Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Revival breaking out in Lakeland, FL

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Revival breaking out in Lakeland, FL

    Starting this thread for anyone to post first- or second-hand accounts of the miraculous revival that is reported to have been occurring over the past 4 weeks in Lakeland, FL.

    Here are a few links to stories and info sources:

    Local Lakeland article about what's happening.
    Guy's YouTube video talking about what's happening.
    Another Youtube aobut Rivival breaking out in Holland right now, also.
    A link to information about Tood Bentley, who appears to be the Pastor leading the rivival.
    Here's the link where you can watch the revival live streaming online (warning: It's been crashing a lot due to overloads).

    Search Google for "revival Lakeland, FL" for more links and news.

    Personally, I'm stuck in Detroit on a consulting project until May 10th, but if it's still continuing then, I'm heading straight down myself!

    Let's hear from our members: anyone been down to Lakeland in the last 4 weeks? What are the reports coming out of FL? I've also heard reports that revival may be breaking out in other cities. . . .

  • #2
    I think my mom and brother are going down there soon. I know my brother talked about it and Todd Bentley.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Yeah I've been tuning in a bit..

      It's awesome what's going on down there. Revival is breaking out all over the place..this is just the beginning of a great revival that is going to sweep this whole nation.
      "Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom"

      Comment


      • #4
        I do have a few friends down at that one, and one of them was just healed of hepatitis c and got the doctors to confirm it.
        "Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom"

        Comment


        • #5
          Hmm - aren't folk aware of where Rob and Wendy Alec are coming from? And why does John Arnott need to come and give it his blessing? We all remember the nonsense that happened in the mid-90s as a result of the last (Toronto) "blessing" - this is not genuine revival - where's the preaching of the word? That's ALWAYS present!

          God is not the author of confusion - the Holy Spirit will not come in revival where the Word of God is not honoured, preached faithfully and followed.
          Last edited by 9Marksfan; Apr 29th 2008, 11:39 AM. Reason: typo

          Comment


          • #6

            Originally posted by 9Marksfan View Post
            Hmm - aren't folk aware of where Rob and Wendy Alec are coming from? And why does John Arnott need to come and give it his blessing? We all remember the nonsense that happened in the mid-90s as a result of the last (Toronto) "blessing" - this is not genuine revival - where's the preaching of the word? That's ALWAYS present!

            God is not the author of confusion - the Holy Spirit will not come in revival where the Word of God is not honoured, preached faithfully and followed.


            Just because healing is taking place does not mean Yahweh is at work

            “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Master, Master,’ shall enter into the reign of the heavens, but he who is doing the desire of My Father in the heavens.
            Many shall say to Me in that day, ‘Master, Master, have we not prophesied in Your Name, and cast out demons in Your Name, and done many mighty works in Your Name?’ “And then I shall declare to them, ‘I never knew you, depart from Me, you who work lawlessness!’

            (Matthew 7:21-23)

            In the Greek that word "many" means majority, over half.

            Over half of those "doing mighty works" claiming "in The name of Messiah" will hear
            I never knew you, depart from Me, you who work lawlessness
            from The Messiah.

            So then if they know not Messiah, then who is it they think they know as Messiah as source of the power for their mighty works?????

            deceiving spirits


            Is there true repentance going on?

            Are the people overcoming, walking in victory over sin?

            Are the people being obedient to Yahshua and His commandments?

            Are the people going out and proclaiming Yahshua and His Word?

            And when they had prayed, the place where they came together was shaken.
            And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spoke the word of Elohim with boldness.
            And the group of those who believed were of one heart and one being.
            And no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had all in common.
            And with great power the emissaries gave witness to the resurrection of the Master Yahshua and great favour was upon them all.
            For there was not anyone needy among them, for all who were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of what was sold, and laid them at the feet of the emissaries, and they distributed to each as anyone had need.

            (Acts 4:31-35)

            Here's a Scriptural example of what TRUE revival looks like.

            Comment


            • #7
              I think we need to be careful not to speak against what God might be doing and we need to be careful not to endorse what the enemy might be doing.
              Matt 9:13
              13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
              NASU

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Eaglenester View Post




                Just because healing is taking place does not mean Yahweh is at work

                “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Master, Master,’ shall enter into the reign of the heavens, but he who is doing the desire of My Father in the heavens.
                Many shall say to Me in that day, ‘Master, Master, have we not prophesied in Your Name, and cast out demons in Your Name, and done many mighty works in Your Name?’ “And then I shall declare to them, ‘I never knew you, depart from Me, you who work lawlessness!’

                (Matthew 7:21-23)


                In the Greek that word "many" means majority, over half.

                Over half of those "doing mighty works" claiming "in The name of Messiah" will hear
                I never knew you, depart from Me, you who work lawlessness
                from The Messiah.

