Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really don't see how this revival could be considered anything but God's work. My Pastor and his family visited that church for a few days (travelling from England) and have come back full of the Holy Spirit. No one else fills people with the Holy Spirit except God, because the Holy Spirit is God.

God heals people, God brings back the dead and God fills people with the Spirit. No one else can do these things without the Spirit of God.

Our first thought should not be to question the works of God, but to praise and thank him for it. People have been praying for revival for years, now that God has given it to us- his works are being considered as those of the Devil.

No- This is God's work, and this Church is filled with God's people.
    He's charging into hell and bringing heaven with him!- Rob Bell

"So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir" - Paul - Galations 4:7

Comment

Originally posted by Friend of Jesus View Post
      I really don't see how this revival could be considered anything but God's work. My Pastor and his family visited that church for a few days (travelling from England) and have come back full of the Holy Spirit. No one else fills people with the Holy Spirit except God, because the Holy Spirit is God.

God heals people, God brings back the dead and God fills people with the Spirit. No one else can do these things without the Spirit of God.

Our first thought should not be to question the works of God, but to praise and thank him for it. People have been praying for revival for years, now that God has given it to us- his works are being considered as those of the Devil.

No- This is God's work, and this Church is filled with God's people.
      What you describe is not the definition of a revival. Tell me, how do you define revival?
      Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

Comment

How as your congregation increased in holiness throught this experience? Are any of the healings documented on video? The Apostles did works that were undeniable because people could see the results. todd

Comment

Sorry, I you suggesting that the healings happening in Florida are faked?

As to the question about revival: a revival is what God wants it to be. We have had revivals of the Word many times- This time it is a revival of the Spirit.

Our church especially was very dry in the Spirit. I have been seeking more of God's Spirit, for many months- Now that it has come, I am not going to question God's works.

We have a meeting tonight in our church where the Pastor's family will make their testimonies about what they saw, and we will have our own healings and floodings of Spirit. I will post back later to say what happened.

God Bless

"So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir" - Paul - Galations 4:7

Comment

As to the question about revival: a revival is what God wants it to be. We have had revivals of the Word many times- This time it is a revival of the Spirit.

Our church especially was very dry in the Spirit. I have been seeking more of God's Spirit, for many months- Now that it has come, I am not going to question God's works.

We have a meeting tonight in our church where the Pastor's family will make their testimonies about what they saw, and we will have our own healings and floodings of Spirit. I will post back later to say what happened.

God Bless
            "Healings" take place without divine intervention as with. A "flooding of the Spirit" will have people returning the faith and practice (and no, quivering on the floor in another state was not a new testament practice) known to the early church. The gifts are listed and if the lives of those involved see more "love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control..." there will be your proof.

todd

Comment

Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire

When I started to hear about what is happening in Florida, I remembered that I have a book on my shelf called "Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire" by Jim Cymbala. I highly recommend this book to any of you who are investigating or being attracted to the concept of fresh fire in the church today.

Jim Cymbala writes of his own experience, of being called to pastor a church of 25 people in a derelict section of Brooklyn. What happened in that church is a beautiful picture of what a true move of God looks like, and what the results can be when God is glorified. Today, that little church is known a Brooklyn Tabernacle, and has thousands of members. These are not Christians who were church-hoppers, but they are people whose lives were changed by an encounter with the true God.

We need revival in our hearts and minds today, and in our churches. May the LORD bring a true revival to us!
              Blessings,

Road Warrior

Proverbs 4:23
              23 Guard your heart above all else,
              for it determines the course of your life.

Comment

Originally posted by valleybldr View Post
                "Healings" take place without divine intervention as with. A "flooding of the Spirit" will have people returning the faith and practice (and no, quivering on the floor in another state was not a new testament practice) known to the early church. The gifts are listed and if the lives of those involved see more "love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control..." there will be your proof.

todd

These probably are happening in the church, they just might not be televised. Once this revival goes on for a little while longer, no doubt it will be public knowledge. I don't think you can judge this entire revival on one perculiar act.

