This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will cause us to be cast out?

With regards to the following scriptures what will cause those that are in Christ to be cast out?

Jn 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it Abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye Abide in me.

Jn 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Jn 15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

Jn 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

Jn 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

God bless you!

Firstfruits

With regards to the following, those that commit iniquity/sin are not abiding in Christ.

Jn 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

Jn 15:3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

Mt 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Mt 13:41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

Mt 23:28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

We cannot be both!!!!!!!

Lk 13:27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Comment

Originally posted by Firstfruits View Post
      Mt 23:28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

We cannot be both!!!!!!!
      Our Lord has not suggested that we could or would be both. Evil and righteousness cannot abide together. Our Lord is speaking of those who are very religious but do not have Christ as their Saviour. This is exactly what the Pharisees were without reservation. Binding heavy burdens on others while not lifting a finger themselves. Commanding to eat or not to eat and making great pretense about their own holiness all the while they were lying cheating and stealing from God.

Those who have been placed under the blood of Christ are never again subject to condemnation. Those that make their own righteousness and deny the blood are never free from condemnation.

For the cause of Christ
      Roger

Comment

Originally posted by notuptome View Post
        Our Lord has not suggested that we could or would be both. Evil and righteousness cannot abide together. Our Lord is speaking of those who are very religious but do not have Christ as their Saviour. This is exactly what the Pharisees were without reservation. Binding heavy burdens on others while not lifting a finger themselves. Commanding to eat or not to eat and making great pretense about their own holiness all the while they were lying cheating and stealing from God.

Those who have been placed under the blood of Christ are never again subject to condemnation. Those that make their own righteousness and deny the blood are never free from condemnation.

For the cause of Christ
        Roger
        Does that apply even if they have committed iniquity?

Firstfruits

Comment

Does that apply even if they have committed iniquity?

Firstfruits
          False professors have no part in the kingdom. The blood of Christ cleanseth us from all iniquity and unrighteousness. Those who come to Christ He will in no wise cast out.

For the cause of Christ
          Roger

Comment

False professors have no part in the kingdom. The blood of Christ cleanseth us from all iniquity and unrighteousness. Those who come to Christ He will in no wise cast out.

For the cause of Christ
            Roger
            Are you saying that those that claim to be in Christ and sin whilst they are there, are false professors?

Firstfruits

Comment

Jn 15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
              We receive Christ by faith and walk by faith. We are in Him by faith. Faith is substance and evident not just something said.

Mt 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Lk 13:27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.
              Again faith that is dead is not faith.

Mt 13:41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
              That's kingdom of heaven not God parable of the sower. In the kingdom of God parable (Luk 8) there is no such verse because there are no tares (children of the wicked one) in the kingdom of God.

Comment

Are you saying that those that claim to be in Christ and sin whilst they are there, are false professors?

Firstfruits
                Absolutely not. We who are in Christ when we sin are not under condemnation unto death like the unsaved. We as believers are subject to the judgment seat of Christ where we lose rewards. Our works are put through the fire not our souls.

For the cause of Christ
                Roger

Comment

With regards to the following, those that commit iniquity/sin are not abiding in Christ.

Jn 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

Jn 15:3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

We cannot be both!!!!!!!

God bless you!

Firstfruits
                  Can you be specific about what point you're trying to make in this thread? Are you trying to say that if we sin even once after we're saved then we will be cast out?

Comment

Absolutely not. We who are in Christ when we sin are not under condemnation unto death like the unsaved. We as believers are subject to the judgment seat of Christ where we lose rewards. Our works are put through the fire not our souls.

For the cause of Christ
                    Roger
                    Are we not all under the same condemnation until we have confessed our sin?

1 Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Firstfruits

Comment

Originally posted by Sirus View Post
                      We receive Christ by faith and walk by faith. We are in Him by faith. Faith is substance and evident not just something said.

That's kingdom of heaven not God parable of the sower. In the kingdom of God parable (Luk 8) there is no such verse because there are no tares (children of the wicked one) in the kingdom of God.

No matter how much faith we may have, if we have sin that is not confessed, can faith alone save us?

Firstfruits

Comment

For the cause of Christ
                        Roger
                        Where is the difference when it comes to sin?

If we in Christ do the same sins as those that are not in Christ are we not worse than those that do not know.

1 Pet 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

The Gospel is the same for all, sin is the same for all.

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Comment

Originally posted by John146 View Post
                          Can you be specific about what point you're trying to make in this thread? Are you trying to say that if we sin even once after we're saved then we will be cast out?
                          What can we expect from God when we are disobedient to his will?

When we sin are not being disobedient to Gods will?

Firstfruits

Comment

No matter how much faith we may have, if we have sin that is not confessed, can faith alone save us?

Firstfruits
                            What if you commit a sin in ignorance? How are you going to confess such a sin if you are ignorant of it? Secondly, what if you died in the process of sinning and didn't have an opportunity to confess?

Doomed?

I do not believe salvation is dependant upon me doing anything like confessing every single sin that's ever been committed. In fact, Paul speaks in Ephesians like redemption and forgiveness of sin is something we have (past tense) in Christ Jesus . . . not something we get by confessing each individual sin.

Ephesians 1:7-10
                            In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence, having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself, that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth—in Him.

Notice Paul says we "have" redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins . . .

Not "In Him we get redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins . . . "
                            "What you do does not define who you are; it's who you are that defines what you do."

-- Dr. Neil T. Anderson

Comment

What can we expect from God when we are disobedient to his will?
                              Since Christians are disobedient constantly I'm resting in the hope of a little mercy and grace.
                              "What you do does not define who you are; it's who you are that defines what you do."

-- Dr. Neil T. Anderson

Comment

Working...
                              X