This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ravi4u2 View Post
    But, has the Church ever lost her power? To even suggest such a thing is ludicrous, as the Church is the Body of Christ, to whom is given all power in Heaven and on Earth.

I don't know...are signs and wonders just 'normal' to you... if it is then why all the ruckus about a mass healing?... we should be doing this in the streets

the reality of it is... the book of Acts church is the Normal Church... Like Peter said... we haven't seen people who use the glory of God for their own good struck dead... we aren't seeing apostles and prophets walk the streets proclaiming the word of the Lord and the church being added to daily... It was said of by Paul that there were going to be men that were going to have a form of godliness but DENY IT'S POWER... meaning they will say all the right things and do the services and go through the motions but deny the power of the Spirit...

Believe me, I do believe the church has lost it's power because we have denied it.
    The LORD bless you and keep you; The LORD make His face shine upon you,And be gracious to you; The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,And give you peace. Numbers 6:24-26

Comment

My Pastor has arrived back from Florida- And the revival in England is beginning!

There is no lack of God or Spirit in these meetings for that you can be sure. The main thing that is being revived in Florida is the works of the Spirit and Worship. And the same thing started last night in our church. Many people were healed, slain in the Spirit and opened their hearts to God.

Our Pastor did speak about some people not believing it is God's work. But he has been there himself and has been able to judge first hand. There is no need for anymore discussion on the matter- IT IS GOD'S WORK.

It is fair enough to question some things at first- but since this is so obviously God's work. I think people had better be careful before bad mouthing what God is doing. I would recommend anyone to read the whole of John chapter 9.

Jesus could do whatever he wanted to heal people. There was a blind man in John chapter 9, and Jesus healed him. He could have simply laid his hands on him and said 'Be healed' -But he didn't. No, Jesus spat on the ground and made little mud pies which he then put on the man's eyes. No clear divine method- Mud pies!

My Pastor once asked Jesus why he healed the man by making mud pies. Jesus replied "So you would wonder". In otherwords- Jesus purposefully healed that man in a perculiar way to show that there is no method to healing people- As long as they are healed!

Later in the same chapter, this man gets questioned several times by others. They asked him many odd questions to 'prove' that this man wasn't healed. They said "this man never was blind" or "it isn't the same man" - They even got his parents to come and tell them whether the man used to be blind or not.

The only thing the ex-blind man knew was: "I was blind, and now I see". If people keep questioning this work of God, they will be like these questioning Pharisees- with the evidence right in front of their eyes, but refusing to believe.

God is working in Florida, and now the revival has come to England.

If this isn't a Revival- I think it will do till one comes!

My Pastor also said this to all those who refuse to believe that God is working in Florida, sending his fire down upon a nation:

"Does your God still heal people?
      Does your God still do miracles?
      If not I'll stick with mine,
      I like mine!"

God Bless Everyone!
      He's charging into hell and bringing heaven with him!- Rob Bell

"So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir" - Paul - Galations 4:7

Comment

Originally posted by timmyb View Post
        I don't know...are signs and wonders just 'normal' to you... if it is then why all the ruckus about a mass healing?... we should be doing this in the streets

the reality of it is... the book of Acts church is the Normal Church... Like Peter said... we haven't seen people who use the glory of God for their own good struck dead... we aren't seeing apostles and prophets walk the streets proclaiming the word of the Lord and the church being added to daily... It was said of by Paul that there were going to be men that were going to have a form of godliness but DENY IT'S POWER... meaning they will say all the right things and do the services and go through the motions but deny the power of the Spirit...

Believe me, I do believe the church has lost it's power because we have denied it.
        No, I don't see "apostles and prophets (or anyone else, for that matter!) walk the streets proclaiming the word of the Lord"

Nor do I see "the church being added to daily..."; not even anywhere in Florida! Just two more reasons this possibly may not be the so-called real thing. "Feeling" is not a sign of revival, but going about proclaiming the Word of God is always the result of revival, and THE thing that brings sinners to repentance and puts broken homes and marriages back together, and heals broken hearts, and therefore, the churches increase when these things happen.
        My favorite scripture: Malachi 3:16

"Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name!" (Every time we speak of the Lord, or even THINK of him--its written down in a book of remembrance!)

Comment

Diggindeeper- Do you have any idea how many hundreds (possibly thousands) of people have become part of God's church because of the revival (and it is a revival!) happening in Florida.

The answer is: LOTS!

