Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oprahs New Church

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Oprahs New Church

    Forgive me if this has already been posted, but I didnt see it anywhere. There is a new church thats goal is to "combine all the religions" into one great church. Its first meeting had about 200,00 members. The next week it was in the millions. The new pastor is Oprah Does this ring a bell to anyone?

    You can Watch the video here -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2DMSNUkLJo

    Oprahs site -
    http://www2.oprah.com/obc_classic/we...istration.html

  • #2
    Good links.

    I've been beating the anti-Oprah drum for quite some time. There are far too many Christians that buy into the "She's such a good person" smokescreen and are following her down the doomed path of new age spirituality. This "religion" does not accept the principles of Christianity or accept Jesus as the Saviour.

    Wake up Christian people! This is not the kind of person you want to be following or supporting.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by MrAnteater View Post
      Good links.

      I've been beating the anti-Oprah drum for quite some time. There are far too many Christians that buy into the "She's such a good person" smokescreen and are following her down the doomed path of new age spirituality. This "religion" does not accept the principles of Christianity or accept Jesus as the Saviour.

      Wake up Christian people! This is not the kind of person you want to be following or supporting.
      For sure. Its shocking to me how many people miss the glaring double standard. You should "be spiritual" but you shouldn't believe anything specific about God!

      Comment


      • #4
        Does it really affect your day-to-day life? How much does anyone in your local area care about this church? Uh huh, exactly, zilch would be my answer. Focus on the people around you, the people in your immediate 'sphere of influence', work on them before you tackle the masses, which probably will never happen(no disrespect). After all its... one step at a time. Later.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by starchild View Post
          Does it really affect your day-to-day life? How much does anyone in your local area care about this church? Uh huh, exactly, zilch would be my answer. Focus on the people around you, the people in your immediate 'sphere of influence', work on them before you tackle the masses, which probably will never happen(no disrespect). After all its... one step at a time. Later.
          Sweet sounding lies are a threat to truth everywhere, and it should concern us that such a misleading doctrine is gaining social popularity. If you want to restrict our concerns only to things we can immediately influence, then take a look at how many people within your 'sphere of influence' respect Oprah and think positively abou the things she does and says.

          No disrespect either... but exactly how SHOULD we react to theological poison in our society?

          Comment


          • #6
            In my experince people that say 'theology' don't really know what they believe themselves. They like to use big words that no one else can understand because it makes them look smart. I wouldn't call it poisin, because most of the people at this so called church probably aren't grounded Christians anyway. You shouldn't worry about it because it probably doesn't affect your day to day life anymore than i ever will. so...
            later

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by HisLeast
              but exactly how SHOULD we react to theological poison in our society?
              I know your question is not directed to me....but...we have to speak out, refuting it biblically. If we just stay in our own little circle and say nothing, this poison will spread.
              Come unto me all that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by starchild View Post
                In my experince people that say 'theology' don't really know what they believe themselves. They like to use big words that no one else can understand because it makes them look smart.
                You are painting with a very broad brush and making assumptions about others.

                I wouldn't call it poisin, because most of the people at this so called church probably aren't grounded Christians anyway.
                The people most likely are not Christian at all or at very best very deceived.

                You shouldn't worry about it because it probably doesn't affect your day to day life anymore than i ever will. so...
                later
                We should pray for the lost and deceived and speak out against the false teachers deceiving the weak.
                Come unto me all that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by starchild View Post
                  In my experince people that say 'theology' don't really know what they believe themselves. They like to use big words that no one else can understand because it makes them look smart.
                  Oh how nice of you to share that little gem of experience. The obvious implication being that I don't know what I believe and like to use big words.

                  Originally posted by starchild View Post
                  I wouldn't call it poisin, because most of the people at this so called church probably aren't grounded Christians anyway.
                  So we're clear.
                  1) Its not truth
                  2) It encourages no investigation into the truth
                  3) Its gaining popularity

                  Do you advocate keeping silent on this because the people involved aren't grounded Christians? How does that help them or the cause of truth?