                So then if they know not Messiah, then who is it they think they know as Messiah as source of the power for their mighty works?????

                deceiving spirits


                Is there true repentance going on?

                Are the people overcoming, walking in victory over sin?

                Are the people being obedient to Yahshua and His commandments?

                Are the people going out and proclaiming Yahshua and His Word?

                And when they had prayed, the place where they came together was shaken.
                And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spoke the word of Elohim with boldness.
                And the group of those who believed were of one heart and one being.
                And no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had all in common.
                And with great power the emissaries gave witness to the resurrection of the Master Yahshua and great favour was upon them all.
                For there was not anyone needy among them, for all who were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of what was sold, and laid them at the feet of the emissaries, and they distributed to each as anyone had need.

                (Acts 4:31-35)


                Here's a Scriptural example of what TRUE revival looks like.
                Amen - thanks for your encouragement.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Eaglenester View Post
                  Is there true repentance going on?

                  Are the people overcoming, walking in victory over sin?

                  Are the people being obedient to Yahshua and His commandments?

                  Are the people going out and proclaiming Yahshua and His Word?


                  Great questions. Is this occurring in Florida?


                  Matt 9:13
                  13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
                  NASU

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Brother Mark View Post
                    I think we need to be careful not to speak against what God might be doing and we need to be careful not to endorse what the enemy might be doing.
                    But we are to test the spirits to see whether they are of God or not - we are to PROVE all things - I looked into the Toronto phenomenon in considerable detail in the mid-90s - itr was really shocking how many occult practices and false teaching I discovered - and the kind of lives its proponents lead - "by their fruits (life AND teaching) you will know them....."

                    How we all need discernment in these days of deception.....

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by 9Marksfan View Post
                      But we are to test the spirits to see whether they are of God or not - we are to PROVE all things - I looked into the Toronto phenomenon in considerable detail in the mid-90s - itr was really shocking how many occult practices and false teaching I discovered - and the kind of lives its proponents lead - "by their fruits (life AND teaching) you will know them....."

                      How we all need discernment in these days of deception.....
                      And yet, I know of one who was miraculously delivered from homosexuality from an offshoot of that revival and is now walking with Jesus and praising his name in her deliverance. Was that the enemy?
                      Matt 9:13
                      13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
                      NASU

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Brother Mark View Post
                        And yet, I know of one who was miraculously delivered from homosexuality from an offshoot of that revival and is now walking with Jesus and praising his name in her deliverance. Was that the enemy?
                        Yahweh can work in the midst of the enemy.

                        Yahweh uses war and serial killers to bring people to Him - that doesn't mean the war and serial killers are of Him, or that we should support them because He worked thru them.

                        The example you gave just shows HOW mighty Elohim is that He can work where the enemy is working decption.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Eaglenester View Post
                          Yahweh can work in the midst of the enemy.

                          Yahweh uses war and serial killers to bring people to Him - that doesn't mean the war and serial killers are of Him, or that we should support them because He worked thru them.

                          The example you gave just shows HOW mighty Elohim is that He can work where the enemy is working decption.
                          And the enemy can work where God is working as well. That is what happened at the cross.

                          In the end, we need to watch and pray and see what fruit comes from it. And like men, movements can start pure and end in deception. The enemy does not ignore a move of God neither does God ignore a move of the enemy. Rarely should we be shocked to see both working in a situation.
                          Matt 9:13
                          13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
                          NASU

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Brother Mark View Post
                            And the enemy can work where God is working as well. That is what happened at the cross.

                            In the end, we need to watch and pray and see what fruit comes from it. And like men, movements can start pure and end in deception. The enemy does not ignore a move of God neither does God ignore a move of the enemy. Rarely should we be shocked to see both working in a situation.
                            Fruit takes time to bear

                            If a movement truely starts of Elohim, it will no go off course easily.

                            Toronto - once time allowed the fruit to be shown - proved NOT of Elohim.

                            The enemy can and does do healings and miracles.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by 9Marksfan View Post
                              Hmm - aren't folk aware of where Rob and Wendy Alec are coming from? And why does John Arnott need to come and give it his blessing? We all remember the nonsense that happened in the mid-90s as a result of the last (Toronto) "blessing" - this is not genuine revival - where's the preaching of the word? That's ALWAYS present!

                              God is not the author of confusion - the Holy Spirit will not come in revival where the Word of God is not honoured, preached faithfully and followed.
                              Hi Marksfan,

                              Since this is a new subject on the board, perhaps most of us are not aware of where this is coming from. Do you have some information with which to enlighten us?

                              Thanks.
                              Blessings,

                              Road Warrior


                              Proverbs 4:23
                              23 Guard your heart above all else,
                              for it determines the course of your life.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X