"So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir" - Paul - Galations 4:7

Comment

Originally posted by Diggindeeper View Post
            No, I don't see "apostles and prophets (or anyone else, for that matter!) walk the streets proclaiming the word of the Lord"

Nor do I see "the church being added to daily..."; not even anywhere in Florida! Just two more reasons this possibly may not be the so-called real thing. "Feeling" is not a sign of revival, but going about proclaiming the Word of God is always the result of revival, and THE thing that brings sinners to repentance and puts broken homes and marriages back together, and heals broken hearts, and therefore, the churches increase when these things happen.
            if you take the time to notice, there are people getting saved in Florida... you want to know if the revival in Florida is just a feeling then take a look at the line of crutches and walkers and wheelchairs they have collected... There is legitimate healing in Florida... I wish people would see the good of this instead of looking for things to criticize about it... I find that when man gets their hands on a Revival that it dies quickly.... Just let God work and rejoice

if you don't believe me then go down yourself and criticize it from the inside... you never approve the house from the outside looking in, so why are you using this same principle for the Lakeland Revival?
            The LORD bless you and keep you; The LORD make His face shine upon you,And be gracious to you; The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,And give you peace. Numbers 6:24-26

Comment

Friend of Jesus, please forgive us for being skeptical. I would ask you to observe carefully what happens in your own church, and to give us a true report. What I would hope that you would look for:

1. True healings of real diseases that can be documented, as plainly as the man who was lame from birth, that was healed when Peter and John were on their way to prayer. Everyone knew this man, knew he had been lame all his life, and now they saw with their own eyes that he was walking and leaping and praising God. Please watch for something that powerful and let us know.

2. True salvation experiences. Watch for people who were not Christians, who did not attend church, to come to Jesus. This also can be observed as true when you see dramatically changed lives. (Don't count the ones who just moved from one church to another church.)

3. The members of the church coming out in large numbers to the prayer services, and praying in faith and power for God's kingdom to be increased and God's will to be done.

4. Changed lives. People who were lukewarm Christians but were living worldly lives, who give up their drugs and alcohol and immoral behaviors, who return (or begin) to living Godly lives.

If you see more things than I have thought of, that have this kind of power, please let us know.

We can see the emotional responses of people, by watching it on the tv or the pc. What we cannot see are the changed lives.

Thanks!
              Blessings,

Road Warrior

Proverbs 4:23
              23 Guard your heart above all else,
              for it determines the course of your life.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend of Jesus View Post
                Diggindeeper- Do you have any idea how many hundreds (possibly thousands) of people have become part of God's church because of the revival (and it is a revival!) happening in Florida.

The answer is: LOTS!
                Friend, at my age, (and I'm telling you the truth...I have been an avid student of the Word for over 56 years!) and after all that I've seen in my time, let me tell you....only time will tell! I have seen it happen so many times. People get all caught up in fads going around, and they're all gung-ho! For a time. Then, well, this is what happens:

Matthew 13:18-23
                18 Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower.

19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, (Pray they first of all UNDERSTAND the Word! If they DON'T stay to gain understanding, then look what happens next...)then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it; (Note that they receive it WITH MUCH JOY! But joy alone cannot sustain! There is so much more, like PERSEVERENCE, and OBEDIENCE, etc.))

21 Yet hath he not root in himself, (I have only heard about all the "MIRACLES" in Florida. People are not being ROOTED, in the WORD. How much WORD is being taught there? Not much at all , from what I've heard! So many who went there are all excited, but ONLY about the miracles.) but dureth for a while: (Yes, they will be there for a little while. To see MORE miracles and signs and wonders..but, read on...) for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

(This is why I say time alone will tell....)

22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.

(In other words, if what they receive is NOT something that is to their benefit--like riches, or cares of this world, or even healing of everything from now on--then, the Word is choked out, and they cannot and will not endure.)

23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; (I offer it is the WORD they must hear, and they must UNDERSTAND. Only in this way, can they grow to spiritual maturity, and bring forth FRUIT!) which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

I have seen these things before. I am not saying and will never say that God went out of the healing business. I myself have received direct, instant healing at least 3 times! But I have had other times when I had to endure in spite of the fact that God did not heal me each and every time! So, I choose to wait it out and SEE the long-term results of this latest alledged revival.

Remember I told you, time WILL tell.....
                My favorite scripture: Malachi 3:16

"Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name!" (Every time we speak of the Lord, or even THINK of him--its written down in a book of remembrance!)

