This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60 years on as a nation and they're STILL rejecting Christ

How do Dispensationalists reconcile their enthusiasm over the 60th anniversary of the creation of the state of Israel with the fact that - as a whole - the Jews STILL hate Christ?

http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/bre...breaking84.htm

Originally posted by 9Marksfan View Post
    How do Dispensationalists reconcile their enthusiasm over the 60th anniversary of the creation of the state of Israel with the fact that - as a whole - the Jews STILL hate Christ?

Not much different than the Gentiles by the billions throughout history prior to Pentecost that rejected Christ.

Narrow is the way, and straight is the gate that leadeth unto eternal life, and few find it.

It's not a Jewish or Gentile thing; but rather, humankinds hearts, more often than not, are wicked, and reject the Lord; although He is not very far from any one of them.

Comment

Dispensationalists see Israel as a fulfiling of prophecy, the ingathering of the exiles in the latter days. And despite their unfaithfulness God has not rejected them completely, and I believe He will pour out His spirit on them in the last days, and they will accept the one whom they pierced.
      And hey, their are still billions of Gentiles who also reject Christ.

Comment

I accept all these points - my point was that I believe it's TOTALLY wrong to make such a fuss about Israel as a nation, defending them and cow-tow'ing to them like SOME US preachers do (hem hem - I think we all know who I'm referring to!) - not only because of their barbaric actions but more importantly because they are STILL rejecting Christ - so until they start believing on Him in BIG numbers, PREACHING THE GOSPEL TO THEM should be the focus of our interest in Israel - agreed? Or is some Hyperdispie going to come in with the "dual covenant" theory and say that all they need to do is be good Jews and live up to the requirements of the Old Covenant - and they'll be OK! No need to come to Christ! Believe me, I've heard that nonsense!

Comment

not only because of their barbaric actions but more importantly because they are STILL rejecting Christ - so until they start believing on Him in BIG numbers, PREACHING THE GOSPEL TO THEM should be the focus of our interest in Israel - agreed? Or is some Hyperdispie going to come in with the "dual covenant" theory and say that all they need to do is be good Jews and live up to the requirements of the Old Covenant - and they'll be OK! No need to come to Christ! Believe me, I've heard that nonsense!
          What barbaric actions? you mean defending themselves? they are practically surrounded by 400 million people who want them gone.
          they are at war, have been for sixty years now. I often wonder what other countries would do in the same circumstances when being subjected to constant terror attacks, rockets fired into their towns on a daily basis.
          If the holocaust taught them one thing, its that they wont go quietly again.

Sure, they need Christ, in a big way, its what I pray for daily, and sadly I read in scripture that the majority will perish before they DO finally accept Him.

God blinded the Jews to the truth so they would not believe until the appointed time. Although their are many more believing Jews now than at anytime in History, still they are the exception.

btw, I see youre in Scotland, I grew up there (Ayrshire) and I'd say Scotland is far from being the 'Christian nation' it once was in the days of the reformation and the covenanters.

Rangers FC, all the way!!

Comment

Originally posted by Grafted_In View Post
            What barbaric actions? you mean defending themselves?
            It's the indiscriminate killing of civilians - women and children -in retaliatory attacks - that is sickening. I'm no pro-Palestinian but I get embarrassed at Christians who support everything Israel does when they are just as bad as the Palestinians a lot of the time.

they are practically surrounded by 400 million people who want them gone. they are at war, have been for sixty years now. I often wonder what other countries would do in the same circumstances when being subjected to constant terror attacks, rockets fired into their towns on a daily basis. If the holocaust taught them one thing, its that they wont go quietly again.
            Of course they have a right to defend themselves - all I'll say is I don't think they go about it in the best of ways a lot of the time.....

Sure, they need Christ, in a big way, its what I pray for daily, and sadly I read in scripture that the majority will perish before they DO finally accept Him.

God blinded the Jews to the truth so they would not believe until the appointed time. Although their are many more believing Jews now than at anytime in History, still they are the exception.
            Agreed - but the problem I have is with those who think that NOW is the appointed time - and has been for the past 60 years! Until they start turning to Christ en masse, I don't reckon we have anything to celebrate....

btw, I see youre in Scotland, I grew up there (Ayrshire) and I'd say Scotland is far from being the 'Christian nation' it once was in the days of the reformation and the covenanters.
            Sadly you're quite right - it is an utter tragedy that this country is as godless as most of the rest of Western Europe - just shows what can happen in less than two centuries.....

