This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Me Recover From Being a Smoker

Please help me, it's been 3.5 days since I quit.
    Jesus Christ is The Way, The Truth, and The Life.

Soli Deo Gloria!

My Video's:
    http://www.youtube.com/thewoodsofjordan

Hello JordanW,

I'll pray that you find freedom from smoking. I'd like to recommend the Setting Captives Free 60 day course for smokers. It's an interactive bible based program that's free to use. You will have a mentor that will give you accountability and help encourage you along the way.

http://www.settingcaptivesfree.com/breath_life/

Comment

I'm not sure that would help that much. I was reading about it, and it says it's for people planning on quitting, but I've already quit.

Soli Deo Gloria!

My Video's:

Comment

I smoked for several years when I was young. It takes a while for the nicotine to leave your system. Chewing gum and peppermint life savers helped me for a while. And I tried to skip doing the some of the things where I had usually lit up. And I got outside and walked a lot. I only slipped once some months later; but it tasted so awful that I didn't go back to it. At first I found that I was taking a lot of naps but that wears off after a while and comes back when you are my age..but not because of smoking just because older people need shorter and more frequent times to sleep.

It is a lot to go through but rest assured I am praying for you to be free from smoking. I quit 38 years ago and life took on much greater meaning ever since..besides I took up things like skiing, mountain biking, and hiking and road race running..which would have been impossible as a smoker.

My prayers for you today.
        "The flowers appear on the earth,
        the time of singing has come,
        and the voice of the turtledove
        is heard in our land
        ." SofS 2:12 (RSV)

Comment

Originally posted by wiseoldowl View Post
          I smoked for several years when I was young. It takes a while for the nicotine to leave your system. Chewing gum and peppermint life savers helped me for a while. And I tried to skip doing the some of the things where I had usually lit up. And I got outside and walked a lot. I only slipped once some months later; but it tasted so awful that I didn't go back to it. At first I found that I was taking a lot of naps but that wears off after a while and comes back when you are my age..but not because of smoking just because older people need shorter and more frequent times to sleep.

It is a lot to go through but rest assured I am praying for you to be free from smoking. I quit 38 years ago and life took on much greater meaning ever since..besides I took up things like skiing, mountain biking, and hiking and road race running..which would have been impossible as a smoker.

My prayers for you today.
          God bless you, and thank you so much! Tonight at 12 A.M. it's my 7 day anniversary. It's been tough but because of prayer's and support I've been able to pull through.

Soli Deo Gloria!

My Video's:

Comment

Hang in there!

God Bless
            "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

Originally posted by JordanW View Post
              I'm not sure that would help that much. I was reading about it, and it says it's for people planning on quitting, but I've already quit.
              I hope you have continued success. If you start struggling and fall back into smoking, give it a try. They do a great job of using scripture and focusing on Jesus in helping with addictions.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAnteater View Post
                I hope you have continued success. If you start struggling and fall back into smoking, give it a try. They do a great job of using scripture and focusing on Jesus in helping with addictions.
                In 50 minutes it's my 1 week anniversary of being quit. I will never give in.

Soli Deo Gloria!

My Video's:

Comment

In 50 minutes it's my 1 week anniversary of being quit. I will never give in.
                  is heard in our land

Comment

Well now it's past that obviously, but 1 week is a big achievement.

Soli Deo Gloria!

My Video's:

Comment

For many, every hour is an achievement...every minute and you've gone 1 week (now more!)! Keep it up...remember who to turn to in your time of need and He will see you through it:

Phil 4:13:
                      I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Live your life in such a
                      way that, when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...

"Oh NO.... she's awake!"

Slug1: No, I have it so short I can't comb it to the side like before

cheechamia: ken...dear...honey...you have NO hair to comb on the side!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks a lot cheech! At midnight it will be 2 weeks.

Soli Deo Gloria!

My Video's:

Comment

Praying for you Jordan...keep it up! I hope you are praying to our Lord for freedom in any desire you have had in the past to smoke and also asking Him for strength to get through each day!
                          .................The message of the cross divides the human race." ~MW~

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
                          .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

Comment

Thanks a lot cheech! At midnight it will be 2 weeks.

owl
                            is heard in our land

Comment

Stats for May 14:

I have been quit for 2 Weeks, 12 hours, 6 minutes and 48 seconds or 14 days. I have not smoked 145 cigarettes. I have saved $30.52. I have saved 1 Day and 10 minutes of my life. I quit smoking on 4/30/2008 12:00 AM.

Soli Deo Gloria!

My Video's:

Comment

Working...
                              X