Comment

Transcend

We are called to transcend the natural and walk in the supernatural. After all, to be naturally minded is death. There are many miracles happening in many parts of the world. The genuine do not usually have God TV publicising them. Those that are publicised are very often (not all the time) just hype. Believe me, the Ecclesia has never lost her power!
                  sigpicLife! Just Live It!
                  http://www.lifeblog.co.nr/

Comment

When we are ill and go to a doctor, the doctor talks to us about our illness and then talks to us about how to receive healing. He provides information on how to maintain the healing so our illness does not come back. He doesn't just heal us without any info whatsoever.

I have watched many of the videos of the revival and true, we probably don't get see everything in its entirety so we do have to be careful of what we say. To receive healing is a wonderful thing and glory will always be to God because he is the Master Healer. His Son, Jesus Christ is the one who breaks the chains of bondage that the enemy ties so tightly around our wrists. But as I watched the videos, I was reminded of the following verse:

Matthew 12:43-45
                    43"When an evil spirit comes out of a man, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. 44Then it says, 'I will return to the house I left.' When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order. 45Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that man is worse than the first. That is how it will be with this wicked generation."

My main concern with what I watched of the revival is that I did not hear scripture regarding our "illnesses". I'm not just talking about physical illnesses but spiritual illnesses as Christ says in Mark 2:17:

On hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

I also did not hear scripture on how to maintain any healing they may have received. If one does not know how to maintain that healing spiritually through the word of God, then the verse in Matthew 12 will happen. We have to remember that when Christ and all of His disciples went out and did these healings, they also preached the word of God telling the people what they needed to know. They did not heal without telling people what they must do...and that is turn from their sinful ways and be saved. They preached the word of God. To be healed is wonderful, no one discounts this, but people must be told how to maintain that healing.

As I said, we didn't see everything that went on so I can only pray that for those who did not know Christ but became saved during this time, were ministered to by all the Christians and Pastors that were there (those who were a part of the revival and those Pastors in the audience).

Live your life in such a
                    way that, when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...

"Oh NO.... she's awake!"

Slug1: No, I have it so short I can't comb it to the side like before

cheechamia: ken...dear...honey...you have NO hair to comb on the side!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RoadWarrior View Post
                      Friend of Jesus, please forgive us for being skeptical. I would ask you to observe carefully what happens in your own church, and to give us a true report. What I would hope that you would look for:

1. True healings of real diseases that can be documented, as plainly as the man who was lame from birth, that was healed when Peter and John were on their way to prayer. Everyone knew this man, knew he had been lame all his life, and now they saw with their own eyes that he was walking and leaping and praising God. Please watch for something that powerful and let us know.

2. True salvation experiences. Watch for people who were not Christians, who did not attend church, to come to Jesus. This also can be observed as true when you see dramatically changed lives. (Don't count the ones who just moved from one church to another church.)

3. The members of the church coming out in large numbers to the prayer services, and praying in faith and power for God's kingdom to be increased and God's will to be done.

4. Changed lives. People who were lukewarm Christians but were living worldly lives, who give up their drugs and alcohol and immoral behaviors, who return (or begin) to living Godly lives.

If you see more things than I have thought of, that have this kind of power, please let us know.

We can see the emotional responses of people, by watching it on the tv or the pc. What we cannot see are the changed lives.

Thanks!

My answer is a big YES! to 1, 3 and 4.

The healings flooding out: For example my Pastor's daughter (18 years old) had a major back problem. She was descibed by the doctors as having "the back of a much older person". She was in a lot of pain for a while for a long time- BUT NOW SHE IS COMPLETELY HEALED!

The first night of the beginning of our revival began 2 nights ago, and far more people turned up than was expected at 1 day's notice.

People everywhere were being slain in the Spirit, speaking in tongues, lifting their hands in loving praise- The whole building was just ALIVE with God.

I can only guess on other people's part for your last question- But fo rme the answer is yes. I have given up an addiction that plagued my relationship with God.

For your second question: Only time will tell- We've only had 2 days! But I am certain that once our church starts moving fully in the Spirit- Our church will grow quickly.

And just before anyone starts moaning at me saying "you are not teaching the word"- I will tell everyone that there is PLENTY of the word in our meetings!

God is about to do something amazing in England

Comment

God has done amazing things in England before. The great revival of the turn of the century came out of Wales, I believe. George Mueller and Rees Howellls are two of my favorites.

Thank you for sharing. I shall be waiting to hear what happens next.
                        Blessings,

Road Warrior

Proverbs 4:23
                        23 Guard your heart above all else,
                        for it determines the course of your life.

