Biblical viewpoint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biblical viewpoint

I recently took a well thought out test that placed me in the 100% fundamentalist bracket and to be quiet honest, I'm far from being a fundamentalist in practice. For instance, I am not a pre tribulational, pre millenial rapturist. Don't even use the term rapture. I don't believe the pastor is the ultimate authority in the church nor should he lord over God's people. Yet in belief, I seemed to be catagorized in this area. It was an eye opener.

The URL is http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 and I invite you to take the test yourself and lets discuss the results.

1st John 3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

One other thing. Make sure you answer the questions to the best of your ability. If you don't know the answer, research it before you continue.

1st John 3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

Comment

this is what i am according to the test...

You scored as a Reformed EvangelicalYou are a Reformed Evangelical. You take the Bible very seriously because it is God's Word. You most likely hold to TULIP and are sceptical about the possibilities of universal atonement or resistible grace. The most important thing the Church can do is make sure people hear how they can go to heaven when they die.

I dont agree with the above description, first i'm not a calvanist but do agree with certain aspects of it, and the most important thing the Church can do in my opinion is to preach the Gospel and give people advice on how to live for Jesus with biblical doctrine.

So i don't really agree or i'm i in denial......?

Comment

Originally posted by Nobunaga View Post
        this is what i am according to the test...

You scored as a Reformed EvangelicalYou are a Reformed Evangelical. You take the Bible very seriously because it is God's Word. You most likely hold to TULIP and are sceptical about the possibilities of universal atonement or resistible grace. The most important thing the Church can do is make sure people hear how they can go to heaven when they die.

I dont agree with the above description, first i'm not a calvanist but do agree with certain aspects of it, and the most important thing the Church can do in my opinion is to preach the Gospel and give people advice on how to live for Jesus with biblical doctrine.

So i don't really agree or i'm i in denial......?
        De Nile, isn't that a river in Egypt? There are some that take one or two points of Calvanism and disreguard the rest by the way.

Comment

I agree with total depravity, i agree that once your saved you will endevour in the faith if you have indeed been saved in the first place.

so i do take on board a few points but i believe you can seek the Lord and be saved also.

Comment

I'm not sure how I did...I did try to research the things I didn't understand, but even then I didn't know how to answer..mine came out to this:

What's your theological worldview? You scored as a Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan You are an evangelical in the Wesleyan tradition. You believe that God's grace enables you to choose to believe in him, even though you yourself are totally depraved. The gift of the Holy Spirit gives you assurance of your salvation, and he also enables you to live the life of obedience to which God has called us. You are influenced heavly by John Wesley and the Methodists. Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan
            86% Fundamentalist
            82% Reformed Evangelical
            64% Neo orthodox
            61% Emergent/Postmodern
            36% Classical Liberal
            29% Charismatic/Pentecostal
            7% Modern Liberal
            4% Catholic

(I don't want to be 4% Catholic) I don't know what this makes me..
            I'm so confused..it's so much easier to know that I am saved through the blood of Christ who died for me, was buried and rose again having victory over death, and that through Him and Him alone I have eternal life.. so what does that make me?

Is it bad to be what I came out to be?
            .................The message of the cross divides the human race." ~MW~

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
            .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

Comment

Originally posted by karenoka27 View Post
              I'm not sure how I did...I did try to research the things I didn't understand, but even then I didn't know how to answer..mine came out to this:

What's your theological worldview? You scored as a Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan You are an evangelical in the Wesleyan tradition. You believe that God's grace enables you to choose to believe in him, even though you yourself are totally depraved. The gift of the Holy Spirit gives you assurance of your salvation, and he also enables you to live the life of obedience to which God has called us. You are influenced heavly by John Wesley and the Methodists. Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan
              86% Fundamentalist
              82% Reformed Evangelical
              64% Neo orthodox
              61% Emergent/Postmodern
              36% Classical Liberal
              29% Charismatic/Pentecostal
              7% Modern Liberal
              4% Catholic

(I don't want to be 4% Catholic) I don't know what this makes me..
              I'm so confused..it's so much easier to know that I am saved through the blood of Christ who died for me, was buried and rose again having victory over death, and that through Him and Him alone I have eternal life.. so what does that make me?

