How much are you paying for fuel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much are you paying for fuel?

How much do you pay for gasoline in a month?

As a follow-up question - what amount of money would gas have to cost to make you drive less of drive smaller more efficient vehicles?
    $50 - $100
    20.51%
    $100 - $150
    23.08%
    $150 - $200
    10.26%
    $200 - $250
    12.82%
    $250 - $500
    33.33%
    > $500
    0.00%

too much.......
    "Few men are born brave. Many become so through training and force of discipline"
    -Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead." - James 2:26

Watch This! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyheJ480LYA - Christian Artist Lecrae

Comment

I meant to make this a poll, but posted it too soon without making the poll. Have requested to mod to remove it so I can make another but so far still here.

Comment

Originally posted by NHL Fever View Post
        How much do you pay for gasoline in a month?

As a follow-up question - what amount of money would gas have to cost to make you drive less of drive smaller more efficient vehicles?
        Shoot I don't have any money to buy a smaller car...mine only holds nine gallons as it is and I am paying far too much for that nine gallons for sure! Its really tough. I think the last time I filled up it was 3.22 a gallon and going up.

I am trying to coordinate any errands I run so I don't have to back track but then I have been doing that for years. I don't know what else I can do...it wasn't like I just drove around town for fun in the first place! What makes me angry is congress calling in the big gas tycoons asking them how they are managing to make such a huge profit if they 'can't help' how high the gas prices are. Then asking them since they are making such a huge profits why can't they lower the gas prices...of course they don't and nothing is done about them...I think its for show, to make it look like the government cares about the stress we are all under due to these high prices which affect everything...

They say this summer gas prices will be up to four a gallon...

Oh that reminds me...you talk about getting smaller cars..the other day I was sitting in line to pick up Nate from school and this MASSIVE hummer came driving down in between the rows of cars. I never saw one this big before..it was even wider and taller then the regular ones...on the license plate it said, "Hummer2" .. You have to wonder about people like this...are they trying to show off how much money they have or their lack of care of the environment or what? The size itself it going to cause problems in finding parking and other issues. I was not impressed though. I bet that thing cost as much as a new house! ugh.

Made me want to run up to them with a gas can in hand..."since you can obviously afford this...how about sharing with a single disabled mom that has to choose between gas and food?"

"People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

Gasoline here is $3.35 unless it has gone up since Saturday.

Comment

It's right about $3.40 here for the van, but our truck runs on diesel which is about $4.20. Too much. Way too much.

Not sure where the line would be drawn, but we'd have to make some serious changes if things got too expensive for me to drive to work monetarily.
            Seek ye FIRST the kingdom.
            Not second or third, but first.
            Only when all else pales to God, when He receives all glory,
            when He is the source of all hope,
            when His love is received and freely given,
            holding not to the world but to the promise to come,
            will all other things be added unto to you.

Comment

Originally posted by NHL Fever View Post
              I meant to make this a poll, but posted it too soon without making the poll. Have requested to mod to remove it so I can make another but so far still here.
              Can't add a poll? PM me what you want it to say and I'll add it on for you.

Comment

Ahhh, the good old days when fuel was less that $4 a gallon!!! In Australia unleaded fuel is currently $1.50/L ($5.70/gallon) and rising. Diesel is over $6/gallon in many places. From empty it costs me $100 to fill up my 6cyl Ford wagon and we pretty much go through a tank a week. Estimations are that fuel will hit $2/L some time next year at the current rate. In which case I will have to do what Jesus did - walk everywhere

Cheers
                Leigh

Comment

Originally posted by TEITZY View Post
                  Ahhh, the good old days when fuel was less that $4 a gallon!!! In Australia unleaded fuel is currently $1.50/L ($5.70/gallon) and rising. Diesel is over $6/gallon in many places. From empty it costs me $100 to fill up my 6cyl Ford wagon and we pretty much go through a tank a week. Estimations are that fuel will hit $2/L some time next year at the current rate. In which case I will have to do what Jesus did - walk everywhere

Cheers
                  Leigh
                  When my mom and her husband went to Switerland a couple of years ago and traveled around that area, they talked about how much higher gas was over seas then it is here. Which we didn't know! And hear we are complaining and you guys have it so much worse. Makes me wonder though why it is so much higher over seas then here anyway?
                  "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

It's $3.40/gallon here right now. I filled my truck up a few weeks ago for around $75. Fortunately, I live pretty close to all the places I normally go (work, church, grocery store, etc...), so I can usually go through a whole month on one tank of gas.

If it wasn't for all the road construction around here, I would most likely just bike to work most mornings. As it is, though, there really aren't any bike-friendly routes between my house and work. The fact that I never learned how to ride a bike is somewhat of a limitation too.
                    We long to be known and we fear it like nothing else.
                    Most people live with subtle dread that one day,
                    they will be discovered for who they really are,
                    and the world will be appalled.
                    - Curtis, Brent and John Eldredge,
                    The Sacred Romance: Drawing Closer to the Heart of God

The joy is not in hiding, the joy is in being found.
                    - David Terry

My Testimony

Comment

Originally posted by moonglow View Post
                      When my mom and her husband went to Switerland a couple of years ago and traveled around that area, they talked about how much higher gas was over seas then it is here. Which we didn't know! And hear we are complaining and you guys have it so much worse. Makes me wonder though why it is so much higher over seas then here anyway?
                      Yours is government subsidised, while most other nations have the oil industry taxed. Thats why you have been relatively ignorant until recently of what the real price at the pump is like
                      "Few men are born brave. Many become so through training and force of discipline"
                      -Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead." - James 2:26

Watch This! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyheJ480LYA - Christian Artist Lecrae

Comment

I'll have to look on my way home, but heard that unleaded gas here has jumped to almost $4 a gallon overnight.

Comment

Here in Oregon we are paying $3.59 as of last night. But I just read where oil spiked in price again this morning so i expect gas will be $3.60 or higher by this afternoon.

Comment

OH yeah - total amount is probably $500 a month on gas. Insane.

Comment

I was moreso wondering what you guys are paying yourselves each month in gasoline, rather than what the price of gas is per gallon. I'm curious what people are actually doing to lower their costs, or if consumption overules conservation regardless of cost.

Our gas is about $1.20/L, which works out to $5.45/gallon. I spend around $100/mo on gas.

Comment

Working...
                              X