Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The great trib..will we know when it officially begins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The great trib..will we know when it officially begins?

The point of this thread, if there is any interest, is what obvious things take place that let's us know that the great trib has officially begun?

If the great trib officially began tommorrow at 12 noon, would we know it? If so, how would we know? What obvious things must transpire that tells us we're in the beginning of the great trib? I think from reading Scriptures, most things would be pretty obvious. Certain events would tell us that we're a quarter of the way thru, half way, etc. But what about the beginning? Will the beginning of the great trib be obvious? I guess that's what I'm really trying to ask.

I believe it will be when Antichrist defiles the temple of God and declares himself to be God... that's when it will really get messy
    The LORD bless you and keep you; The LORD make His face shine upon you,And be gracious to you; The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,And give you peace. Numbers 6:24-26

Comment

Funny, a post on another board implied that we have 3 1/2 years to go in the tribulation, during which time Satan is loosed.

As far as the defiling of the temple (1) not everything that happens is in the news and (2) I am well aware that the temple in Jerusalem is not yet built.

So, your guess is as good as mine.

Samir

Comment

Originally posted by Samir View Post
        Funny, a post on another board implied that we have 3 1/2 years to go in the tribulation, during which time Satan is loosed.

As far as the defiling of the temple (1) not everything that happens is in the news and (2) I am well aware that the temple in Jerusalem is not yet built.

So, your guess is as good as mine.

Samir
        the temple rebuilding in Jerusalem won't be missed by the media. That's too big of an event... They will pounce on the story that plans for it even exist... lol
        The LORD bless you and keep you; The LORD make His face shine upon you,And be gracious to you; The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,And give you peace. Numbers 6:24-26

Comment

I too think it's the Antichrist claiming to be God in the temple of God that will be the 'beginning'. But I don't really think the 'temple of God' is going to be a rebuilt temple in Jerusalem. It could be but I also think it could be what Paul said elsewhere, that we as Christians are the 'temple of God'.
          sigpic

Comment

Something just occurred to me.

Aren't WE the temple now? So in the context of revelation, does "the temple" have to be of the brick & mortar variety?

Comment

In Revelation 12, the dragon begins war on the woman (Israel) and she flies to a place in the wilderness for a time, times, and half a time (3.5 years). The serpent casts water as a flood out of his mouth to carry her away, but the flood is swallowed up by the earth opening. When the dragon sees this, he becomes angry and turns his attention to making war with the remnant of her seed (i.e. believers in Christ).

ServantoftheKing

Comment

Originally posted by HisLeast View Post
                Something just occurred to me.

Aren't WE the temple now? So in the context of revelation, does "the temple" have to be of the brick & mortar variety?

unless you want a literal man sitting inside your chest declaring he is God....

Comment

Originally posted by timmyb View Post
                  unless you want a literal man sitting inside your chest declaring he is God....
                  It wouldn't be like that. The AC would stand in the 'church' where all the 'temple's of God' are and proclaim himself as God. This is why so many people believed the Pope to be the AC among other things.

This doesn't mean there won't be a rebuilt temple in Jerusalem but I think at this moment it's more plausible to go with the spiritual 'temple of God' theory.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BrckBrln View Post
                    It wouldn't be like that. The AC would stand in the 'church' where all the 'temple's of God' are and proclaim himself as God. This is why so many people believed the Pope to be the AC among other things.

This doesn't mean there won't be a rebuilt temple in Jerusalem but I think at this moment it's more plausible to go with the spiritual 'temple of God' theory.
                    Then why does it say that he sits in the temple of God and declare that he is God in 2 Thessalonians 2:4

The Pope is only acknowledged as the 'vicar' of Christ... he theologically doesn't say he is God but Christ's representation on earth but many Catholics come dangerously close...

Comment

You got to stop thinking so literally. I mean literal interpretation is good but it can get carried way too far. I've read the AC is going to literally go in a rebuilt temple and physically sit on the Ark of the Covenant, assuming they find it. Why in the world would a man sit on the AOTC?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BrckBrln View Post
                        You got to stop thinking so literally. I mean literal interpretation is good but it can get carried way too far. I've read the AC is going to literally go in a rebuilt temple and physically sit on the Ark of the Covenant, assuming they find it. Why in the world would a man sit on the AOTC?
                        then tell me how 2 Thessalonians 2:4 is symbolic? There is nothing hidden or mysterious about it... it says literally he will sit in the temple thus declaring himself to be God... the falling away is literal, the man of perdition is literal... why not his actions be the same...

Scripture isn't symbolic unless it specifically says so...

Comment

Originally posted by timmyb View Post
                          then tell me how 2 Thessalonians 2:4 is symbolic? There is nothing hidden or mysterious about it... it says literally he will sit in the temple thus declaring himself to be God... the falling away is literal, the man of perdition is literal... why not his actions be the same...

Scripture isn't symbolic unless it specifically says so...
                          Correct me if I'm wrong (and I may be, I don't know) but doesn't every other time that Paul uses the phrase 'temple of God' or some variation of it, doesn't it mean us Christians and not a literal temple in Jerusalem? This would have to be the only case where it's literal and that's a big IF.
                          sigpic

Comment

I have heard that the Jewish priest have all the parts of the temple, just waiting to erect it when they get the land back.
                            His Servant,
                            Sonshine

Comment

Originally posted by divaD View Post
                              The point of this thread, if there is any interest, is what obvious things take place that let's us know that the great trib has officially begun?

If the great trib officially began tommorrow at 12 noon, would we know it? If so, how would we know? What obvious things must transpire that tells us we're in the beginning of the great trib? I think from reading Scriptures, most things would be pretty obvious. Certain events would tell us that we're a quarter of the way thru, half way, etc. But what about the beginning? Will the beginning of the great trib be obvious? I guess that's what I'm really trying to ask.
                              Diva,

Hi! And yes, I think we will know when. Many think the 70th will begin when Israel signs an agreement with the AC concerning Israel's security. I am not one of these.

It is my understanding the 'covenant' has to do with the rebuilding of the temple and the re-institution of sacrifices.

And we will know of this because there will be much activity leading up to it. I mean, the Jews rebuilding a temple on the mount, where the Dome sits; beside it, or on the same spot!?

Besides, all those who are in the know, will recognize AC before he ever reveals himself mid-week.

And let me tell you this (without setting any dates regarding His return) now, before it happens. We will see AC within the next 7 years. So now is a time of preparation for the people of God.

2Witnesses

Comment

Working...
                              X