                  Originally posted by starchild View Post
                  You shouldn't worry about it because it probably doesn't affect your day to day life anymore than i ever will.
                  Who said anything about worry? Speaking on behalf of the truth doesn't worry me at all.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Do you worry about the Jehovah Witnesess, or the Mormons, or the Catholics, or the Methodist, or the Lutherens, what about Muslims? There are way more of them than any Oprahlites around you, what about them, do you make it a point to study and understand their differences, what they believe and why? If you want a wake up call as a Christian walk to your local gas station and share Christ with the worker behind the counter, find out where they are at. What about your friends, family, and co-workers? You problaby give more thought to Oprah's church that doesn't affect those people than you do their lives and beliefs. Poison, puh, keep yourself grounded and the people around you and it won't be a problem. Later.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      And it may spread even if we do say something or react, but nevertheless the call of the Christian is IMO to make a stand against falsity in a Christ-like and loving way. Oprah I believe simply represents the element in our society that just wants nice feelings, nice stories, cuddles and giggles all around and feeling good and 'empowered'. Ultimately its weak and spineless, because there are no consistent God-based values in there, only man-based. Oprah does some good things but to find spiritual reality in some kind of all-church is just silly. How can the directly conflicting tenants of all religions be reconciled? Just because that sounds like a heart-warming story to Oprah fans doesn't mean its possible.

                      I think the bottom line is that this church has been present in some form for many years - just that the parishioners have been sitting on their couch from 3:00 - 4:00 pm each day instead of in a building.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Word of warning here.....discuss the topic - not other posters. If posts become personal they will be deleted and the thread will be closed.
                        Come unto me all that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by NHL Fever View Post

                          I think the bottom line is that this church has been present in some form for many years - just that the parishioners have been sitting on their couch from 3:00 - 4:00 pm each day instead of in a building.
                          I think you are absolutely correct.
                          Come unto me all that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I've been saying for many years that Oprah is a cult. It's just now official.

                            If someone is to make a huge stand against Oprah, it needs to be the followers of Christ starting with those who follow her - start pruning the branches. God will lead those who are willing to speak out boldly, with truth and love and without exception to those who follow this mess and deal with things as they ought to be dealt with. We simply need to stand up and be willing to be used. This doesn't go just for all this Oprah craziness but for all things.
                            Seek ye FIRST the kingdom.
                            Not second or third, but first.
                            Only when all else pales to God, when He receives all glory,
                            when He is the source of all hope,
                            when His love is received and freely given,
                            holding not to the world but to the promise to come,
                            will all other things be added unto to you.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by starchild View Post
                              Do you worry about the Jehovah Witnesess, or the Mormons, or the Catholics, or the Methodist, or the Lutherens, what about Muslims?
                              Again, who said anything about worry? If you're asking whether or not I'll stand for truth when speaking on similar topics with non-Christians, then the answer is yes.

                              Originally posted by starchild View Post
                              There are way more of them than any Oprahlites around you, what about them, do you make it a point to study and understand their differences, what they believe and why?
                              Yes I do as a matter of fact.

                              Originally posted by starchild View Post
                              If you want a wake up call as a Christian walk to your local gas station and share Christ with the worker behind the counter, find out where they are at. What about your friends, family, and co-workers?
                              I do this as well. I share the gospel with friends, co-workers, and strangers when I get the opportunity. I find your suggestion that I don't interesting though. Why would you suggest I don't?

                              Originally posted by starchild View Post
                              You problaby give more thought to Oprah's church that doesn't affect those people than you do their lives and beliefs. Poison, puh, keep yourself grounded and the people around you and it won't be a problem. Later.
                              Surprise! Another ad hominem. Exactly what would you suggest I do starchild? Shall we refrain from saying anything about this new Oprah movement. Should we hold our tongues and only speak when spoken to?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X