Total Obedience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total Obedience

Our pastor said today that partial obedience was total disobedience. This being the case does anyone know anyone who is totally obedient in every area of their lives?

If so what are they totally obedient to?

All Scripture?

New Testament?

I think Luke 9:23-26 explaining very clear, if a perosn wants to follow Christ, then a person HAVE TO give up everything what have, take up the cross and to follow Christ. That is obedience. If we refuse to take up the cross, then we do not obey God's command, and we cannot be Christ's disciple. Also, if we refuse to take up the cross and to follow Christ throughout our life till death. Then, we shall be ashamed before Christ and his angels at the Judgment day.

I believe "take up the cross and follow Christ" is requirement for dedicate life to enter eternal life.

We know famous old song- "We surrender all to Christ", we do sing the song several times, but the question is, do we actual practice it daily???

That why we are hyproscisy and we are not "doers".

There are too many "hearears" in the Churches today.

The fact is, too many "Many called" will not be a truly "chosen" at the end of their life. The truly few "chosen" who did make all the way throughout whole life till death because of full dedicate life with obedience to Christ.

I feel that, Christ would not accept these who are "partaically" obedience, like as they are "lukewarm" of Rev. 3:14-16. Christ would spue them out of his mouth, like as Christ would deny them at the Judgment Day - 2 Tim. 2:12.

I do believe Christ is interesting person who is serious full dedicate life to Him 100% with obedience, will approve person at the Judgment Day.

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

Comment

Originally posted by mikebr View Post
      Our pastor said today that partial obedience was total disobedience. This being the case does anyone know anyone who is totally obedient in every area of their lives?

All Scripture?

New Testament?
      Well, if we aren't obedient to God, we will find something else to drive us and be obedient to that. God or not of God.

Guess the best way to tell would be to look at what God tells us to be obedient in, examine our lives, and make the necessary changes in order to become obedient.

Conviction will lead us there.
      Seek ye FIRST the kingdom.
      Not second or third, but first.
      Only when all else pales to God, when He receives all glory,
      when He is the source of all hope,
      when His love is received and freely given,
      holding not to the world but to the promise to come,
      will all other things be added unto to you.

Comment

Examine me, O Jehovah, and prove me; purify my heart and my mind. (Psa 26:2)

my God; in Him I will trust (Psa 91:2).

If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, NOW is the time.

Persevere, pray and be ready for the Return of Christ.

Comment

All Scripture?

New Testament?
          There are plenty of Scriptures depending on which theological angle you take on this kind of statement. No one is "totally obedient in every area of their lives." Some will say (theologically) that they are but this position does not harmonize all Scripture on the matter. I would not make the statement you have attributed to your pastor. todd

Comment

I see being obedient as not only doing what God wants us to do on a daily basis, but doing something you wouldn't normally do but are being called to do by the Lord. Something that God asks of you that will take you out of your comfort zone. Being obedient not only means just doing what you're told, but it also means sacrifice. Christ was obedient as He was called to sacrifice his life for us. It was very hard for him as we see in the following verses, yet he did it out of obedience to His Father because it was His Father's will:

Luke 22:39-44
            39Jesus went out as usual to the Mount of Olives, and his disciples followed him. 40On reaching the place, he said to them, "Pray that you will not fall into temptation." 41He withdrew about a stone's throw beyond them, knelt down and prayed, 42"Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done." 43An angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him. 44And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground.

To be obedient is not always easy and some can be stubborn about the direction God wants them to take. I, myself, have been a stubborn one but in the end was obedient, but it wasn't easy. This involved moving way out of my comfort zone to do things I feared in the past, or to leave a church and program I loved to go to a different church totally different from the last to begin again. Now that I made the move I can see why God did this but back then I couldn't see it. Believe me...God lets us know when we aren't being obedient .

Live your life in such a
            way that, when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...

"Oh NO.... she's awake!"

Slug1: No, I have it so short I can't comb it to the side like before

cheechamia: ken...dear...honey...you have NO hair to comb on the side!!!
            sigpic

Comment

All Scripture?

New Testament?
              Christ is the only one who is totally obedient.. We all have fallen and have no chance to see God without him.

That being said, I didn't hear the sermon, but I would say that we should strive for perfection in Christ as we move forward in our walks. I think some of the others have demonstrated it to you well, specifically about coming to God and asking him to test/purify your heart/actions.

I would say be careful with anyone who tells you that there is any other way other than faith in Christ to be saved. I think about myself, how several years ago I was actually fairly well balanced with my life regarding various things - then I started letting individuals into my life that were in bondage to all sorts of worldly rituals and ordinances, to the point where they started trying to push their bondages and quest for self-righteousnous upon myself, and I too started to think that I needed to do exactly as they did in order to feel God's presence in my life. Be careful of churches and doctrines that preach things like that.

So continue pursuing righteousnous and being obedient, just make sure at the same time you realize that Christ himself is the ultimate key to you being cleansed before God.

God bless in Christ,

Stephen

Comment

All Scripture?

New Testament?
                Yeah, I am totally on the "grace" ticket. Sounds like a humbling message.

I wanted to offer this though.

Revelations 2:1 Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;

2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:

3 And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted.

4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.

5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

6 But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitanes, which I also hate.

7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Seems like a pretty balanced view, but with the warning of continued disobedience having more drastic consequence (v5), for we can not lose sight of where and what we were saved from. But Jesus does note where they were obedient (v2-4, 6). This is true of those justified through faith in Christ and not by their own works. "For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth." So, I offer that in the light of disobedience of the Christian.

God Bless!
                Watchinginawe

I Samuel 3:10 And the LORD came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth.

Comment

Working...
                X