Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question, what happens to someone if.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question, what happens to someone if.....

I was wondering what happens if someone(I'm not asking about myself) if someone has been told about God and Jesus but they just don't believe in God because it doesn't seem logical. What will happen to them if they die still believing that?

The first thing that will happen is you be totally surprised to find yourself standing before the One you don't believe in.
    All your 'logic' will go right out the window, and you will suddenly realize that all your wisdom and knowledge is nothing but foolishness.
    Then you will be presented with all the opportunities you had in life to believe and accept the free gift that God lovingly provided for you, which you turned down in the name of 'logic'.
    I think you get the picture.

Comment

They will stand before God without Jesus Christ as their Saviour.

Matthew 10:32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Consider it like this. We have the debt of sin. The whole point of Jesus on the Cross was to stand in substitution for our debt. So we either stand before God with our debt before us or we stand before God with our trust placed in Jesus for that debt.

What will happen to them? I believe the Bible teaches that they will be eternally separated from God.

God Bless!
      Watchinginawe

I Samuel 3:10 And the LORD came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth.

Comment

But what if, IF the person had proof of God they would diffidently repent and believe, it's only because of lack of evidence that they don't believe in God. So when they died and see God they would believe in Him. But someone on earth who rejects the gospel even when they die and see God they still wouldn't accept Him right?

Also, why did god create us with logic if if we use it we won't believe in God?

Comment

Originally posted by Bthings View Post
          But what if, IF the person had proof of God they would diffidently repent and believe, it's only because of lack of evidence that they don't believe in God. So when they died and see God they would believe in Him. But someone on earth who rejects the gospel even when they die and see God they still wouldn't accept Him right?
          There is ample evidence of His existence and love. The problem is not a lack of evidence, but a strong desire to not view that evidence as evidence.
          "Logic' is rather subjective. I view the existance of God as being entirely logical. Again, it depends on how you desire to view the evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Bthings View Post
            We have the testimony of Jesus Christ's birth, sinless life, ministry, death on the Cross, burial, and His resurrection and ascension.

Jesus said this: John 7:8 Go ye up unto this feast: I go not up yet unto this feast: for my time is not yet full come.

This all happened exactly when God desired it. Also, we have this:

John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

Jesus said that the Holy Spirit will be with man as God's witness. Those whose trust is placed in this world (the five natural senses and the knowledge thereof) will continue to not believe on Jesus.
            Originally posted by Bthings
            I don't think that is necessarily true. I use logic all the time and I believe in God. Maybe it is better said that those who place their whole trust in logic won't believe in God. There may be some who would even disagree with that, but I think it fits for the discussion at hand.

God Bless!
            Watchinginawe

I Samuel 3:10 And the LORD came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth.

Comment

this video is only a little evidence. and it's still alot.

http://christiannews.co.nz/2007/yout...-parts-1-to-6/

Comment

What came to my mind is the ending of the story of Lazarus and the rich man. Luke chapter 16: verses 19-31. Putting aside the begining of the story, for another topic & time - think about the ending.
                The rich man wants Abraham to send Lazarus to his father's home, to warn his 5 brothers.
                Abraham says they have the scriptures - our old testament, the law and the prophets.
                The rich man replies, that's not enough! They will believe in God, if they see a dead person.
                It ends with Abraham saying - if they won't believe scriptures, they won't believe a dead person.

The disciple Thomas wanted to see and touch the resurrected Jesus. When they came face to face a week later, Jesus tells us all - blessed are those who believe without seeing and touching - or similar, my words.

If you have heard the good news of Jesus Christ, you will either come to His light and repent or move away. God is pure Love and never changes. His judgement is Righteous.
                Please read as much of the bible as you can - it has a POWER of its own, GOD'S POWER.
                1 Corinthians 1:12-13 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos: and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.

Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptised in the name of Paul?

KJV

May the power of the Spirit of our God unite us. SofTy.

Comment

Sometimes people think they're being logical when the reality is they are being very illogical. For example, we know that things don't make themselves. Yet people think they are being very logical to believe in evolution instead of God. It is much more logical to believe that the things that exist around us were MADE by someone. The Bible does tell us that the creation itself declares the glory of God, and that through it, the attributes of God are clearly seen. So when a person dies and stands before God, thinking they will be able to claim that He can't exist because it is just not logical, they will see that it was they who were being illogical.

Interestingly, the Greek word "logos" is related to our word "logical." And the Bible tells us that Jesus Himself is the LOGOS -- the word of God, the expression of God. It actually is very logical.
                  Love In Christ,
                  Tanya

Comment

Psalm 19:1The heavens declare the glory of God;
                    And the firmament shows His handiwork.

Rom 1:18-21 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.

There is plenty of evidence of God's existence and the idea of a supreme creator being is entirely logical and rational when we consider the evidence. People ultimately refuse to believe in God, not because of lack of evidence, but because they simply don't want to believe. In Romans 1 Paul says these unbelievers "knew God" but they chose not to "glorify" or acknowledge His divine presense and attributes in creation, but instead ignored the evidence to justify their own sinful behaviour (and to ease their conscience) which the God of the Bible condemns.

Here's an article that provides some evidence for God's existence and the trustworthiness of the Bible.

Cheers
                    Leigh

Comment

wow, Thank you very much guys for all your relpies!

It's really clearer to me now !

Comment

Working...
                      X