X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Washer anyone???

Has anyone ever herd of him?
    9For zeal for Your house has consumed me,
    And the reproaches of those who reproach You have fallen on me.
    Psalm 69:9

4 You adulteresses, do you not know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.
    James 4:4

19 You believe that God is one You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder
    James 2:19

"5 Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually." Genesis 6:5

I've heard of him but have never heard him preach or anything. I hear he is great though.
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah he is a good preacher. Of course GOD gave him that ability to preach that way. Which is amazing.

Honestly if anyone of you haven't listend to him preach you are totally missing out!!!

If you guys/gals want you can get his podcast on itunes. Just go under podcasts and type in sermonaudio.com or paul washer and download.
      9For zeal for Your house has consumed me,
      And the reproaches of those who reproach You have fallen on me.
      Psalm 69:9

4 You adulteresses, do you not know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.
      James 4:4

19 You believe that God is one You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder
      James 2:19

"5 Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually." Genesis 6:5

Comment

There is another thread around here somewhere on Paul Washer. I like his preaching a lot myself.

Comment

I just listened to his sermon on u tube. I love any preacher that speaks from his heart about loving the lord and his ways. And he did put his heart into that sermon. I hope he touched some of his listeners. In his sermon he seemed very emotional and at first it really touched me, but at the end it kind of disturbed me. I am not sure why. I will have to listen to him again to perhaps understand where it is coming from. However all in all I think he is doing great things for the lord because I believe in much of what he is saying, and hope and pray he reaches many for the Lord!

God Bless!

Comment

I think people get disturbed by a man who is emotional. But if we can't get emotional and throw our respectability to the wind for God, then we're in trouble. It is so completely counter cultural for a man to speak with passion. Yes, you will hear preachers get angry about sin, but it's harder to hear a preacher weep about sin. That really gets you in a way that anger doesn't.

But what is interesting is that the unsaved will say about an angry preacher, "oh, he's angry, he's full of hate... he should be upset that people are going to hell, not rubbing it in our faces." (That's not what those preachers are doing, most of them anyway, but the unsaved are always looking for something to pick on so they don't have to listen to the message.) Yet the same people, if they hear someone heart broken about sin and in tears over hell, will say, "oh, he's overemotional... he needs to see a counsellor!"

It seems to me that I've been disturbed listening to Washer (and other preachers) because the truth is, I don't always have that awareness of sin, I don't always weep over the fate of the damned. And I'm sure Washer can't either, or he'd be unable to function. But sometimes when you draw near to God, and you see a glimpse of His raw love, and holiness, you're going to have no option but to weep.

That's what makes us uncomfortable - the fact that it is strange and other for a man to cry in public. But the message is sound.
            Please could everyone pray for Mieke and Charles.

My testimony http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthr...ight=testimony

Comment

Originally posted by DeadToSelf View Post
              Has anyone ever herd of him?
              Hi there i dont know if this is allowed but, i have some of Paul washers sermons on my website, they are in the information section if you would like to hear him preach

http://christian.scripterz.org/index...ormation-Films

or you can do a google video search ! well worth watching

Comment

I have Paul Washer on my MP3-and listen to him at work. I think he's bringing out a lot of what much of the church has been missing out on these past several years. Personal holiness and throwing out the "ask Jesus in your heart-and your life will be great" or the "I'm saved therefore I can do what ever I want and it won't keep me from heaven" crowd.

Comment

Paul Washer is one of my favorite preachers, even if he is a flaming Calvinist.
                  My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Whispering Grace View Post
                    Paul Washer is one of my favorite preachers, even if he is a flaming Calvinist.
                    easy to spot the calvanist views though. Still a important message to be heard even though i'm not a calvinist. Baby and the bathwater lol.

Comment

I wouldn't say that I'm a calvinist, because I've not studied that aspect of theology. My brain though would like to be arminian. But I do know that I would NEVER of my own volition wanted to be Christian. One day I couldn't stand Christians, was glaring at them with utter hatred and muttering curses under my breath... the next I'm weeping into my hands calling on God. It was just like a thunderclap went off inside me.

I know that I had very little, actually nothing, to do with my salvation.

But then, perhaps other people aren't as wicked as I was, and can come by easier routes.

Comment

I dont belong to either camp, Salvation is of the Lord thats as far as my calvanisim goes. Poses more questions than it answers but there it is.

