Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will fornicators go to hell?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Will fornicators go to hell?

    Nowadays it is so common for unmarried couples to have sex. Will fornicators go to hell if they do not repent their sins?

    Do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor abusers, nor homosexuals, (1Co 6:9, NKJV)

    my God; in Him I will trust (Psa 91:2).

    If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, NOW is the time.

    Persevere, pray and be ready for the Return of Christ.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Roelof View Post
    Nowadays it is so common for unmarried couples to have sex. Will fornicators go to hell if they do not repent their sins?

    Do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor abusers, nor homosexuals, (1Co 6:9, NKJV)
    Absolutely - the thing is, even before they were fornicators, they were condemned - sinners from birth - their fornication is evidence of their lostness, not the cause of it.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Roelof View Post
      Nowadays it is so common for unmarried couples to have sex. Will fornicators go to hell if they do not repent their sins?

      Do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor abusers, nor homosexuals, (1Co 6:9, NKJV)
      That's the room in the house for them is in hell
      Amazzin

      Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

      CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!



      Comment


      • #4
        Shall I save anyone a seat?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by HisLeast View Post
          Shall I save anyone a seat?
          Pardon my denseness, but what are you saying? Spell it out for dim Theophilus....
          θεοφιλε

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Theophilus View Post
            Pardon my denseness, but what are you saying? Spell it out for dim Theophilus....
            I'm both a fornicator and an adulterer.

            Comment


            • #7
              Would this not include everyone? As Jesus said, sin is from the heart, and if the actions are committed even in thought one is guilty of the sin. In that sense, I don't think anyone can honestly say they haven't committed murder or adultery or idolatry or fornication.
              To This Day

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by HisLeast View Post
                I'm both a fornicator and an adulterer.
                Well, that fits a lot of folks...and I'm sad to say, myself.

                However, I am not bound for hell, as I have repented of those sins, have asked forgiveness, and have been forgiven.

                To be eternally separated from God requires a willful persistence in sin, and a continual rejection of salvation as offered by Jesus Christ.
                θεοφιλε

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by HisLeast View Post
                  I'm both a fornicator and an adulterer.
                  Currently or formerly? Remember Paul says such WERE some of you.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by 9Marksfan View Post
                    Currently or formerly? Remember Paul says such WERE some of you.
                    Well, the woman who is now my wife was previously a fiance with whome I had intercourse with. Saving it for marraige would have been wiser, but is knowing that the same as repenting? Can one even repent when they no longer have the ability to execute the same sin?

                    As for the adultery, yes I'm a former adulterer, but an adulterer none-the-less. Its not something you erase. The fact I followed through on the impulse forever brands me an adulterer.

                    Also of note is that these dubious 'honors' were earned post-grace.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by HisLeast View Post
                      As for the adultery, yes I'm a former adulterer, but an adulterer none-the-less. Its not something you erase. The fact I followed through on the impulse forever brands me an adulterer.
                      No, it is not something that you erase. It is something that He erases. Paul says we are a new creation for a reason.
                      "What you do does not define who you are; it's who you are that defines what you do."

                      -- Dr. Neil T. Anderson

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by VerticalReality View Post
                        No, it is not something that you erase. It is something that He erases. Paul says we are a new creation for a reason.
                        I was a 'new creation' before the adultery.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by HisLeast View Post
                          I was a 'new creation' before the adultery.
                          The question is - have you repented of it? And have you and your wife repented of the fornication? The fact that you can no longer commit it does not make it something you do not need to repent of - do you admit that it was wrong and that you should not have done it?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by 9Marksfan View Post
                            The question is - have you repented of it? And have you and your wife repented of the fornication? The fact that you can no longer commit it does not make it something you do not need to repent of - do you admit that it was wrong and that you should not have done it?
                            Ceratinly, but it doesn't change that I did it post-grace, or that I have no means of showing repentence.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              If they are actively engaging in the activity, have not repented, and are not trying to change their ways then yes I believe the Bible is clear that they are.

                              Originally posted by HisLeast View Post
                              Ceratinly, but it doesn't change that I did it post-grace, or that I have no means of showing repentence.
                              yes it absolutely does! You must read the second half of that scripture to see that forgiveness can be given with repentence. Coming into Christ doesn't mean you become perfect, it means you become of aware of your imperfections and do your best to change them for the Lord. We all mess up in one way or another and the Lord is not asking us to be perfect, He's asking us to have a sincere heart in trying to be the best we can be for Him.



                              1 Corinthians 6:9-12
                              9Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
                              10Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
                              11And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
                              12All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.




                              Repentance done with a sincere heart grants us this forgiveness completely. The blood of Jesus washes away our sins when we accept Him and follow Him.
                              Married to my prince 04/04/08

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X