Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

End Time Revival or End Time Deception?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by timmyb View Post
    I believe that we need to know what revival is before we judge it..

    for every move of God there are critics...

    are these people being legitmately healed? Does Satan work against himself? If these people are being healed, it has to be a move of God.... there is no other explanation....

    I would be careful, we tread on new ground here... we haven't seen a move of God this powerful since the Brownsville Revival... and that one has critics too...

    Let's look at the fruit of this revival... there are times for Scripture, people are getting saved, people are being healed... We need to look at the good coming from this and don't judge the fruit by how many nuts are in it but look instead on the fruit and praise God that he's moving and separate the fruit from the nuts...

    the last thing this revival needs is a critical spirit...
    While some bad stuff happened at Brownsville there at the end... let me state this and this is without a doubt true. There is a huge difference between Brownsville and this. One can say what they want for doctrinal reasons but at Brownsville... no one left without hearing Jesus Christ crucified, resurrected, living today and folks should repent and turn to God. That is a tad lacking in this particular Revival.


    Visit our new website
    ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

    A.W. Tozer said,
    "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.

    GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by ProjectPeter View Post
      Not that simple but in essence they say that this is the reason they likely had all the visions such as Paul on the road to Damascus. Frontal lobe epilepsy is "likely" what they suffered from and this "enhanced" their "religious experience" etc. etc. etc.
      Only saw part-1 (the URL I gave) and offered it as evidence for my statement epilepsy (sometimes) is linked to religious experiences. If the other parts (2-5) state what you say then I am truly sorry for posting this link and you did the right thing to remove the URL.

      Ed

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by rebel777 View Post
        Only saw part-1 (the URL I gave) and offered it as evidence for my statement epilepsy (sometimes) is linked to religious experiences. If the other parts (2-5) state what you say then I am truly sorry for posting this link and you did the right thing to remove the URL.

        Ed
        Yeah... it went on to get goofy.


        Visit our new website
        ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

        A.W. Tozer said,
        "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.

        GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by ProjectPeter View Post
          I don't want folks to misunderstand me here. I am not endorsing this Revival. Far from it actually. I am not going to be bold enough to call it of satan... but it is certainly flesh filled as anything one could observe.

          Look... there is no teaching there. There is no Word there. There are angels and "manifestations" but none of that makes it of the Spirit of God. Would I love to see that sort of realness of the Spirit... YOU BET. Is this it? No... not in ones wildest hope. Will people get healed there? Some perhaps but not because of Todd and his visitations and all that stuff. It will be because their faith was strong enough.

          Personally... I wouldn't waste the gas money or plane ticket to go there. There is no "edification" of the saints unless perhaps the saints need a pep rally much along the line of an old AMWAY meeting where folks gather and someone shows up to convince them to SELL SELL SELL!!! That will pump folks up for a week... maybe a month. But that too will fade. That being said... I also don't want folks to paint this picture with such a broadbrush that they make any thing "Revival" as something horrible either.
          No worries, I didn't see anything you said as an endorsement. I haven't seen enough to feel comfortable making any judgments one way or the other myself - although I guess that in itself is saying something. I was just making some general observations on what I have seen of it in the interest of discussion. Sorry it came off that way.
          May the vision of You be the death of me.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by ProjectPeter View Post
            While some bad stuff happened at Brownsville there at the end... let me state this and this is without a doubt true. There is a huge difference between Brownsville and this. One can say what they want for doctrinal reasons but at Brownsville... no one left without hearing Jesus Christ crucified, resurrected, living today and folks should repent and turn to God. That is a tad lacking in this particular Revival.
            this is a revival that is focused primarily on healing... which is a work of God... while people are getting saved, the kingdom is being shown in a mighty way... You judge a revival by it's FRUIT not by it's NUTS.... Although you may not agree with the method, the fruit is undeniable... God is showing up in a mighty way... people are getting ministered to by the Lord getting healed, and some are getting saved and turning their lives around... say what you want about this, but this is a move of God, what else could it be?

            Even Todd said that these are none of himself. If you would watch it and hear him preach you would know that. I choose to let the fruit speak for itself.

            I am endorsing this revival as a genuine demonstration of the Kingdom of God. I'll take the good with the bad. Like Sean Connery said to Lancelot in First Knight I can't love people in slices and you can't endorse movements of God in slices.
            The LORD bless you and keep you; The LORD make His face shine upon you,And be gracious to you; The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,And give you peace. Numbers 6:24-26

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by VisionOfYou View Post
              No worries, I didn't see anything you said as an endorsement. I haven't seen enough to feel comfortable making any judgments one way or the other myself - although I guess that in itself is saying something. I was just making some general observations on what I have seen of it in the interest of discussion. Sorry it came off that way.
              Ha... you're cool. I just felt I better clarify!


              Visit our new website
              ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

              A.W. Tozer said,
              "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.

              GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by timmyb View Post
                this is a revival that is focused primarily on healing... which is a work of God... while people are getting saved, the kingdom is being shown in a mighty way... You judge a revival by it's FRUIT not by it's NUTS.... Although you may not agree with the method, the fruit is undeniable... God is showing up in a mighty way... people are getting ministered to by the Lord getting healed, and some are getting saved and turning their lives around... say what you want about this, but this is a move of God, what else could it be?

                Even Todd said that these are none of himself. If you would watch it and hear him preach you would know that. I choose to let the fruit speak for itself.

