Timing of the Rapture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing of the Rapture

Rapture = being caaught away to be with him.

Jesus ------------I will come and recieve you to myself
    , I shall raise you the last day,
    --Behold I have told you everything in advance
    --After the Trib of those days, I will come-
    -look up for your redemption draweth nigh.

And not only this, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body.

Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption
    Whats all this got to do with the rapture you say?

Everything

We are taught by Paul (according to the word of the Lord) that no-one will be raptured and precede to the lord, until the dead in Christ are ressurected..
    and
    Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom, but we wont all sleep,but we will all be changed Immortal , in the twinkling of an eye--at the last trumpet.

This puts the ressurection and the rapture after the trib, at his coming.

"Then they will see THE SON OF MAN COMING IN A CLOUD with power and great glory.
    28 "But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near."

Lets examine when this ressurection occurs, so we can know the timing of the rapture.

Heaven and earth pass away then ressurection?

JOB 14

But man dies and lies prostrate.
    Man expires, and where is he?
    11 "As water evaporates from the sea,
    And a river becomes parched and dried up,

12 So man lies down and does not rise.
    Until the heavens are no longer,

He will not awake nor be aroused out of his sleep.
    13 "Oh that You would hide me in Sheol,
    That You would conceal me until Your wrath returns to You,
    That You would set a limit for me and remember me!
    14 "If a man dies, will he live again?
    All the days of my struggle I will wait
    Until my change comes.
    35 "Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away.
    36 "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.
    37 "For the coming of the Son of Man will be just like the days of Noah

Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness,
    12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements will melt with intense heat!
    13 But according to His promise we are looking for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.

"If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself
    , that where I am, there you may be also.
    4 "And you know the way where I am going."

Enjoy the fireworks
    And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

and to wait for His Son from Heaven (whom He raised from the dead), Jesus, who delivered us from the wrath to come.
    (1Th 1:10) [Rapture before the Tribulation]

Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up [G726: catch away (rapture): plugged, pulled, take] together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air. And so we shall ever be with the Lord. (1Th 4:17)

my God; in Him I will trust (Psa 91:2).

If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, NOW is the time.

Persevere, pray and be ready for the Return of Christ.

Comment

1 Thessalonians 1:10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

"to wait for his Son from heaven", a future event

"he raised from the dead, even Jesus", a past event

"which delivered us from", a past event

"the wrath to come", a future event

Paul is writing to Gentile Christians in Thessalonica who had been saved under his and his co-laborers's ministry. And he tells them in v. 9:

1 Thess 1:9 For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God;

Paul is saying that these Gentile Christians have turned from idols to do these 2 things:

1. to serve the living and true God (v. 9)

2. to wait for his Son from heaven (v. 10)

"which delivered us from the wrath to come" cannot be speaking about a future rapture of the Church.

How and when did Paul say that "us" all Christians, were delivered from the wrath to come?

At the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

"his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come." (v. 10)

Our future hope is Jesus. We all wait for Him to come again from heaven and receive us bodily to Himself.

Shirley

Comment

If you believe in pre=trip..... Are you ready??
        The LORD is my Miracle

G_d was gracious He has shown favor

Hope is a seed
        God plants in our hearts
        to remind us
        there are better things ahead.
        -Holley Gerth

Comment

and to wait for His Son from Heaven (whom He raised from the dead), Jesus, who delivered us from the wrath to come.
          Hi Roelof

Im just trying to point out that the rapture cannot happen, until the ressurection .
          And the ressurection will not happen until the heavens begin to desintregrate.This has to be after all the tribulation that will happen.

The sun will not shine ,the moon is abashed, stars are falling. ----Then look up, for the ressurection draweth nigh.....and your rapture to the the Lords presence.

Its a consistant theme throughout the NT, about the heavens and the earth being no-more.

This is surely the place that the Lord has prepared for us...The new heaven and the new earth....the home of righteousness....The fathers house, where Jesus is now. -Jn 14
          And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

Comment

Delivered from -the wrath.

Don't slide the word - "all" in it.
            http://prophecyinsights.com

Comment

Originally posted by vinsight4u8 View Post
              Delivered from -the wrath.

Don't slide the word - "all" in it.
              "all" ..... what are you referring to??
              The LORD is my Miracle

G_d was gracious He has shown favor

Hope is a seed
              God plants in our hearts
              to remind us
              there are better things ahead.
              -Holley Gerth

Comment

Originally posted by ACCM View Post
                "all" ..... what are you referring to??
                People seem to look at 1 Thess. 1:10 as if the word "all" was in front of "the wrath" part in it.

They see this...
                "And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, {even} Jesus , which delivered us from the wrath to come."

People latch on and run with - There it is, see the church is not appointed to wrath.
                Oops - but what the church is not appointed to is actually any wrath that comes before what is told in 5:9.
                "For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ."

So the church is to be on the planet until Jesus Christ comes for her at the time of salvation. If the time of salvation comes after the great tribulation, then the church must endure it.

So what we need to do is - go searching for just what happens before the salvation point.

Rev. 12:10-11 shows me that salvation is after the time of those that love not their lives unto the death.
                The accuser of the brethren is cast down to the earth and begins soon to slay the very people that he was accusing before God.

Rev. 19 reveals that the great whorre city is avenged that kills the saints and then comes salvation.

Rev. 7:10 shows those that come out of great tribulation get their white robes and then is salvation.

Hebrews 9:28
                "So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many, and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation."

After the salvation moment at His return will later begin the vials of His wrath that the church people are not appointed to.

