In The Twinkling of an Eye!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In The Twinkling of an Eye!

I have a serious question here... if our spirits go to be with the Lord immediately, when we die, and we all get new bodies upon Jesus` return, then what is the symbolism of the graves bursting open and our (buried) bodies (?) coming out?

Our spirit is with the Lord, unless we are still alive when this happens, and we don`t need the bodies we had when we died... so what is the symbolism of this?

It must be symbolic...

Thanks.
    Romans 15:30 KJV 30Now I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the love of the Spirit, that ye strive together with me in your prayers to God for me;

Originally posted by menJesus View Post
    I have a serious question here... if our spirits go to be with the Lord immediately, when we die, and we all get new bodies upon Jesus` return, then what is the symbolism of the graves bursting open and our (buried) bodies (?) coming out?

Our spirit is with the Lord, unless we are still alive when this happens, and we don`t need the bodies we had when we died... so what is the symbolism of this?

It must be symbolic...

Thanks.
    It is not symbolic.

2co 5:10For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

After which those that are worthy will be clothed in white the others will perish in their bodies. Note those covered by the blood are worthy however works will still be part of rewards given in the kingdom.

Mark

Comment

So when the rapture happens, we will be judged, and then taken on only if we are found worthy?

I always thought that it meant that we will be gone in the twinkling of an eye, like the Bible says...
      Romans 15:30 KJV 30Now I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the love of the Spirit, that ye strive together with me in your prayers to God for me;

Comment

So when the rapture happens, we will be judged, and then taken on only if we are found worthy?

I always thought that it meant that we will be gone in the twinkling of an eye, like the Bible says...

Would you agree that we are resurrected in a "twinkling of an eye" ?

Comment

I believe what the Bible says, and this is what it says:

KJV
          1 Corinthians 15:52
          In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Comment

I believe what the Bible says, and this is what it says:

KJV
            1 Corinthians 15:52
            In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
            alright.... so why did you mention a rapture? and did you get the answer to your question?

Comment

It must be symbolic...

Thanks.
              I think this needs to be understood in the context of what the rest of scripture teaches. That we will not need these old bodies, nor would we even want them. I think it is meant to make a point. All will be resurrected, some to eternal life, some to judgment. So even if the old bodies are resurrected, and transformed, we are promised new immortal/incorruptible bodies, so by the time we get in them thats what they will be.

We are also told that those who are still physically alive will be changed, so no need for anyone to worry about being stuck in some old ikky body.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ross3421 View Post
                alright.... so why did you mention a rapture? and did you get the answer to your question?
                I`m sorry - I don`t think you are understanding what I am talking about here.

Did I get an answer? Obviously not from you, but thanks, anyway.

Comment

It must be symbolic...

Thanks.
                  Maybe it is symbolism, I never really thought about it that way before. Some say that it's the soul reuniting with the body in order for the body to be changed. Of course in most cases, there isn't much body left in the graves.
                  -----------------
                  Scott

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.
                  Leave the rest to the Lord.

Comment

We are raised with incorruptable, heavenly bodies. Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God. What a heavenly body looks like - no clue, but once we are judged worthy at the last trumpet body and spirit are united.

Tossing out thoughts. For thought.
                    Seek ye FIRST the kingdom.
                    Not second or third, but first.
                    Only when all else pales to God, when He receives all glory,
                    when He is the source of all hope,
                    when His love is received and freely given,
                    holding not to the world but to the promise to come,
                    will all other things be added unto to you.

Comment

I always thought it was just our spirits from our bodies that come out, but thats not grounded in scripture, just a guess.

When Jesus came back to visit in His new body, his closest friends didnt even recognize Him, and had to see the scars again on his hands. So there will definetly be a big change!

Comment

The thing is, most people believe that once a christian dies, their spirit goes straight to God. So if this is true, then I don`t think God will put our spirit back into our old bodies, would He?

And why raise the bodies if the spirit has gone on to God?

Its just one more thing I am soooo curious about...

Comment

The thing is, most people believe that once a christian dies, their spirit goes straight to God. So if this is true, then I don`t think God will put our spirit back into our old bodies, would He?

Can't put new wine into old wineskins. Can't put a patch of unshrunk cloth on a garment.
                          Seek ye FIRST the kingdom.
                          Not second or third, but first.
                          Only when all else pales to God, when He receives all glory,
                          when He is the source of all hope,
                          when His love is received and freely given,
                          holding not to the world but to the promise to come,
                          will all other things be added unto to you.

Comment

Use Christ Himself as the model template.
                            • At His death on Calvary, His Spirit left His dead body and went into the Father.
                            • His mortal body, went into the grave.
                            • At His resurrection, His dead body was changed (in the twinkling of an eye), and raised incorruptible, immortal, glorified, and perfect.
                            This same pattern occurs for all followers of Jesus.
                            The only difference, is that where Christ waited 3 days to have His earthly body raised and changed; we must wait longer; between the times of our death; until His Return and the resurrection of mankind.

Comment

Originally posted by David Taylor View Post
                              Use Christ Himself as the model template.
                              • At His death on Calvary, His Spirit left His dead body and went into the Father.
                              • His mortal body, went into the grave.
                              • At His resurrection, His dead body was changed (in the twinkling of an eye), and raised incorruptible, immortal, glorified, and perfect.
                              This same pattern occurs for all followers of Jesus.
                              The only difference, is that where Christ waited 3 days to have His earthly body raised and changed; we must wait longer; between the times of our death; until His Return and the resurrection of mankind.
                              So then this would mean we are raised in the form of our old bodies which are no longer corrupted in sin but incorruptable.....Thus we will stand in the judgment as we appear now but less sin.

So the question.......do we also appear in the eternal kingdom as we do today?

Mark

Comment

Working...
                              X