Jesus said this in Mark 9.38 :

"No one can use my name to do something good and powerful, and in the next breath cut me down. If he's not an enemy, he's an ally. Why, anyone by just giving you a cup of water in my name is on our side."

Comment

God Bless
                  No, I am not suggesting that.

The primary fruit of a revival is souls coming to Christ in unheard numbers in places unimaginable.

All the past revivals (book of Acts included) has this one primary result. The mesage of Salvation through Christ alone is the focus. This is God's heart for mankind. This in my humble opinion is a non-negociable.

As for miracles and sign and wonders, these follow the conversions.
                  Revival is all about reviving that which is dead. Revival means reviving those whose hearts are hardened and non-responsive to the gospel and then suddenly breakthrough and acceptance of the Word of God.
                  Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

Comment

Originally posted by amazzin View Post
                    What you describe is not the definition of a revival. Tell me, how do you define revival?
                    I define revival by this one word... Restoration... it is a time of restoring to the church the power that it has lost...

can you give me a definition of Revival? I don't think these people who criticize these kind of things really know what they want... Forgive me if I seem offensive... it's just what I'm seeing

but this isn't the full extent of it... Healings and Miracles are a part of the demonstration of the kingdom but it's only a link the whole chain of things... Revival produces salvations, love for Jesus, wholehearted obedience to him, and is demonstrated by the giftings and healings and miracles
                    The LORD bless you and keep you; The LORD make His face shine upon you,And be gracious to you; The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,And give you peace. Numbers 6:24-26

Comment

But...

Originally posted by timmyb View Post
                      I define revival by this one word... Restoration... it is a time of restoring to the church the power that it has lost...

can you give me a definition of Revival? I don't think these people who criticize these kind of things really know what they want... Forgive me if I seem offensive... it's just what I'm seeing

but this isn't the full extent of it... Healings and Miracles are a part of the demonstration of the kingdom but it's only a link the whole chain of things... Revival produces salvations, love for Jesus, wholehearted obedience to him, and is demonstrated by the giftings and healings and miracles
                      But, has the Church ever lost her power? To even suggest such a thing is ludicrous, as the Church is the Body of Christ, to whom is given all power in Heaven and on Earth.
                      sigpicLife! Just Live It!
                      http://www.lifeblog.co.nr/

Comment

God's requirements for a true revival

I'd like to share a little more from Jim Cymbala's book, Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire.

Early on, he was crying out to God that he didn't want to just mark time. There was a point at which he was weeping before the Lord and heard this in his spirit:

"If you and your wife will lead my people to pray and call upon my name, you will never lack for something fresh to preach. I will supply all the money that is needed both for the church and for your family, and you will never have a building large enough to contain the crowds I will send in response."

At this point, Pastor Cymbala made the Tuesday night prayer meeting the most most important meeting that the church had. He told his congregation, "From this day on, the prayer meeting will be the barometer of our church. What happens on Tuesday night will be the gauge by which we will judge success or failure because that will be the measure by which God blesses us.

If we call upon the Lord, he has promised in his Word to answer, to bring the unsaved to Himself, to pour out his spirit among us. If we don't call upon the Lord, he has promised nothing. Nothing at all. It's as simple as that. No matter what I preach or what we claim to believe in our heads, the future will depend upon our times of prayer."
                        Blessings,

Road Warrior

Proverbs 4:23
                        23 Guard your heart above all else,
                        for it determines the course of your life.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadWarrior View Post
                          I'd like to share a little more from Jim Cymbala's book, Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire.

Early on, he was crying out to God that he didn't want to just mark time. There was a point at which he was weeping before the Lord and heard this in his spirit:

"If you and your wife will lead my people to pray and call upon my name, you will never lack for something fresh to preach. I will supply all the money that is needed both for the church and for your family, and you will never have a building large enough to contain the crowds I will send in response."

At this point, Pastor Cymbala made the Tuesday night prayer meeting the most most important meeting that the church had. He told his congregation, "From this day on, the prayer meeting will be the barometer of our church. What happens on Tuesday night will be the gauge by which we will judge success or failure because that will be the measure by which God blesses us.