Comment

Originally posted by Roelof View Post

Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up [G726: catch away (rapture): plugged, pulled, take] together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air. And so we shall ever be with the Lord. (1Th 4:17)
                  1 Thessalonians 1:9-10 says nothing about a pretrib rapture, as I showed in post #3 .

The tribulation before the Second Coming of Christ is not God's wrath but Satan's final wrath poured out on the true Church.

1 Thessalonians 4:17 is the rapture/resurrection of the Church when the Lord at His Coming again puts an end to Satan's wrath once and for all against His Church by rescuing His Church and destroyed Satan and all those who reject Christ to follow him in the eternal lake of fire.

You need to read vs. 15 and 16 along with v. 17 of 1 Thessalonians 4.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

You believe that v. 17 is a pre-trib rapture verse.

But Paul makes it clear that he is referring to the Second Coming of Christ:

"the coming of the Lord"

"the Lord himself shall descend from heaven"

Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by vinsight4u8 View Post

After the salvation moment at His return will later begin the vials of His wrath that the church people are not appointed to.

That one simple sentence says it all and is straight to the point. This is exactly the wrath the church is not appointed to. This wrath doesn't occur during the trib. It occurs after the trib, after Christ has returned. Just like in the days of Noah, Noah and his family were saved, and at the same time, God's wrath was upon the wicked. God's salvation and wrath happen together, not seperately.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffweeder View Post
                      ...Im just trying to point out that the rapture cannot happen, until the ressurection . And the ressurection will not happen until the heavens begin to desintregrate.This has to be after all the tribulation that will happen...
                      Heavens do not disintegrate until the Day of the Lord. Peter made that very clear. Paul also made it very clear that the Church would not be in the Day of the Lord (1 Thess 5). The resurrection you are talking about takes place when the Church is gathered/resurrected/changed in the air by Jesus Christ, a fact which Paul made known to them right before his remarks to them about the Day of the Lord. The connection in context is unmistakable.

Comment

Originally posted by divaD View Post
                        That one simple sentence says it all and is straight to the point. This is exactly the wrath the church is not appointed to. This wrath doesn't occur during the trib. It occurs after the trib, after Christ has returned. Just like in the days of Noah, Noah and his family were saved, and at the same time, God's wrath was upon the wicked. God's salvation and wrath happen together, not seperately.
                        So you must see that the trib is over in Rev. 7 as to it is then when John saw those that came out of great tribulation?
                        "After this I beheld, and lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations and kindreds, and people, and tongues stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands."

We know that those getting the white robes have come out of great tribulation per v. 14. So the vials are to start after the time of great triulation has ended.

John at this Rev. 7 point is seeing lots around the throne of the Lamb.
                        all the angels
                        the elders
                        and the four beasts

I believe that the palms in the hands of those with white robes show that Jesus is coming to Jerusalem.
                        Here's my reasoning for that.
                        When Jesus rode into Jerusalem - as in He was coming - the people used palm branches.
                        and cried - Hosanna, which means - save us now

"Took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna; Blessed {is} the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord.'
                        John 12:13
                        also see Matthew 21:9, Mark 11:9

Jesus told His people of Israel that they would not see Him till they say, Blessed is He that comes in the name of the Lord."

Matthew 23:39
                        "For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye say, Blessed {is} he that cometh in the name of the Lord."

So let's say that Jesus comes in Rev. 7 - and all the angels and such stand about the throne.
                        Then couldn't later in chapter 8, when John speaks of only seven angels about the throne, couldn't he be going back in time to give us the story of the trumpets that 6th trumpet being till the end of the great tribulation?
                        Notice that in Rev. 11:19 the part of the trumpet story has now gotten back to where the time of Rev. 7 kind of left off - as in the temple in heaven opened.
                        Only -John doesn't here write that he sees men - that whole too big to count multitude, instead - John writes that he sees the ark.
                        John has brought us back up to where men are coming out of great tribulation is ending - and men will soon enter the temple in heaven.
                        Rev. 11:19- takes us back to the end of Rev. 7.

I'm posting this analogy as you know that the vials come after the rapture.
                        What if Rev. 8 - is just where John placed the trumpet story, but they don't actually sound at that time?
                        John saw the seven angels - that were given trumpets. They were given those trumpets back somewhere before chapter 8, even before chapter 7 ends.

Comment

Im just trying to point out that the rapture cannot happen, until the ressurection .
                          The ressurection of the church (the dead in Christ) and the resurrection of Israel are two different resurrections.

Comment

Originally posted by cwb View Post
                            The ressurection of the church (the dead in Christ) and the resurrection of Israel are two different resurrections.
                            CWB,

Where in the Bible does it say that the resurrection of Israel will be a different resurrection than the resurrection of the Church?

Comment

Originally posted by jeffweeder View Post
                              Rapture = being caaught away to be with him.

Jesus ------------I will come and recieve you to myself
                              , I shall raise you the last day,
                              --Behold I have told you everything in advance
                              --After the Trib of those days, I will come-
                              -look up for your redemption draweth nigh.

Whats all this got to do with the rapture you say?

Everything

We are taught by Paul (according to the word of the Lord) that no-one will be raptured and precede to the lord, until the dead in Christ are ressurected..
                              and
                              Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom, but we wont all sleep,but we will all be changed Immortal , in the twinkling of an eye--at the last trumpet.

This puts the ressurection and the rapture after the trib, at his coming.

Lets examine when this ressurection occurs, so we can know the timing of the rapture.

Heaven and earth pass away then ressurection?

Enjoy the fireworks
                              Snap!!!! Just done posting the same thing. Amen!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X