do nothing, starvation and sicknes will inevitably overtake us.

Survival ends up being a priority. It will be very difficult, at best, to live and maintain your relationship with Lord Jesus. But more to the point, we will probably have to sin in order to survive. And that's where the problem comes in.

Elders needing medication. Do we just let them die?
              Children and families are starving and homeless. Do we let them be?
              mobs are overtaking our brethern. Do we do nothing?

What do we do? Our options are limited.

Moreover, there's yet another wrinkle to be ironed out.

Jesus warns us through John that those who gather for cvaptivity will themselves be captured, and those who kill by the sword will also die that way. Then he says that this calls for patience and perserverance of the saints. Here's the scripture in question:

If any man have an ear, let him hear.
              He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints. Rev 13:9-10

Now, my interpretation could be wrong, and I am hoping that I am, but it is that those who gather into captivity, or create safehavens in order to shelter and protect the believers, will themselves become captives. ANd those that fight against the beast would themselves be killed by him.

NOW WHAT?! If we create safehavens, they will be discovered. If we raise up armies to at least defend ourselves, we will be slain, and defeated. It seems hopeless.

I am not the type to throw in the towel before the fight even starts, but I feel as though we seriously need to see what exactly we are facing in the near, or not to near future.... if my POV is correct. Because if what I am seeing is correct, the three and a half years of the Great Tribulation is nothing short of ABSOLUTE HELL, the like which may not have even been seen by the original 11! It's that BAD!

Any ideas?

Comment

In this situation we would be at war. Breaking and entering a drugstore for needed medications would be spoils of war. When we look at the OT and all the battles that were fought, in most cases they were allowed to take the spoils. I don't think this would be any different.
                His Servant,
                Sonshine

Comment

Now, you see the dilemma that I have been thinking about. There is a plethora of potential UnChristianlike things that we will have to face if/and/or when the beast shows himself.

Consider this.

-The Beast will wage war aginst us.
                  -We will not be able to live in a house, go to a grocery store, or get anything anywhere without that cursed mark.
                  -If we do nothing, starvation and sicknes will inevitably overtake us.

Survival ends up being a priority. It will be very difficult, at best, to live and maintain your relationship with Lord Jesus. But more to the point, we will probably have to sin in order to survive. And that's where the problem comes in.

Elders needing medication. Do we just let them die?
                  Children and families are starving and homeless. Do we let them be?
                  mobs are overtaking our brethern. Do we do nothing?

What do we do? Our options are limited.

Moreover, there's yet another wrinkle to be ironed out.

Jesus warns us through John that those who gather for cvaptivity will themselves be captured, and those who kill by the sword will also die that way. Then he says that this calls for patience and perserverance of the saints. Here's the scripture in question:

If any man have an ear, let him hear.
                  He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints. Rev 13:9-10

Now, my interpretation could be wrong, and I am hoping that I am, but it is that those who gather into captivity, or create safehavens in order to shelter and protect the believers, will themselves become captives. ANd those that fight against the beast would themselves be killed by him.

NOW WHAT?! If we create safehavens, they will be discovered. If we raise up armies to at least defend ourselves, we will be slain, and defeated. It seems hopeless.

I am not the type to throw in the towel before the fight even starts, but I feel as though we seriously need to see what exactly we are facing in the near, or not to near future.... if my POV is correct. Because if what I am seeing is correct, the three and a half years of the Great Tribulation is nothing short of ABSOLUTE HELL, the like which may not have even been seen by the original 11! It's that BAD!

Any ideas?
                  I have never taken that verse in Revelation 13 to mean what you said. I have always taken the "he" in that verse to be speaking about the beast and his army. I have always read that verse to be saying, look the beast may be killing and taking into captivity now but when Christ returns he will be killed and taken into cativity. Therefore the saints should have patience in waiting for the return of the Lord.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonshine View Post
                    In this situation we would be at war. Breaking and entering a drugstore for needed medications would be spoils of war. When we look at the OT and all the battles that were fought, in most cases they were allowed to take the spoils. I don't think this would be any different.
                    good point.

Originally Posted by third hero
                    But more to the point, we will probably have to sin in order to survive. And that's where the problem comes in.
                    I do not know that God would consider it a sin to get medications from a drug store or food to save yours and other believers lives.

Comment

God will still be God. He fed Elijah by placing him at a pool of water and he sent birds to him every day to feast on. And when the drought came and the pool dried up, God sent Elijah to a poor widow woman's house for his survival. But she only had enough food for one last meager meal for her and her son.

