Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are holy angels indwelt by the Holy Spirit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are holy angels indwelt by the Holy Spirit?

I think I read that Augustine believed that they were and that Billy Graham believed that they were not.

There is no indication in the Bible that angels are "indwelt".
    ----------------------------------------------
    When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

Comment

The Angels would have no need to be indwelt by the Holy Spirit.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BrckBrln View Post
        The Angels would have no need to be indwelt by the Holy Spirit.
        Because they don't need to be redeemed?

Comment

What is the intended meaning of "indwelt" in the question?

They are alive, meaning they have life, and the Spirit (God) is life.(Rom. 8:10)

Comment

Some info on angels from Nelson Illustrated Bible Dictionary:

The vast army of unfallen angels delights in praising the Lord continually (Ps. 103:21; 148:1–2). Large numbers of them remain at God’s side, ready to do His every command (1 Kin. 22:19). Angels in God’s presence include the cherubim, seraphim, and living creatures (or living beings) (Ex. 25:20; Is. 6:2; Ezek. 1:5–6; Rev. 4:6).

Angels were created by God (Ps. 148:2, 5) and were present to rejoice when He created the world (Job. 38:4–7). In their original state they were holy.

Of special importance in the Old Testament is the Angel (Gen. 16:7; 22:11; 31:11). This angel is depicted as a visible manifestation of God Himself. He has powers and characteristics that belong only to God, such as the power to forgive sins (Ex. 23:20–21).

my God; in Him I will trust (Psa 91:2).

If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, NOW is the time.

Persevere, pray and be ready for the Return of Christ.

Comment

Wow Roe!!! I didn't even catch that (Ex. 23:20–21)!

Must...go...read...more!
              Jesus Christ: My Original Superman

The question asked in order to save her life or take it

The answer no to avoid death the answer yes would make it
              "Do you believe in God?" written on the bullet; Say yes to pull the trigger.

Repitition: God's exclamation point

Comment

angels

1 Pet 1:12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

Angels desired to see God indwelling people (the gospel).

Angels are not part of the bride of Christ (the church). The church is the body of Christ (where God lives, the house of God). Angels are not part of the bride, angels are not redeemed. There is no verse in the Bible stating angels have the Holy Spirit of God inside them. Doctrine must come from the word of God (Isa 8:20, Act 17:11). If it is not in the Bible it comes from man, i.e., worth nothing.

Comment

Working...
                X