Rangers FC, all the way!!
            Did you see the got into the UEFA Cup Final last night? First time since 1972 that they've done that! And Russian opponents AGAIN! They won 3-2 last time - let's hope they do it again! Our local team, Queen of the South, are in the Scottish cup final for the first time EVER against them later this month!

Comment

I accept all these points - my point was that I believe it's TOTALLY wrong to make such a fuss about Israel as a nation,

Did you know that you are commanded to pray for Israel??
              The LORD is my Miracle

G_d was gracious He has shown favor

Hope is a seed
              God plants in our hearts
              to remind us
              there are better things ahead.
              -Holley Gerth

Comment

But Mark, there are many nations who reject Christ including here in North america. I could ask the same question to you -the Americans hate Christ?
                Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

Comment

This is what makes living so exciting.... if you love history.... for we are living history in the making!! The 60th anniversary marks a very important milestone for when Christ returns !!

EDIT:

We are living in a time of grace.... where Gentiles have to opportunity to come into the fold..... when that time is over,,,, I believe, then the scales will fall off the eyes of the Hebrew nation .......besides.... Who is causing their blindness????

Romans 11:8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear unto this day.

9 And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them:

10 Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.

11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.
                  The LORD is my Miracle

Hope is a seed
                  God plants in our hearts
                  to remind us
                  -Holley Gerth

Comment

Originally posted by ACCM View Post

Did you know that you are commanded to pray for Israel??
                    Yeah, I know - I just get annoyed when Christians justify every thing the Israelis do - and give the impression that, even though they have rejected Christ, were they to die in that position, they would still be in glory - do you believe that? That a Jew doesn't need to believe in Christ to be saved?

Comment

Originally posted by amazzin View Post
                      But Mark, there are many nations who reject Christ including here in North america. I could ask the same question to you -the Americans hate Christ?
                      I know - but I think people make WAY to big a fuss about Israel when we haven't really begun to see them turning to Christ - UNTIL that happens, I don't believe there's ANY cause to celebrate - they're as hellbound as non-believers in any other nation......

Comment

Originally posted by ACCM View Post
                        This is what makes living so exciting.... if you love history.... for we are living history in the making!! The 60th anniversary marks a very important milestone for when Christ returns !!
                        How so? I've never heard that one before.....

Comment

Yeah, I know - I just get annoyed when Christians justify every thing the Israelis do - and give the impression that, even though they have rejected Christ, were they to die in that position, they would still be in glory - do you believe that? That a Jew doesn't need to believe in Christ to be saved?
                          Every person has to confess Christ as Savior Redeemer to enter into heaven.... there are MANY Jewish People that does so
                          The LORD is my Miracle

Hope is a seed
                          God plants in our hearts
                          to remind us
                          -Holley Gerth

Comment

Originally posted by ACCM

How so? I've never heard that one before.....
                            Instead of me rewriting what has already been posted, I'll refer you to a recent thread on this Message board : http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php?t=123452

My argument is much the same.....

You look at the signs of the time.... and there is another thread,,,, I'll look for it
                            The LORD is my Miracle

Hope is a seed
                            God plants in our hearts
                            to remind us
                            -Holley Gerth

Comment

Another view....

The life of a Jew /Jewish nation is based a lot on symbology and types and examples......

Even when you look at the Star of David.... yes, it resembles the number 666 which also stands for the anti-Christ.... yet it also can stand for the six days of creation and the Sabbath, or the 6 days of the week and then the Sabbath....

The number 7 has a very strong value in the Jewish 'culture' for lack of a better word....
                              When the 6th day/or then 60th (6x10) year is completed, the 7th day or then 7th group of 10 years start..... a new phase of something new.... the Sabbath year, or the Sabbath or the time of rest starts.....

So Symbolically this is a age of something new to happen.....

I am not date setting, all I am saying is..... keep and eye on what is happening, know where we come from, watch for the Fig tree.... and don't be caught empty handed...
                              The LORD is my Miracle

Hope is a seed
                              God plants in our hearts
                              to remind us
                              -Holley Gerth

Comment

Working...
                              X