If we call upon the Lord, he has promised in his Word to answer, to bring the unsaved to Himself, to pour out his spirit among us. If we don't call upon the Lord, he has promised nothing. Nothing at all. It's as simple as that. No matter what I preach or what we claim to believe in our heads, the future will depend upon our times of prayer."
                          I spoke at his church at the Brooklyn Tabernacle... wow... long time ago... mid to late 90's. He and Carol are some good people. Sweethearts in many ways.

Visit our new website
                          ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

A.W. Tozer said,
                          "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

Originally posted by ravi4u2 View Post
                            But, has the Church ever lost her power? To even suggest such a thing is ludicrous, as the Church is the Body of Christ, to whom is given all power in Heaven and on Earth.
                            You know... this is where we sort of get caught up in religious speak. Sure the "church" has lost it's power. That isn't a new concept at all and even one can simply read John's letter to the 7 churches and see where this isn't a strange concept. Tell me when the last time you saw a liar to the Spirit of God (and oh yeah... there are many) struck dead and drug out and buried. Been a while I'm sort of thinking.

Visit our new website
                            ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

A.W. Tozer said,
                            "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

Bride

Originally posted by ProjectPeter View Post
                              You know... this is where we sort of get caught up in religious speak. Sure the "church" has lost it's power. That isn't a new concept at all and even one can simply read John's letter to the 7 churches and see where this isn't a strange concept. Tell me when the last time you saw a liar to the Spirit of God (and oh yeah... there are many) struck dead and drug out and buried. Been a while I'm sort of thinking.
                              No religious speak at all...Your definition of church may be different from mine...Perhaps that is why you put it in inverted commas. John addresses the letters to the church in the city...But there is a Bride who calls with the Spirit, COME! My take...Even during the dark ages...the Church had been vibrant...
                              sigpicLife! Just Live It!
                              http://www.lifeblog.co.nr/

Comment

I am reminded of this song. It says it all, I truly believe!

Narrative from The Church Triumphant
                                Recorded by The Bill Gaither Trio

God Has Always Had A People!

Many a foolish conquer made the mistake of thinking that because he had forced the
                                Church of Jesus Christ out of sight, that he had stilled its voice and snuffed out its life.

But God Has Always Had A People!

The powerful current of a rushing river is not diminished because it is forced to flow
                                underground. The purest water is the stream that bursts crystal clear into the sunlight
                                after it has fought its way through solid rock.

There have been charlatans who like Simon the magician, sought to barter on the open
                                market that power which cannot be bought or sold.

But God Has Always Had A People!

Men who could not be bought and women who were beyond purchase.

Yes, God Has Always Had A People!

There have been times of affluence and prosperity when the Church's message was
                                nearly diluted into oblivion by those who sought to make it socially attractive, neatly
                                organized and financially profitable. It has been gold plated ,draped in purple and
                                encrusted with jewels. It has been misrepresented, ridiculed, blotted and scorned.

These followers of Jesus Christ have been according to the whim of the times
                                elevated as sacred leaders and martyred as heretics. Yet through it all, there
                                marches on that powerful army of the meek, God's chosen people that can't be
                                bought, flattered, murdered or stilled.
                                On through the ages they march.

The Church, God's Church Triumphant, is Alive and Well!

Now listen child of God. It's alive! (It's alive!)

Discouraged pastor it's His Church and it's alive! (It's alive!)

Lonely Missionary sow your seeds with confidence! (It's alive!)

It's alive my broken hearted friend! (It's alive!)

Old saint you’re not alone and forgotten, the Church is alive! (It's alive!)

Busy mother cast your cares on Jesus! (It's alive!)

It's alive young student. You're not alone in serving the Lord! (It's alive!)

Faithful father there's rest in the Lord! The Church is alive! (It's alive!)

Cynical skeptic you haven't killed God with your noisy unbelief. (It's alive!)

He's Alive!

So family of God raise you hands and praise the Lord.

For the Church, God's Church Triumphant is Alive and Well!
                                My favorite scripture: Malachi 3:16

"Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name!" (Every time we speak of the Lord, or even THINK of him--its written down in a book of remembrance!)

Comment

Working...
                                X