is homosexuality wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is homosexuality wrong?

i think im right in saying that Jesus never addressed the issue directly, does that mean we should still follow the old testament advice on gays?

I think there are enough threads on this board that you could find your answer too.
    .................The message of the cross divides the human race." ~MW~

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

Comment

wow, its a bit grumpy around here isnt it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Racso View Post
        wow, its a bit grumpy around here isnt it!!!
        Is it? I don't think so. There's a handfull of these threads on the front pages of several areas of this forum. There's also the search function at the top. She's not being grumpy, she's empowering you to find existing threads where the info is ready and waiting for you.

Comment

We've had a fair amount of questions regarding h*mos*xuality lately, so we're a bit tender, perhaps.

Anyway, although Jesus didn't address it directly, both the Old and New Testament do...and since we consider the Bible to be our ultimate written authority on truth, we follow Scripture.

In short, the direct answer to your question is yes, it's wrong. Take a looksee at Romans, chapter one, around verses 24-32. It makes the answer rather clear cut.
          θεοφιλε

Comment

My mum is gay. what should i do?

i know parts of the OT say stone 'em, obviously im not going to do that to my own mum! or anyone else.

whats the best advice here?

does doing nothing put ME in danger of going to hell too?
            Last edited by Theophilus; Apr 3rd 2008, 03:46 PM. Reason: Keeping other thread issues out of this thread

Comment

i think im right in saying that Jesus never addressed the issue directly, does that mean we should still follow the old testament advice on gays?
              Since homosexuality is also spoken strongly against in the New Testament, I'd say it is safe to say that it is still wrong and will always be wrong according to God's Word. Not to mention that common sense should tell everyone that it just ain't natural.
              "What you do does not define who you are; it's who you are that defines what you do."

-- Dr. Neil T. Anderson

Comment

i dunno man...

homosexuality is common amongst lots of animal species...

wron in terms of reproducing, but if 2 people love eachother, whats the problem?!

Comment

i dunno man...

wron in terms of reproducing, but if 2 people love eachother, whats the problem?!
                  It's not 'homosexuality' in the same sense we think it is. Appealing to the animal kingdom is known as the 'naturalistic fallacy'. Monkeys throw their own poop, does that mean it's acceptable for me to do the same? Seals have multiple partners and kill each other as a result; does that mean it's alright for us to do the same? Obviously not. Female praying mantises kill their mates while copulating. . . You get the idea?

The thing is, is that these people may 'love' each other, but they aren't 'loving' to its fullest potential. They aren't living life as free as they could be in Christ. It's like having a bit of the truth but not the full truth. Sure you still have that bit of the truth, but you could have so much more. I mean no, we don't go around stoning homosexuals, but as other posters have said the OT and the NT are very clear.

Comment

i dunno man...

Dogs for example do a lot of things that are common amongst them. Doesn't mean I would follow their example. I'd rather shake your hand than sniff. I'd rather take a bath than lick. Mind you... common among critters. But so what?

Visit our new website
                    ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

A.W. Tozer said,
                    "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

wow.

i respect your ideas, xel, but ive never seen that in the bible. it just says its bad, not why.

Would Jesus have condoned the stoning of homosexuals?

my heart says no, but my bible says yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Xel'Naga View Post
                        It's not 'homosexuality' in the same sense we think it is. Appealing to the animal kingdom is known as the 'naturalistic fallacy'. Monkeys throw their own poop, does that mean it's acceptable for me to do the same? Seals have multiple partners and kill each other as a result; does that mean it's alright for us to do the same? Obviously not. Female praying mantises kill their mates while copulating. . . You get the idea?

The thing is, is that these people may 'love' each other, but they aren't 'loving' to its fullest potential. They aren't living life as free as they could be in Christ. It's like having a bit of the truth but not the full truth. Sure you still have that bit of the truth, but you could have so much more. I mean no, we don't go around stoning homosexuals, but as other posters have said the OT and the NT are very clear.
                        Yeah... same train of thought there. This is one of those points used trying to justify the act and it has always amazed me. It's really lacking in common sense much less validity.

Visit our new website
                        ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

A.W. Tozer said,
                        "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

wow.

i respect your ideas, xel, but ive never seen that in the bible. it just says its bad, not why.

Would Jesus have condoned the stoning of homosexuals?

my heart says no, but my bible says yes.
                          Actually what Jesus would have done is told them to repent and turn to God. He'd of not condoned stoning, but in them changing their mind, turning from sin and turning to God instead.

Visit our new website

A.W. Tozer said,

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

no no no, because animals do something doesnt mean we should.

i was making the point that homosexuality is not 'unnatural' as a previous post stated. it seems to be just as natural (though less common) to humans and animals as hetrosexuality.

Comment

My mum is gay. what should i do?

i know parts of the OT say stone 'em, obviously im not going to do that to my own mum! or anyone else.

whats the best advice here?

does doing nothing put ME in danger of going to hell too?
                              You love her, and live a Christian witness in front of her. You witness to her gently, and as the Holy Spirit leads you.

As for your second question, I don't think it puts you in danger of hell, per se...but I know that since you love her, you don't want her leaving this plane of existence without knowing Christ...thus, you'll want to witness to her as best you can. Christ has directed us to spread the Gospel...and you need to start close to home, friend.
                              θεοφιλε

Comment

Working...
                              X