New Spirit Filled Life NKJV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Spirit Filled Life NKJV

What are your opinions on Jack Hayford's New Spirit Filled Life Bible? This was one of the first Bible's that I actually used, but the Pastor at my old church preached out of the KJV so it was kind of hard to follow along so I bought a KJV. My parents bought me a brand new genuine leather NKJV Spirit Filled Life Bible but I haven't used it much but am looking into using it more. What are your opinions and thoughts on this Bible?
    Jesus Christ is The Way, The Truth, and The Life.

Soli Deo Gloria!

My Video's:
    http://www.youtube.com/thewoodsofjordan

Originally posted by JordanW View Post
    What are your opinions on Jack Hayford's New Spirit Filled Life Bible? This was one of the first Bible's that I actually used, but the Pastor at my old church preached out of the KJV so it was kind of hard to follow along so I bought a KJV. My parents bought me a brand new genuine leather NKJV Spirit Filled Life Bible but I haven't used it much but am looking into using it more. What are your opinions and thoughts on this Bible?
    As I said in the other NKJV forum, I think it's a great translation, but I have major issues with Jack Hayford's doctrinal stance on lots of issues - I think there are far better NKJV study bibles eg MacArthur's or RC Sproul's. Eveb a Life Application one would be better (not sure if that's done in NKJV).

Comment

Since my brother posted above, I thought I would chime in too. Stay away from MacAthor's stuff. I know nothing of Sproul or Hayford. But I do like the wording of being "Spirit filled".
      Matt 9:13
      13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
      NASU

Comment

I don't know if this is possible, but it seems like the NKJV confuses me more than the KJV.

Soli Deo Gloria!

My Video's:

Comment

I think someone else here also has this Bible but I'm not sure.

Soli Deo Gloria!

My Video's:

Comment

I have Hayford's Spirit Filled Life Study Bible. I also have MacArthur's Study Bible and the New Geneva Study Bible by Sproul - the two Bibles mentioned by 9marksfan.

I use MacArthur's the most of those three. I've never used the Hayford Bible. So I cannot comment on it.

In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity. - Rupertus Meldenius

Read your Bible and pray every single day. - Pastor Jon Courson

If your grace ain't greasier than a bucket full of chitlin's and gravy, you might be a legalist - an internet friend.

Comment

Hayford has pretty standard views doesn't he?

Soli Deo Gloria!

My Video's:

Comment

I will start by saying that I like the NKJV bible. It is accurate. It is debatable, but in my opinion it is slightly more true to orig. manuscript than the KJV. I also like MOST of what Jack Hayford says in the bible and has printed that others say. I do not agree with all of what is said, but I honestly can not think of one person I agree 100% with from cover to cover of the Scriptures. All in all, it is a great study Bible. It is not detailed enough to stand alone as a study Bible, but it is a valuable tool among many to the library of the Christian.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Mark View Post
                  Since my brother posted above, I thought I would chime in too. Stay away from MacAthor's stuff. I know nothing of Sproul or Hayford. But I do like the wording of being "Spirit filled".
                  Macarthur says a lot that I do not agree with. However, he presents very useful commentary on a vast number of subjects and verses. Studying Macarthur's works is like eating grapes; you keep the good parts and spit out the seeds. He is a strong Baptist. In all truthfulness, he is very anti-pentecostal, but he is an excellent scholar. His anti-pentacostalism, are the "seeds" I spit out.

Comment

Originally posted by Reynolds357 View Post
                    I will start by saying that I like the NKJV bible. It is accurate. It is debatable, but in my opinion it is slightly more true to orig. manuscript than the KJV. I also like MOST of what Jack Hayford says in the bible and has printed that others say. I do not agree with all of what is said, but I honestly can not think of one person I agree 100% with from cover to cover of the Scriptures. All in all, it is a great study Bible. It is not detailed enough to stand alone as a study Bible, but it is a valuable tool among many to the library of the Christian.
                    Definitely a great insight you have there! My parents first got me this Bible sometime back in 2003 when I was younger and I really appreciated it then as it helped me quite a bit. I recently got a genuine leather one which is a lot nicer and am looking to start reading this Bible more.

Soli Deo Gloria!

My Video's:

Comment

Definitely a great insight you have there! My parents first got me this Bible sometime back in 2003 when I was younger and I really appreciated it then as it helped me quite a bit. I recently got a genuine leather one which is a lot nicer and am looking to start reading this Bible more.
                      You will enjoy it. I think it is the best pentecostal study Bible currently produced. Dake would be my second choice, but his notation is extremely hard to follow.

Comment

Why do you consider it to be Pentecostal?

Soli Deo Gloria!

My Video's:

Comment

Why do you consider it to be Pentecostal?
                          For several reasons. The first is the title. The second is the fact that Hayford is, and has been for many years a leader in the pentecostal move. The third reason is the commentary and the articles. They are all written in harmony with pentecostal doctrine. It is most definitely a pentecostal study bible. For me, that is a good thing. I am pentecostal.

Comment

Working...
                          X