Comment

First of all let me state loudly that I do believe in what he is trying to say. I wholeheartedly think his message needs to get out to as many self proclaiming Christians who live in sin but go to church claiming to be a Christian. And their pastors are convincing them that they are saved because they said a small prayer 20 years ago. In essence it is not the 20 second prayer that saves you but the earnest repentance and a change of heart to follow Christ and his ways instead of sin that is paramount in salvation.

With that being said, I was thinking just before I went to sleep last night about what upset me at the end of his sermon, and the more I thought about it I guess it started when he said that when his son turned 18 he would rejoice to send his son off into a dangerous area to witness for Christ. And if he died in that service he would rejoice because he would be great in the Kingdom of heaven. And then he went off into in my opinion an inappropriate showing of emotion.

Now first of all I completely understand that if you literally give you’re life to the lord while witnessing for him is probably one of the greatest things you can do for him, but I want to caution people with this train of thought. Christ does not want you to die for him if you do not have to, but he wants you to live for him and witness to as many people as possible. His disciples lived a long life trying their best to show everyone how to love God, and what a wonderful crop of fruit it produced. They helped nurture the seed that Christ planted at his death at Calvary. I think Christ’s Goal for us is to not fear even death itself, but it is not to honor him by marching off to death for him when you do not have to.

The second thing was at the end his sermon his emotion seems to be out of the ordinary. It was not that he was pouring his heart out in grief for people who were caught up in a lie about salvation, but the crying for that long with no tears struck me as awkward. Be grievous, cry, get on a rooftop and yell to millions of people that living is sin is wrong, but do not pretend to grandstand a sermon from an emotional point of view if the substantive emotion is not there.

However, he is right on target with his interpretation of scripture in Matthew 7 imo. I will look forward to seeing much more of him anytime I can!

God Bless!

Comment

I really don't think he was grandstanding. You're actually accusing him of lying? That's a serious charge. Also, you say, of the disciples, that they "lived a long life trying their best to show everyone how to love God." Not all of them did. Some of them did, but most of them were martyred.

Comment

Originally posted by daughter View Post
                              I really don't think he was grandstanding. You're actually accusing him of lying? That's a serious charge. Also, you say, of the disciples, that they "lived a long life trying their best to show everyone how to love God." Not all of them did. Some of them did, but most of them were martyred.
                              I am not accusing him of lying. I am saying that if you act like you are crying for 5 minutes and do not shed tears something is inappropriate. It is not a serious charge, but an accurate visualization of what I saw. I can be accused of being a back seat driver which I am guilty of and I am not proud of and I really wish I had the talent to inspire people to follow Christ but I don’t nor have I ever been given the opportunity.

I also think he is missing a lot when he is talking about dying for Christ. I think he is wrong on it. The way he put it is to seek out death for Christ’s sake when that is not what the Lord wants for anyone.
                              NLT Proverbs 20:3 Avoiding a fight is a mark of honor; only fools insist on quarreling.

How many times did Christ not stand there and die when a crowd became upset.
                              John 8:58-59 58 Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am." 59 Therefore they picked up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself, and went out of the temple.

He knew he had a ministry so he used his head and he did not stand there and insist on quarreling with his fellow man and get stoned to death. I am trying to show everyone that the lord does not want you to just go out and get yourself killed for the sake of his name.

It is true that if we are backed up in a corner we are to never deny Christ, and if we die from that persecution, we can rejoice because you will be great in heaven, but that was not what Paul Washer was talking about at least in that segment I saw. He said that he would rejoice to send his child off after the age of 18 into a dangerous zone and to see him die to people who were persecuting Christians. He thought it would be great because he would be in great standing in heaven.

Matthew 7:9-11 9 "You parents-- if your children ask for a loaf of bread, do you give them a stone instead? 10 Or if they ask for a fish, do you give them a snake? Of course not! 11 So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good gifts to those who ask him.

I don’t know about you, but most every time I see Christ hanging on the cross taking agonizing pain on my behalf it hurts me deeply because I hate to see someone I love in pain. It makes me cry real tears to see him have to endure that kind of punishment for me. I am very grateful and overjoyed when I see him defeat death and I know Christ reigns gloriously in heaven, but I would never want anyone I love to have to endure suffering especially if they did not have to. Christ came to a point in his life and ministry that he knew he had to die for us and that is the difference.

No, I am not calling Paul Washer a liar, but I am saying that he is misguided in those two sections of his sermon. I am sorry you do not see what I am talking about. By the way what he suggested in that segment was very serious, and I guess that is what caught me off guard. I believe in what he was saying in most of his sermon, and have for many years. I hope he continues preaching in great glory, but I do hope he rethinks the delivery of those two points.

God Bless

Comment

Working...
                              X