• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food rationing in the US

Food Rationing Confronts Breadbasket of the World

By JOSH GERSTEIN
    Staff Reporter of the Sun
    April 21, 2008

MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. — Many parts of America, long considered the breadbasket of the world, are now confronting a once unthinkable phenomenon: food rationing. Major retailers in New York, in areas of New England, and on the West Coast are limiting purchases of flour, rice, and cooking oil as demand outstrips supply. There are also anecdotal reports that some consumers are hoarding grain stocks.
    At a Costco Warehouse in Mountain View, Calif., yesterday, shoppers grew frustrated and occasionally uttered expletives as they searched in vain for the large sacks of rice they usually buy.
    "Where's the rice?" an engineer from Palo Alto, Calif., Yajun Liu, said. "You should be able to buy something like rice. This is ridiculous."
    The bustling store in the heart of Silicon Valley usually sells four or five varieties of rice to a clientele largely of Asian immigrants, but only about half a pallet of Indian-grown Basmati rice was left in stock. A 20-pound bag was selling for $15.99.
    "You can't eat this every day. It's too heavy," a health care executive from Palo Alto, Sharad Patel, grumbled as his son loaded two sacks of the Basmati into a shopping cart. "We only need one bag but I'm getting two in case a neighbor or a friend needs it," the elder man said.

Here's the link to the rest of the article...

click here
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Folks better wake up... time is short and famine is here.

Visit our new website
    ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

A.W. Tozer said,
    "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectPeter View Post
      Folks better wake up... time is short and famine is here.
      I'm beginning to think the same exact thing...
      13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
      NASU

Comment

Call me up Mark.... want to talk to you.

Visit our new website
        ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

A.W. Tozer said,
        "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

OK. Will call you in about 30 mins.
          NASU

Comment

Our church has been talking about the same thing...food shortages...and feel the same way. More prayer is needed.

Live your life in such a
            way that, when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...

"Oh NO.... she's awake!"

Slug1: No, I have it so short I can't comb it to the side like before

cheechamia: ken...dear...honey...you have NO hair to comb on the side!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Personally, I believe the famine started with last years` drought.

I saw on CNN this morning, a news story about major traders sitting on their foods, in order to drive the prices up.
              Romans 15:30 KJV 30Now I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the love of the Spirit, that ye strive together with me in your prayers to God for me;

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectPeter View Post
                Folks better wake up <snip>
                I hear this a lot, on a broad range of topics, but I'm always left wondering what it means practically.

Comment

Originally posted by cheech View Post
                  Our church has been talking about the same thing...food shortages...and feel the same way. More prayer is needed.
                  Much more prayer, from everyone. I wish more churches would talk about this.
                  Seek ye FIRST the kingdom.
                  Not second or third, but first.
                  Only when all else pales to God, when He receives all glory,
                  when He is the source of all hope,
                  when His love is received and freely given,
                  holding not to the world but to the promise to come,
                  will all other things be added unto to you.

Comment

The best possible thing to do is to get into this mindset and stay in it:

GOD WILL PROVIDE
                    Romans 15:30 KJV 30Now I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the love of the Spirit, that ye strive together with me in your prayers to God for me;

Comment

I don't see any food shortages in the US. Its just more gloom and doom media hype. Any problem, real or imagined, always seems the worst in election years.

Comment

If an article like the one in the OP gets broadcast over CNN, there will be a run on the grocery stores that will be as bad as the ones on the banks back in 1929.

It probably wouldn`t hurt to stock up a little, just till the panic subsides - if it ever does.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAnteater View Post
                          I don't see any food shortages in the US. Its just more gloom and doom media hype. Any problem, real or imagined, always seems the worst in election years.
                          This could very well be true, but our world does need alot of prayer, not just the U.S. There is nothing wrong with offering up more prayers as a precaution. We can't be fanatical about it of course and worry ourselves sick, but keeping an eye on the situation is a wise thing to do. We should always be alert to all things that go on.

Live your life in such a
                          way that, when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...

"Oh NO.... she's awake!"

Slug1: No, I have it so short I can't comb it to the side like before

cheechamia: ken...dear...honey...you have NO hair to comb on the side!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by menJesus View Post
                            Personally, I believe the famine started with last years` drought.

I saw on CNN this morning, a news story about major traders sitting on their foods, in order to drive the prices up.
                            That is how it often starts.

Visit our new website

A.W. Tozer said,

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

Originally posted by HisLeast View Post
                              I hear this a lot, on a broad range of topics, but I'm always left wondering what it means practically.
                              Ever read the parables in Scripture where Jesus is speaking of the last days? Telling them not to sleep... many are sleeping and the day is quickly approaching. Means to wake up and stop sleeping. Not sure why that is difficult to understand I suppose... but there you go.

Visit our new website

A.W. Tozer said,

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

Working...
                              X