Comment

Originally posted by ravi4u2 View Post
                          We are called to transcend the natural and walk in the supernatural. After all, to be naturally minded is death. There are many miracles happening in many parts of the world. The genuine do not usually have God TV publicising them. Those that are publicised are very often (not all the time) just hype. Believe me, the Ecclesia has never lost her power!
                          then where are the signs, the wonders, the miracles... you claim to have the power of the kingdom... then demonstrate it and let signs and wonders be done through your hands in the name of Jesus... or are you going to deny that?

Comment

Originally posted by cheech View Post
                            When we are ill and go to a doctor, the doctor talks to us about our illness and then talks to us about how to receive healing. He provides information on how to maintain the healing so our illness does not come back. He doesn't just heal us without any info whatsoever.

I have watched many of the videos of the revival and true, we probably don't get see everything in its entirety so we do have to be careful of what we say. To receive healing is a wonderful thing and glory will always be to God because he is the Master Healer. His Son, Jesus Christ is the one who breaks the chains of bondage that the enemy ties so tightly around our wrists. But as I watched the videos, I was reminded of the following verse:

Matthew 12:43-45
                            43"When an evil spirit comes out of a man, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. 44Then it says, 'I will return to the house I left.' When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order. 45Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that man is worse than the first. That is how it will be with this wicked generation."

My main concern with what I watched of the revival is that I did not hear scripture regarding our "illnesses". I'm not just talking about physical illnesses but spiritual illnesses as Christ says in Mark 2:17:

On hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

I also did not hear scripture on how to maintain any healing they may have received. If one does not know how to maintain that healing spiritually through the word of God, then the verse in Matthew 12 will happen. We have to remember that when Christ and all of His disciples went out and did these healings, they also preached the word of God telling the people what they needed to know. They did not heal without telling people what they must do...and that is turn from their sinful ways and be saved. They preached the word of God. To be healed is wonderful, no one discounts this, but people must be told how to maintain that healing.

As I said, we didn't see everything that went on so I can only pray that for those who did not know Christ but became saved during this time, were ministered to by all the Christians and Pastors that were there (those who were a part of the revival and those Pastors in the audience).
                            there are holes in every revival... that is true... we are man and imperfect and we are called into a partnership with God on the earth.... even sincere believers have made mistakes in the glory... it's a test of man... yes there needs to be a time of ministering on how to maintain the revival... because if we let it die then things will indeed get worse afterwards....

I really see nowhere on how to maintain healing in the Bible... other than 'Go and sin no more'... but if you can show me where that is in the Bible I would like to see it

Comment

then where are the signs, the wonders, the miracles... you claim to have the power of the kingdom... then demonstrate it and let signs and wonders be done through your hands in the name of Jesus... or are you going to deny that?
                              Even the apostles couldn't, at their bidding, demand God do a thing. It was just like Christ, only at the word of the Father could a thing be done. I have seen power in his church today and seen miracles worked that would amaze many. Last year, a lady with less than 1 month to live was healed of cancer in our church. We have witnessed many more miracles in our little congregation. One couple, barren for 7 years, received a word from the pastor to "lay it down". After giving their desire to Christ for a week, they became pregnant. I know of even greater miracles than these, but these will suffice.
                              Matt 9:13
                              13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
                              NASU

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Mark View Post
                                Even the apostles couldn't, at their bidding, demand God do a thing. It was just like Christ, only at the word of the Father could a thing be done. I have seen power in his church today and seen miracles worked that would amaze many. Last year, a lady with less than 1 month to live was healed of cancer in our church. We have witnessed many more miracles in our little congregation. One couple, barren for 7 years, received a word from the pastor to "lay it down". After giving their desire to Christ for a week, they became pregnant. I know of even greater miracles than these, but these will suffice.
                                but here's what i'm trying to say... you are absolutely right that we cannot demand God to do a thing... but, miracles and signs and wonders were the norm in the Book of Acts...heck that WAS their outreach ministry....that's how many were added to the church daily because of the demonstration of the kingdom of God through word and power..... 1 Thessalonians says that the kingdom is not in word only but in power... The healings are great, but they're too sporadic compared to the standards of the early church.... granted we are seeing them here and there... but in Lakeland it's happening massively... this isn't just one or two people, this is hundreds of confirmed documented healings breaking out here... the early fathers were used to this in whole cities

Comment

Working...
                                X