But God grew the oil in her pots and the meal so that she ran out of pots and had to borrow pots from all over the neighberhood to put it all in. When she had enough to last her the duration of the 3 1/2 years drought, the oil stayed, the Bible says.

The question we should all ask ourselves, Am I willing to be persecuted and even killed rather than compromise and not be persecuted and be allowed to stay alive with plenty to eat, etc.

The three Hebrew children wouldn't compromise in the face of death.

Daniel 3:14 Nebuchadnezzar spake and said unto them, Is it true, O Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, do not ye serve my gods, nor worship the golden image which I have set up?

15 Now if ye be ready that at what time ye hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, ye fall down and worship the image which I have made; well: but if ye worship not, ye shall be cast the same hour into the midst of a burning fiery furnace; and who is that God that shall deliver you out of my hands?

16 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter.

17 If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.

18 But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.

Look at the apostles of Christ:

Acts 5:40 And to him they agreed: and when they had called the apostles, and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go.

41 And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name.

42 And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.

The Apostle Paul gave up great riches and position in the religious communtiy to follow Christ and proclaim Him wherever he went.

1 Corinthians 4:11 Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace;

12 And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it:

13 Being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day.

2 Corinthians 11:22 Are they Hebrews? so am I. Are they Israelites? so am I. Are they the seed of Abraham? so am I.

23 Are they ministers of Christ? (I speak as a fool) I am more; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft.

24 Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one.

25 Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;

26 In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;

27 In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.

Shirley

Comment

I think this passage gives us a clue as to what will work during that time.

She gave birth to a son who was to rule all nations with an iron rod. And her child was snatched away from the dragon and was caught up to God and to his throne. 6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where God had prepared a place to care for her for 1,260 days.

7 Then there was war in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon and his angels. 8 And the dragon lost the battle, and he and his angels were forced out of heaven. 9 This great dragon—the ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, the one deceiving the whole world—was thrown down to the earth with all his angels.
                        10 Then I heard a loud voice shouting across the heavens,
                        “It has come at last—
                        salvation and power
                        and the Kingdom of our God,
                        and the authority of his Christ.[a]
                        For the accuser of our brothers and sisters[b]
                        has been thrown down to earth—
                        the one who accuses them
                        before our God day and night.
                        11 And they have defeated him by the blood of the Lamb
                        and by their testimony.
                        And they did not love their lives so much
                        that they were afraid to die.
                        12 Therefore, rejoice, O heavens!
                        And you who live in the heavens, rejoice!
                        But terror will come on the earth and the sea,
                        for the devil has come down to you in great anger,
                        knowing that he has little time.”

13 When the dragon realized that he had been thrown down to the earth, he pursued the woman who had given birth to the male child. 14 But she was given two wings like those of a great eagle so she could fly to the place prepared for her in the wilderness. There she would be cared for and protected from the dragon[c] for a time, times, and half a time.

15 Then the dragon tried to drown the woman with a flood of water that flowed from his mouth. 16 But the earth helped her by opening its mouth and swallowing the river that gushed out from the mouth of the dragon. 17 And the dragon was angry at the woman and declared war against the rest of her children—all who keep God’s commandments and maintain their testimony for Jesus.
                        I believe you will have to have a place in isolation in the wilderness set up for that amount of time in order to elude persecution. I think it would have to be self sufficient ie solar power type farm in a country that would not matter to the rest of the world! But I have not hit the lotto for us to make a place like that to hide everyone in! sigh I guess I will try for Friday night’s jack pot!!!

Comment

I have never taken that verse in Revelation 13 to mean what you said. I have always taken the "he" in that verse to be speaking about the beast and his army. I have always read that verse to be saying, look the beast may be killing and taking into captivity now but when Christ returns he will be killed and taken into cativity. Therefore the saints should have patience in waiting for the return of the Lord.
                          I agree absolutely, CWB!

That great Day is Coming! The return of our Lord Jesus Christ!

And oh what a day, glorious day that will be!

Comment

Originally posted by ShirleyFord View Post
                            God will still be God. He fed Elijah by placing him at a pool of water and he sent birds to him every day to feast on. And when the drought came and the pool dried up, God sent Elijah to a poor widow woman's house for his survival. But she only had enough food for one last meager meal for her and her son.

But God grew the oil in her pots and the meal so that she ran out of pots and had to borrow pots from all over the neighberhood to put it all in. When she had enough to last her the duration of the 3 1/2 years drought, the oil stayed, the Bible says.

The question we should all ask ourselves, Am I willing to be persecuted and even killed rather than compromise and not be persecuted and be allowed to stay alive with plenty to eat, etc.