Is it bad to be what I came out to be?
              There was a trick question or two there sis. One was about Mary, the mother of Jesus. The catholics believe there is diety in her and therefore effects biblical teaching. Can't remember the others but if you said she did, that put you in the area of RCC beliefs. I scored zero on the last five catagories.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobunaga View Post
                I agree with total depravity, i agree that once your saved you will endevour in the faith if you have indeed been saved in the first place.

so i do take on board a few points but i believe you can seek the Lord and be saved also.
                The total depravity thingey is probably what threw you into the Calvanist bracket.

Comment

Well speaking as a reformed evangelical i can say that i was 100% catholic this time last year so theres hope for you yet.lol

Seriously though, I'm a Christian period.

I believe Jesus is who he said he is and i'm saved through faith in him and he is the only way. He died for my sins and i dont put myself in a box, we are all brothers and sisters in him if we believe. There a million questions the test never asked so dont be too hard on yourself. IMO no test will ever be able to describe your faith in God your saved by the blood of Jesus Christ not a test. Bit of fun though and makes you think.

Comment

Originally posted by The Parson View Post
                    The total depravity thingey is probably what threw you into the Calvanist bracket.
                    yeah plus the Irresistible grace thing, as you say some people take a few points and leave the rest. I may be one of those people

Comment

You scored as a Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan You are an evangelical in the Wesleyan tradition. You believe that God's grace enables you to choose to believe in him, even though you yourself are totally depraved. The gift of the Holy Spirit gives you assurance of your salvation, and he also enables you to live the life of obedience to which God has called us. You are influenced heavly by John Wesley and the Methodists.

Kind of confused.
                      Jesus Christ is The Way, The Truth, and The Life.

Soli Deo Gloria!

My Video's:
                      http://www.youtube.com/thewoodsofjordan

Comment

Originally posted by JordanW View Post
                        You scored as a Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan You are an evangelical in the Wesleyan tradition. You believe that God's grace enables you to choose to believe in him, even though you yourself are totally depraved. The gift of the Holy Spirit gives you assurance of your salvation, and he also enables you to live the life of obedience to which God has called us. You are influenced heavly by John Wesley and the Methodists.

Kind of confused.
                        Why kinda confused Jordan?

Comment

Originally posted by The Parson View Post
                          There was a trick question or two there sis. One was about Mary, the mother of Jesus. The catholics believe there is diety in her and therefore effects biblical teaching. Can't remember the others but if you said she did, that put you in the area of RCC beliefs. I scored zero on the last five catagories.
                          I don't know...I scored even higher on the Catholic faith then she did and I put Mary at totally disagree (regarding the question which I now forget exactly how it went...)

What's your theological worldview?
                          You scored as a Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan
                          You are an evangelical in the Wesleyan tradition. You believe that God's grace enables you to choose to believe in him, even though you yourself are totally depraved. The gift of the Holy Spirit gives you assurance of your salvation, and he also enables you to live the life of obedience to which God has called us. You are influenced heavly by John Wesley and the Methodists.
                          Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan
                          96%
                          Neo orthodox
                          75%
                          Emergent/Postmodern
                          57%
                          Fundamentalist
                          50%
                          Reformed Evangelical
                          50%
                          Classical Liberal
                          43%
                          Modern Liberal
                          32%
                          Charismatic/Pentecostal
                          29%
                          Roman Catholic
                          21%

I don't think I have ever read any of John Wesley writings...by the way who is John Shelby Spong they asked about...and some other lady that I never heard of? I did try to look him up to see what his beliefs were but then realized it would be very time consuming and I didn't want to do that much work...lol. I clicked on the very middle dot for him at that lady...cause I didn't know how to vote! I also don't believe in total totally depravation or irresistible grace...since neither are in the bible. People DO, sadly resist the grace of God and there are people that do 'good works' without believing in God (not saying they are 'good' by bibical standards..none of us are by bibical standards). Anyway I would say this test is totally unreliable! As a teenager my step dad was a pastor of a Methodist church but I haven't attended one since then for varies reasons.

Oh and I have no idea what Neo orthodox is...or what they stand for ...never heard of them at all actually...

God bless
                          "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

I took it again and gave the same answers but not didn't agree or disagree as strongly, and i came out a fundamentalist, wich makes more sense to me. think i rushed the first one,

i thought more on this one and i'm now fundametalist and think those liberals have watered down the Gospel ( wich is true)

Comment

Because I don't even know who John Wesley is.
                              Jesus Christ is The Way, The Truth, and The Life.

Soli Deo Gloria!

My Video's:
                              http://www.youtube.com/thewoodsofjordan

Comment

Working...
                              X