Anyone from this forum..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone from this forum..?

This has been talked about since anytime but this question has bothered me for a while and i hope people here knows something to this..

Who is cain's wife.. and all the doubts surrounding this

Best guess: his sister.
    To This Day

Comment

I second Markedward.
      There were no incest laws for quite a while, so it wasn't a 'sin' nor was it 'wrong'.

Comment

Originally posted by Hisw View Post
        This has been talked about since anytime but this question has bothered me for a while and i hope people here knows something to this..

The Bible doesn't give us her name or anything about who she was or what her blood relation to Cain was.

Why should it bother you about who Cain's wife was?

I don't think we should concern ourselves with what is not written in the Bible. But take that which is written and accept it as the truth and believe and apply it.

Comment

Was it Cain's sister?

Were humans created outside of Eden, separately from A&E, perhaps...gasp...evolved?

Who knows? The bible is silent on the matter. I'm a big believer in that, when scripture is ambiguous on a topic, it is every bit as purposeful as when the bible is very specific. In other words, don't hold any particular view on the subject as an article of faith.

Comment

I would bite but I am likely going to be kicked and slapped for it.

So Hisw, I'll ask this - BEFORE Jesus was made flesh, What do you think God looked like ?

this is not an "off the wall" question, and will lead to others
            Last edited by IamBill; Apr 30th 2008, 04:17 PM. Reason: add quote
            "Let no man deceive you"

I also am "man" - this includes myself !

Comment

Ditto on Mark's response... I'll further add a scripture reference:

“After he begot Seth, the days of Adam were eight hundred years; and he had sons and daughters.” (Genesis 5:4 NKJV)

Blessings.
              "A text without context is a pretext."

Comment

Originally posted by ShirleyFord View Post
                The Bible doesn't give us her name or anything about who she was or what her blood relation to Cain was.

I don't think we should concern ourselves with what is not written in the Bible. But take that which is written and accept it as the truth and believe and apply it.
                It bothers people because otherwise things don't quite make sense. Only Adam and Eve are created in the garden, Cain all of a sudden has a wife and humans begin to populate earth. . .Presumably with very close blood relatives? What about incest, isn't that wrong? People just naturally have questions.

Some people find it an intriguing question, I know I do.

In terms of people 'evolving' outside of the garden and that's where Cain found his wife--absolutely not.. . . The two aren't compatible.

Comment

I don't believe they were 'evolving' out-side of the garden either, But, perhaps they were there.

Ge 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them

Note: if anyone will respond to me, then first give deep consideration and answer my first question -
                  BEFORE Jesus was made flesh, What do you think God looked like ?
                  "Let no man deceive you"

Comment

Originally posted by ShirleyFord View Post

it bother me because incest is wrong and the children, scientifically would not be healthy babies(pardon me if i am wrong on this one)

Comment

Originally posted by IamBill View Post
                      I don't believe they were 'evolving' out-side of the garden either, But, perhaps they were there.

Ge 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them

Note: if anyone will respond to me, then first give deep consideration and answer my first question -
                      Male and female he created them, meaning, Adam and Eve.

Why don't you just tell us what you think of how Jesus looked before he was made flesh?

it bother me because incest is wrong and the children, scientifically would not be healthy babies(pardon me if i am wrong on this one)
                      There was nothing forbidding incest after the expulsion from the Garden.

Comment

Originally Posted by IamBill

Originally posted by Xel'Naga View Post
                        Male and female he created them, meaning, Adam and Eve.
                        We defiantly assume it does! But Please note that in Gen 1 God "creates",
                        in Gen2. (with the exception of Eve), God "puts and plants"

Why don't you just tell us what you think of how Jesus looked before he was made flesh?
                        hum, thanks for participating. This isn't about "me".

"Let no man deceive you"

Comment

Originally posted by IamBill View Post
                          hum, thanks for participating. This isn't about "me".
                          You posed the question, so what's the answer?

Comment

Then there came a voice from above the expanse over their heads as they stood with lowered wings. Above the expanse over their heads was what looked like a throne of sapphire, and high above on the throne was a figure like that of a man. I saw that from what appeared to be his waist up he looked like glowing metal, as if full of fire, and that from there down he looked like fire; and brilliant light surrounded him. Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him.
                            Pre-incarnate, though, arguably, it may be how He appears to man. His eternally existent being, I would think, transcends physical description.

When I read the "Let Us make man in Our image," I don't think it refers so much to a physical image, but rather to the spiritual image. We are, after all, the only earthly creatures with spiritual awareness.
                            To This Day

Comment

Genesis chapter 1 God made mankind. Genesis chapter 2 is Adam's story.

Comment

Working...
                              X