                I am endorsing this revival as a genuine demonstration of the Kingdom of God. I'll take the good with the bad. Like Sean Connery said to Lancelot in First Knight I can't love people in slices and you can't endorse movements of God in slices.
                Not only have I watched it many times... I know Todd. So as I said... I am far from calling this something "demonic" and I hope others heed that as well. I just want folks to understand that there is much "flesh" in all of this as well. Rest assured... as time marches on... I will say plenty more. Right now... I am waiting to see if a few things happen that I pray do. If they do... wonderful. If not... that happens. \

                As to the Sean Connery quote in a movie... if that has impacted your life then I am not sure anything that I say would make much a difference.


                Visit our new website
                ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

                A.W. Tozer said,
                "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.

                GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by ProjectPeter View Post
                  Not only have I watched it many times... I know Todd. So as I said... I am far from calling this something "demonic" and I hope others heed that as well. I just want folks to understand that there is much "flesh" in all of this as well. Rest assured... as time marches on... I will say plenty more. Right now... I am waiting to see if a few things happen that I pray do. If they do... wonderful. If not... that happens. \

                  As to the Sean Connery quote in a movie... if that has impacted your life then I am not sure anything that I say would make much a difference.

                  as far as the revival goes... when the Glory of God is entrusted to humans, there is going to be those who aren't mature enough to deal with it... you are going to have genuine fruit and some nuts... as for Todd I cannot speak for him, I am to know him by his fruit... his method is debatable

                  as for the sean connery quote... i liked it... and I used it... besides what are you implying by me using that?
                  The LORD bless you and keep you; The LORD make His face shine upon you,And be gracious to you; The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,And give you peace. Numbers 6:24-26

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by timmyb View Post
                    as far as the revival goes... when the Glory of God is entrusted to humans, there is going to be those who aren't mature enough to deal with it... you are going to have genuine fruit and some nuts... as for Todd I cannot speak for him, I am to know him by his fruit... his method is debatable

                    as for the sean connery quote... i liked it... and I used it... besides what are you implying by me using that?
                    I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in the quote was my basic point and simple implication.

                    As to Todd... I do know him and ultimately DiggenDeeper made a great point. Let Revival start in our own lives and watch what will happen to the world surrounding us and watch it spread out as it truly infects others in a positive way. Don't worry about Florida and whatnot... let what happens there happen there. If it is of God then God bless them. If not... time will tell.


                    Visit our new website
                    ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

                    A.W. Tozer said,
                    "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.

                    GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by ProjectPeter View Post
                      I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in the quote was my basic point and simple implication.

                      As to Todd... I do know him and ultimately DiggenDeeper made a great point. Let Revival start in our own lives and watch what will happen to the world surrounding us and watch it spread out as it truly infects others in a positive way. Don't worry about Florida and whatnot... let what happens there happen there. If it is of God then God bless them. If not... time will tell.
                      that's what I'm trying to say... so far I like what I'm seeing.. I have had friends go there and have their lives impacted in such a remarkable way... I am very encouraged by this revival myself..

                      i don't put alot of stock in the quote, but it kinda applied to this situation
                      The LORD bless you and keep you; The LORD make His face shine upon you,And be gracious to you; The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,And give you peace. Numbers 6:24-26

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        went to the blog, read Doctrinal statement. I would use caution personally. I didn't watch the video, I went to see what they believe.
                        I have a Blog. Please visit!

                        My Blog http://bibleforums.org/forum/blog.php?b=537

                        Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by timmyb View Post

                          Does Satan work against himself? If these people are being healed, it has to be a move of God.... there is no other explanation....
                          Acts 16:
                          16 And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:
                          17 The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.
                          18 And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.


                          What if anyone were to be led to Christ because of what she had said?
                          Is this an example of Satan working against himself? Isn't Satan always trying to take some of the glory, even if its a little bit he is taking glory from God.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            The demons in the gospels couldn't help but cry out "You are the Son of the Most High God" when they saw Jesus - is that them working against Satan by declaring who Jesus was?
                            To This Day

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by timmyb View Post
                              Let's look at the fruit of this revival... there are times for Scripture, people are getting saved, people are being healed... We need to look at the good coming from this and don't judge the fruit by how many nuts are in it but look instead on the fruit and praise God that he's moving and separate the fruit from the nuts...
                              If we look at certain You-Can-Better-Yourself ministers, they certainly use Scripture, pray to God, people are "being saved," but oftentimes their use of Scripture is distorting what is in the text or even outright lying what a particular passage actually says, their prayers are for the people to be able to get that sweet new car they always wanted, and the people come to "salvation" not with faith in Christ to save them from their sins but faith in Christ to make them materialistically prosperous.

                              At first glance from the outside world, and even from "newborn" Christians, such ministers are bearing wonderful fruit for Jesus, but in reality they teach a twisted and selfish doctrine. The way we know this is by comparing what they teach and what they do to the Bible, using discernment for the Truth.

                              In my (third) post earlier in the thread, I compared one particular "anointing" that was recorded from the Revival to anointings and healings in the Bible. It doesn't match up. It doesn't compare. In every aspect of the "anointing" I saw that had taken place at this Revival, it contradicted what Scripture describes. The Revival may appear "fruitful" to people from the outside, or even to the misled who are "saved," but in direct comparison to the authority, the Bible, I see counterfeit.
                              To This Day

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by markedward View Post
                                The demons in the gospels couldn't help but cry out "You are the Son of the Most High God" when they saw Jesus - is that them working against Satan by declaring who Jesus was?
                                No... it is just that Christ cannot be denied ultimately... even by demons. They feared Him.


                                Visit our new website
                                ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

                                A.W. Tozer said,
                                "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.

                                GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X