The three Hebrew children wouldn't compromise in the face of death.

Daniel 3:14 Nebuchadnezzar spake and said unto them, Is it true, O Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, do not ye serve my gods, nor worship the golden image which I have set up?

15 Now if ye be ready that at what time ye hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, ye fall down and worship the image which I have made; well: but if ye worship not, ye shall be cast the same hour into the midst of a burning fiery furnace; and who is that God that shall deliver you out of my hands?

16 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter.

17 If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.

18 But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.

Look at the apostles of Christ:

Acts 5:40 And to him they agreed: and when they had called the apostles, and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go.

41 And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name.

42 And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.

The Apostle Paul gave up great riches and position in the religious communtiy to follow Christ and proclaim Him wherever he went.

1 Corinthians 4:11 Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace;

12 And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it:

13 Being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day.

2 Corinthians 11:22 Are they Hebrews? so am I. Are they Israelites? so am I. Are they the seed of Abraham? so am I.

23 Are they ministers of Christ? (I speak as a fool) I am more; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft.

24 Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one.

25 Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;

26 In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;

27 In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.

Shirley
                            So, what you are saying is to let God be God and try not to figure anything out until that time comes. I simply do not agree with that asessment.

Yes, God will still be God, and He will provide all of our needs. However, we still have responsibilities here. If it was not important for us to discuss this topic, then God would not have given us 2000 years of advanced warning.

I believe that He gave John Revelation for a reason. I believe that it survived all of this time for a reason. And I believe that that reason is so that we do not get caught off guard. The wait and see approach, although it sounds Christianlike, IMHO, is the same as putting our heads in the sand. Unlike a time in Elijah's time, the entire world will be hunting against us, and the poor woman that God helped during that time will either be in hiding herself, or a traitor against God, if she were to be in the time of th Great Tribulation.

We will have no help from other people at all, for those who take the mark will want to have us do what they have done, and will hunt us down as fervently as the officials in the governments. The only ones who could help will be the ones who have taken the proper precautions.

Therefore, I can not simpy accept the "God is God and we have nothing to worry about". I'd say that we have plenty to worry about.

I am not talking about what happens if caught. That's the easy part. Confess Christ as Lord and embrace death. Your fight is over and you won. I am talking about the survivors. It is not God's desire to let His people simply die of starvation or illness. He will provide, and I believe that He has given us the time to make the preparations. Consider Noah. Like us, He was given a prophecy. If He had have said, let God be God and let Him build the Ark, we would not be here today, for all of humanity would surely be destroyed at the flood.

So, help us figure this out! Because even if it does not happen in our lifetimes, it is GOING TO HAPPEN... if my POV is correct. I want our descendents to at least be prepared. And what if it does happen in our lifetime? It's going to be bad enough, why not take some time to prepare for it?

Comment

So, what you are saying is to let God be God and try not to figure anything out until that time comes. I simply do not agree with that asessment.

Yes, God will still be God, and He will provide all of our needs. However, we still have responsibilities here. If it was not important for us to discuss this topic, then God would not have given us 2000 years of advanced warning.

I believe that He gave John Revelation for a reason. I believe that it survived all of this time for a reason. And I believe that that reason is so that we do not get caught off guard. The wait and see approach, although it sounds Christianlike, IMHO, is the same as putting our heads in the sand. Unlike a time in Elijah's time, the entire world will be hunting against us, and the poor woman that God helped during that time will either be in hiding herself, or a traitor against God, if she were to be in the time of th Great Tribulation.

We will have no help from other people at all, for those who take the mark will want to have us do what they have done, and will hunt us down as fervently as the officials in the governments. The only ones who could help will be the ones who have taken the proper precautions.

Therefore, I can not simpy accept the "God is God and we have nothing to worry about". I'd say that we have plenty to worry about.

I am not talking about what happens if caught. That's the easy part. Confess Christ as Lord and embrace death. Your fight is over and you won. I am talking about the survivors. It is not God's desire to let His people simply die of starvation or illness. He will provide, and I believe that He has given us the time to make the preparations. Consider Noah. Like us, He was given a prophecy. If He had have said, let God be God and let Him build the Ark, we would not be here today, for all of humanity would surely be destroyed at the flood.

So, help us figure this out! Because even if it does not happen in our lifetimes, it is GOING TO HAPPEN... if my POV is correct. I want our descendents to at least be prepared. And what if it does happen in our lifetime? It's going to be bad enough, why not take some time to prepare for it?
                              I fully agree Third Hero!

Comment

Working...
                              X