Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sin?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sin?

    Is it a disease that needs a cure or a crime that needs penalty?

  • #2
    IMO:
    Sin itself could be a disease that needs to be cured, but the acts from sin usually lead to some form of crime that needs a penalty - even if just on the spiritual level.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by stillforgiven View Post
      IMO:
      Sin itself could be a disease that needs to be cured, but the acts from sin usually lead to some form of crime that needs a penalty - even if just on the spiritual level.
      So its a disease that causes me to act criminally?

      Comment


      • #4
        It definetly needed a penalty !!! and the one that paid the penalty also provided the cure !

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Nobunaga View Post
          It definetly needed a penalty !!! and the one that paid the penalty also provided the cure !
          Are you suggesting that it is both crime and disease?

          Comment


          • #6
            Neither word is correct. Sin is a transgression against God's law. And the breaking of that law, requires death.
            Matt 9:13
            13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
            NASU

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Brother Mark View Post
              Neither word is correct. Sin is a transgression against God's law. And the breaking of that law, requires death.
              Is a transgression against a law breaking a law and isn't death a penalty?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by mikebr View Post
                Is a transgression against a law breaking a law and isn't death a penalty?
                Yes. But crime is more centered around man's laws. I was agreeing that it requires a penalty. The only penalty that fits is death. Sin always brings about death.
                Matt 9:13
                13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
                NASU

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Brother Mark View Post
                  Yes. But crime is more centered around man's laws. I was agreeing that it requires a penalty. The only penalty that fits is death. Sin always brings about death.

                  Doesn't disease if not treated?


                  Transgression:
                  : an act, process, or instance of transgressing: as a: infringement or violation of a law, command, or duty

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by mikebr View Post
                    Are you suggesting that it is both crime and disease?
                    I see it like this, i'll pretty much be telling you the gospel lol so i'll be preaching to the converted...Since the fall of man we have been seperated from God by sin and are born in sin. Through Adam all are fallen but we were given a promise in the garden that one would come and crush the head of the serpant. He has came and paid the price or penalty for those who love God. That i see as the penalty that had to be made for us to be reconsilled to God, His son gave his life for us, so there was a penalty to be paid and cost more than any human mind can comprehand.... the Son of God laying down his life for us.

                    Sin can also be called a disease likened to cancer or some other terminal disease that kills the body as it kills the human from birth spiritually and physically for the wages of sin is death. So i suppose the way i see it sin is both. What do you think..?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Did Christ come to treat a disease or to penalize a crime?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by mikebr View Post
                        Did Christ come to treat a disease or to penalize a crime?
                        He came to take the punishment for us for the sin we committed. He will come later to penalize all who won't accept him. Then there is the judgment to come later.

                        If one wants to use terms such as crime and disease, that's OK. But we need to be careful about developing truths from those kinds of thoughts.
                        Matt 9:13
                        13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
                        NASU

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by mikebr View Post
                          Did Christ come to treat a disease or to penalize a crime?
                          Gods justice demandeds payment for sin. Those who have salvation have it through the work on the cross of Jesus. He has shown the way for us to be reconsilled...through him. In paying the penalty he has given the cure, if thats how you wish to put it.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Brother Mark View Post
                            He came to take the punishment for us for the sin we committed. He will come later to penalize all who won't accept him. Then there is the judgment to come later.

                            If one wants to use terms such as crime and disease, that's OK. But we need to be careful about developing truths from those kinds of thoughts.

                            It seems to me that there was a plan before the foundations of the world.
                            The plan was between the Father, Son and Spirit to save us from sin not to appease God's anger toward sin.


                            The conversations might go like this:

                            "OK we know there going to sin and that's really going to make me mad, so I'll punish You as my Son to satisfy the anger."

                            or

                            "OK We know there going to sin and that is going to separate them from us, but we really do love them and they need to know how much. Lets show them."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by mikebr View Post
                              It seems to me that there was a plan before the foundations of the world.
                              The plan was between the Father, Son and Spirit to save us from sin not to appease God's anger toward sin.


                              The conversations might go like this:

                              "OK we know there going to sin and that's really going to make me mad, so I'll punish You as my Son to satisfy the anger."

                              or

                              "OK We know there going to sin and that is going to separate them from us, but we really do love them and they need to know how much. Lets show them."
                              As Paul wrote, we are crucified with Christ. Just as the wrath of God fell on the ark, those in the Ark were spared. But those outside the ark, God's wrath fell on them.
                              Matt 9:13
                              13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
                              NASU

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X